Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 18:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova 2.5 EDIT - Now touching a Lakh kms

Let me tell you about my april 2006 2.5 Innova V. i loved my car when i bought it. it was intended for my dad's use. but within a week of the car's arrival, i was dissapointed of toyota. first thing i noticed was the vehicle was not as fun to drive as my scorpio. but i thought its ok, the driver will suffer! we had installed reverse sensors from the toyota showroom. the sales person had assured me that they had highly trained staff who can do the task without making the bumper look dirty. so in the first week itself, my driver was reversing the car (with me on the passenger seat), the sensor's display screen showed a safe 2 mts of distance behind and we heard a bang! we had badly dented the boot door. that was my first suprise. such a huge dent at such a low speed, the panel was really weak! i have touched my scorpio millions of times while reversing in such speeds near my college, 4 cars including a tavera has banged my scorp from behind, but the bumper still stands proudly, and this was a mahindra! we had a huge expenditure of 10,000 within the first week! then when i called the technician of xenos reverse sensors, it turned out that the sensors were fitted vertically where it was supposed to be horizontal. who is the one to be blamed? my driver or the "trained toyota staff"?? then in a month, the front windshield developed a huge crack automatically! when sent to the dealer, they told us that your vehicle must have been involved in a shunt. when given a stern warning, they reluctantly agreed that its must be due to poor quality of the glass, the temperature difference must have caused it to crack! ridiculous! where is the toyota quality? then eventually, the front passenger window refused to roll down, then both the fog lamps refused to start, then a squeaking noise from the a/c blower. but the most serious one was, suddenly one fine morning the car started emitting thick black smoke from its tailpipe. though it was rectified at the dealer, no explanation was given as why this happened! most importantly, i face a tough time getting the PUC for my innova. the guys there say both the innova and qualis are problematic in this respect. i swear, never has my scorpio given me a trouble for PUC certification!
is this toyota reliability!
Old 7th January 2008, 23:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

This was a report on the Innova or a comparission between the Innova and Scorpio

I suggest you write something detailed and also please write them in para's.

Earlier Innova's were heard to have problems, many people have faced some build quality issues.

BTW Which dealer?

Last edited by BUSA : 7th January 2008 at 23:40.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

hahahaha, no it was no comparo between the innova and scorpio. i wrote that because i own both and many advised me against buying the scorpio saying it was a mahindra and hance not reliable. but my experience with the innova was not any better, isnt it??
Old 8th January 2008, 11:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

yours seems to be a one of case. ive had mine for 25k kms and not a single problem. the smoke issue does happen when you fill in premium fuel and an exhaust flush needs to be done. and these problems dont happen with any other innova. yours seems to be a lemon. and stop creating innova vs scorpio threads. all your doing is bashing the innova. (no pun intended) lol

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th January 2008 at 11:38.
Old 8th January 2008, 20:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

yup, even i am feeling i have been cheated!
Old 9th January 2008, 11:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Why dont you write to ACI?
Old 9th January 2008, 13:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My suggestion - sent out mail to all toyota mail IDs you can find on the internet by simply doing a search on google . The mail is definite to hit home sometime or the other. to take it to the next level copy all yoru friends on teh mail and hint at adding more corportes to the list . Ok thats an arm twisting tactic but if the situation calls for it , you should do it !
Old 10th January 2008, 17:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

what will i complain about? the irresponsible toyota techinician who fitted the sensors. since the sensors are not a toyota product, will they take the responisbility? i just hate the weak panels but how can i complain about that? the smoke problem is now solved and we dont know why it happened, so what will we complain????
Old 12th January 2008, 20:29   #9
Team-BHP Support

Just did a 500 km trip in a top end innova D and am impressed, though a lil bouncy in the back, the build is something MUL should learn from. Not even a single squeak inspite of pretty bad tarmac and no under carriage scrapes also.

Engine is a beauty with negligible interference inside and pulls well too Not bad a handler till 100-120 kph, i would buy if my trip has more than 6 people to ferry around.

Am impressed Toyota.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2008, 20:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just did a 500 km trip in a top end innova D and am impressed, though a lil bouncy in the back, the build is something MUL should learn from. Not even a single squeak inspite of pretty bad tarmac
Would not say so,have a company owned innova[barely six months old] top end model which is driven by the company driver and the slightest instance of the road getting bad the front panels rattle like hell.The sound is now driving me crazy.

Apart from the bucket seats at the back the best thing I like about the innova is the AC its a true chiller.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th January 2008 at 20:42.
Old 12th January 2008, 20:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Would not say so,have a company owned innova[barely six months old] top end model which is driven by the company driver and the slightest instance of the road getting bad the front panels rattle like hell.The sound is now driving me crazy.

Apart from the bucket seats at the back the best thing I like about the innova is the AC its a true chiller.
that all depends on how its treated. i would expect more from a vehicle thats maintained by a company.
Old 12th January 2008, 20:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

i have 3 innovas and one of them is 1.25 lac km old last week when i last drove her and the car starts in half a crank and it pulls like new and only thing which we have changed are the tyres nothing has been changed so far its all original and its 99.99% driver driven

and this only was a march 2006 model and we were so impressed with it that we bought 2 more

and this innova was for our old qualis which had done 4 lac km and the engine was never open

all i can say is that i am a very very satisfied toyota costumer

I LOVE MY INNOVA'S

Last edited by manikjeet : 12th January 2008 at 20:58.
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2008, 20:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

I guess rattle is something to do with the way the vehicle is driven on bad roads.

I do noticed rattling in my Innova but its mainly because of bad road travelling and the way its driven there. I do agree Innova rattles much lesser than my Swift but my Santro never had rattling issue.

When I baught Innova from first owner I didn't notice any rattling and I started noticing it once I covered around 6000km. Places I noticed 4 window glasses when half up and doors slightly thats it.

I feel like this rattling issue started from these new cars from 2005 year onwards

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th January 2008, 21:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I guess rattle is something to do with the way the vehicle is driven on bad roads.

I do noticed rattling in my Innova but its mainly because of bad road travelling and the way its driven there. I do agree Innova rattles much lesser than my Swift but my Santro never had rattling issue.

When I baught Innova from first owner I didn't notice any rattling and I started noticing it once I covered around 6000km. Places I noticed 4 window glasses when half up and doors slightly thats it.

I feel like this rattling issue started from these new cars from 2005 year onwards

Regards,

Ravi.
yes even i have experienced slight rattling and strange noises from the seats even though it has been driven only on good roads in mumbai...
Old 14th January 2008, 12:41   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes even i have experienced slight rattling and strange noises from the seats even though it has been driven only on good roads in mumbai...
the seats do make the odd little noise.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks