Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 17:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete mitchell View Post
Thanks for your replies guys. What I think is since the sound comes even when the car is stationary( u can spot the noise only when the car is stationary, blower off and the windows up) so it cannot be from a loose body part. The sound is certainly associated with the engine or an articulating part of the engine cause as the rpm increase the frequency of the tic tic tic tic heard increases. It’s very similar to the sound track of an engine tappet. Service guys don’t have any clue. Twice I had raised the issue but I got all vague answers like “must be of hydraulic tappets”, “ injectors”, “ no two cars are the same”, “this car is so silent that u are hearing the slightest of noises, but u have to understand it’s machine”. Hehehe. Any ways I will get the vibs at idle rpm checked the next time I go.
Now thats a different story altogether. I would check the belt for any nips on edge / possible misalignment (which is extremely rare) or something stuck in the groove of belt wheels. And the fan, for any minor rubbing. Anyway, I will send this to my friend in Maya Motors in CHennai see what they say.. Will keep you posted as I get a reply...
Old 10th September 2009, 10:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Following up with the reply from my friend-dealer from Maya Motors as below:

QUOTE:
Dear Sir,
Though i may not be able to come to a conclusion on the exact root cause without inspecting the vehicle,following could be few probable causes for the noises based on the symptom and conditions as stated by your friend .
1.Damaged belts ( as you guessed ) and the bearings of the tensioners and idlers.
2.Tappets can generate such noise only over a period of prolonged running .say after a Lakh kms .
We have seen such noises in the LPG fitted Cedias where such mild noises arises from the injectors .Is the vehicle fitted with LPG ?

UNQUOTE:
Old 10th September 2009, 22:02   #78

Hey thanks Raja. I will get my cars fan, belts, bearings of the tensioners and idlers checked by the service guys. Will keep u posted.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Guys wake up. Give me some more updates. I am being offered a 2 year old Cedia Sports with 25K on odo for 5.25 Lakhs. Is it a correct price and should I go for it? Is it worth as I intend to keep the car for atleast 5 -6 years from now.
Old 13th April 2010, 13:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

With all other things being normal, like no accidents, no repainting and no major replacements done, this looks like a good price. May be negotiable downside of 5 Lakhs and you make a kill.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:41   #81

Around 5 Lakhs for a two year old Cedia is sweet. With all the Cedia ownership reports that I see here, Cedia is a durable product. As Raja says, do the kill.
Looking for a Cedia myself; do refer me
Old 9th October 2010, 18:00   #82
BHPian

Guess this thread has been silent for quite some time now!!

Anyway a very good review of the cedia!!now i am considering the cedia especially for its fun to drive nature, japanese reliability and mod-friendly character!!but there are hardly any on the streets and the dealer i called up in mangalore say they do not have a demo car and i have to go to bangalore to see or test drive one!!

Just wanted to know whether it is a good idea going for a new cedia.i am not worried of resale much but ya in general how is long term reliability and service?guess from your experience it has been quite good but would you advise to buy one?
Old 12th August 2012, 02:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report

Close to zeroing in on a Cedia Sports. Getting it at INR 8 lakhs (ex showroom, Bhopal) after a dealer discount of about INR 55k.

Checked out everything from a Honda City & Renault Duster to Honda Civic V MT.

Must say that the reviews here have been a great help. Hope that the Cedia will become a nice upgrade from the Baleno.

Thanks again to all of you.
Old 12th August 2012, 14:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Close to zeroing in on a Cedia Sports. Getting it at INR 8 lakhs (ex showroom, Bhopal) after a dealer discount of about INR 55k.

Checked out everything from a Honda City & Renault Duster to Honda Civic V MT.

Must say that the reviews here have been a great help. Hope that the Cedia will become a nice upgrade from the Baleno.

Thanks again to all of you.

Does the current cedia sports till comes with Momo Steering and pedals and OZ rims?
and does it still have Kenwoods Indash DVD system?
Old 12th August 2012, 20:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Does the current cedia sports till comes with Momo Steering and pedals and OZ rims?
and does it still have Kenwoods Indash DVD system?
Currently, the car is coming with MOMO Steering wheel, OZ alloyd, Alloy pedals, and 1 DIN Kenwood CD/mp3. No leather upholstery.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Good luck and thanks for digging up my 5 year old thread. So far, my car has now done 60000km and the following are the parts that have been replaced:

Wear and tear:
Clutch overhaul : ~8500
Power steering hose : ~7900
Front brake pads: ~4500
Rear brake pads: ~4000

Average regular service: ~7500 with motul synthetic oil - Only required once a year.

Accidental repair parts:
Left Headlamp 5900
Front bumper 8400
Rear Bumper 12900
Rear Skirts 19100
Rear Tail lamp 5100

Other than above, have had zero trouble with the car. Its outstanding. Even after 5 years and 60k km, it looks virtually new.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:06   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone. She is home. Cedia Sports now sits in my garage with my Baleno VXi. I love am so in love with my garage. Thanks everyone for help and suggestions.

Regards
Old 25th September 2012, 12:43   #88
BHPian

Did any one sourced good Ceramic break pads (EBC/Hawk) from India ?? I would soon need to change the front ones, and the Service Center is selling cheaper metallic pads for 6.6K !! This is complete ripoff! Metal pads without sensor from reputed brands sell for mere $14 -$18. The Auth service center should give Cermaic ones for 6.6K.

Some US/UK e-bay sellers are selling EBC Greenstuff for $80. but shipping kills.
ujjwaana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 13:02   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
the Service Center is selling cheaper metallic pads for 6.6K !! This is complete ripoff! Metal pads without sensor from reputed brands sell for mere $14 -$18. The Auth service center should give Cermaic ones for 6.6K.
This is very interesting.
How to check if the pads are ceramic or not?
I just got all 4 changed for my Tucson at the service center and trusted them that they will source the Hyundai authorized OEM ones. But not sure those are ceramic or not. Would love to check that.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the front ones costed Rs.4168 + tax and the rear ones costed Rs. 3224 + tax. And I also observed thay call it "PAD KIT - FR, Qty 1 Nos" and "PAD KIT - RR, Qty 1 Nos ", so I was wondering if pads are always sold as a pair and once can not order a single one. For the brake disks, they have mentioned "DISC -FR, Qty 2 Nos" (I did not change the rear discs), so I asusme discs can be ordered individually!!! Not sure why is that.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th September 2012 at 13:11.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
This is very interesting.
How to check if the pads are ceramic or not?
I just got all 4 changed for my Tucson at the service center and trusted them that they will source the Hyundai authorized OEM ones. But note sure those are ceramic or not. Would love to check that.

Thanks!
Take a Multi Meter and read the Resistance - Ceramic would have little or no resistance compared to Metallic !! Well not that of a hassle. The very texture, dust and feel of the Ceramic pad surface is different from metallic. Both have their pros and cons, but from safety and performance point of view, Ceramic wins thumbs down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks