Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/34297-mitsubishi-cedia-sports-11500-km-7-months-report-5.html)

Sounds like you are ready to move on, whens the 325i coming ?

Oye Polio boy, You stop reading other's reports and first get a proper set of tyres for oyur car.

Dear reignofchaos

I wish you the best in everything for being a sincere friend and for posting a sincere review.

Mitsubishi has suffered because of lack of finances, poor targeting (rally drivers perhaps), and perhaps HM association.

Your bumper costs and light costs are comparable with Corolla. I had to get these replaced in 2/09 because of repeated rear-end abuse. I think the bumper cost 6-7K, and the light 6K even though the rear light glass was only chipped, but lights were fully functional, and I got it replaced because of aesthetics (some tape work on the light).

Some are of the opinion that water and leather do not mix. However, in Indian conditions, there is no alternative. I regularly use a wet cloth on my leather seat on a weekly basis, with personal soap cleaning on a monthly basis, and professional cleaning on a 3-4 mth basis. So far no damage after 31 mths. Will post the picture. Even if it damages on a long term basis, I would rather keep it clean than durable. There is always a replacement, which you can consider for yours.

Update: Car is getting work done which will make it slower in a straight line but much much faster in the corners :)

Yup. Time for a tyre change. What do you upgrade to after having used PP2s for so long?

Ans: AD07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1464763)
Update: Car is getting work done which will make it slower in a straight line but much much faster in the corners :)

Aint that a little over-hyped pal :D ? Come 'on only tires cant do the magic, you need better suspension too.

Hehe. Riju, you have a point but the AD07s are in a league of their own.

Heh... it surprisingly feels faster in the straights than when I had PP2s.

Preliminary report here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1465032-post89.html

PS: Mods can the title of the topic be changed to 30000km/2.5 years report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1463832)
Oye Polio boy, You stop reading other's reports and first get a proper set of tyres for oyur car.

I have my xm1

lol.... Seriously man, ditch those and get the Ad07s. Not too expensive at around 5k a tyre. Seriously worth it!

I have weak arms so I prefer to have a nimble car compared to something that handles like a truck at low speeds lol:

Hey, nice update. It’s been a while since any one posted a long term update on cedia. Restores my faith in it! After your update I think this is the perfect place to discuss few of my queries too. I have completed 11500 kms with 4th service done. I have observed that recently at idle speeds which is 800rpm (a/c off) the slight vibrations felt through the front seats and elbow rest have increased. Is it because of the ware and tare of the engine mounts? Can anything be done? Secondly there is a tik tik tik tik sound heard near the glow box and the left front door and its frequency increases with rpm. The sound is so less that it is only heard when bent down, ears close to the glow box and the a/c blower off. But its still present. Plus it does not come when the engine is cold. Service guys say it is of the injectors or the hydraulic tappets. I checked up other cars but the sound was not present. Since all other engine noises are concealed nicely why only this noise creeps in and why only on the left side? My guess is it must be coming from something close to the firewall on the left side? Any thoughts guys? (Sorry but I am too sensitive to any abnormal noise inside the car. I just can’t ignore it)

^^The excessive vibrations is something you might want to get checked. The other sound that you talk about is present in my car too. It used to irritate me earlier but I've given up on it now. Its something loose inside the dash that needs to be tightened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete mitchell (Post 1467969)
Hey, nice update. It’s been a while since any one posted a long term update on cedia. Restores my faith in it! After your update I think this is the perfect place to discuss few of my queries too. I have completed 11500 kms with 4th service done. I have observed that recently at idle speeds which is 800rpm (a/c off) the slight vibrations felt through the front seats and elbow rest have increased. Is it because of the ware and tare of the engine mounts? Can anything be done? Secondly there is a tik tik tik tik sound heard near the glow box and the left front door and its frequency increases with rpm. The sound is so less that it is only heard when bent down, ears close to the glow box and the a/c blower off. But its still present. Plus it does not come when the engine is cold. Service guys say it is of the injectors or the hydraulic tappets. I checked up other cars but the sound was not present. Since all other engine noises are concealed nicely why only this noise creeps in and why only on the left side? My guess is it must be coming from something close to the firewall on the left side? Any thoughts guys? (Sorry but I am too sensitive to any abnormal noise inside the car. I just can’t ignore it)

Hi Pete,
I had similar noise from inside the left door-glovebox-airbag area after I was roughing up the car for about 5 months in year 2007, just after I bought the car. Everyday 35 kms, in monsoon, on Pot holes and Bucket holes in Chennai's suburb, riding over without reducing speed at all. I just wanted to test the Rally-worthiness of this machine, you may say..
But then after 5 months, this minor rattle started coming and similar rattle started from inside the boot as well. Took the car to (then) ACT for 6 months serice and and told them about the rattles.
After service, the entire rattles and noises vanished. When asked they said that they did some tightening up work at many places. Little things, but the car became silent again. They said they fixed something inside the door that was loose as well...
Try with your service center or ask them to take help from HM for this issue.
Should be able to solve it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 1468835)
^^The excessive vibrations is something you might want to get checked. The other sound that you talk about is present in my car too. It used to irritate me earlier but I've given up on it now. Its something loose inside the dash that needs to be tightened.

The tightening of the dash can be done at the service station. Also can get door greasing, mirror tightened, and vanity mirror tightened. I do get this done every 4-6 mths for free at Toyota service.

Thanks for your replies guys. What I think is since the sound comes even when the car is stationary( u can spot the noise only when the car is stationary, blower off and the windows up) so it cannot be from a loose body part. The sound is certainly associated with the engine or an articulating part of the engine cause as the rpm increase the frequency of the tic tic tic tic heard increases. It’s very similar to the sound track of an engine tappet. Service guys don’t have any clue. Twice I had raised the issue but I got all vague answers like “must be of hydraulic tappets”, “ injectors”, “ no two cars are the same”, “this car is so silent that u are hearing the slightest of noises, but u have to understand it’s machine”. Hehehe. Any ways I will get the vibs at idle rpm checked the next time I go.