Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2013, 08:29   #91

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report

ive a 2007 cedia sports. its done about 40k now. has anyone else faced a problem with the inside panel that runs just above the glove compartment on the passenger side all the way till behind the steering wheel. the one that has a mesh pattern.

i had this strange situation - the panel started taking fingerprints which werent going away and on cleaning it, the whole mesh pattern almost melted off and its now all grey
Old 12th August 2013, 11:45   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenomenon View Post
ive a 2007 cedia sports. its done about 40k now. has anyone else faced a problem with the inside panel that runs just above the glove compartment on the passenger side all the way till behind the steering wheel. the one that has a mesh pattern.

i had this strange situation - the panel started taking fingerprints which werent going away and on cleaning it, the whole mesh pattern almost melted off and its now all grey
Do you have any Air freshener in your car? Chemicals used in air freshener (if spilled/leaked) can damage the plastic.

Also, some fake / low quality dashboard cleaners can actually do a lot of harm to the gloss and texture of the dashboard.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:38   #93

Can any one of the Cedia owners from Bangalore comment on
1. service experience with the ASS
2. the availability of spares in Bangalore

I know that the car is officially discontinued.
Old 7th August 2014, 14:43   #94
BHPian

Service is ok. They tend to be fine, not as good as honda/Toyota but nowhere as bad as a skoda. Most common spares are easily available, or can be procured in a week or so from the factory. I sold my Cedia 2 months ago because I felt in the next year or so spares may be an issue.
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 15:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Trust me service is way way better than Whitefield honda! I have a honda brio and their service experience is frustrating to say the least.

Spares are not an issue as of now to be honest - most common spares are available immediately or in the worst case within a week. Its a good car that never gave any trouble to me so far.

It has never required much of spares either - in my 7 year old car with 75k+ on the odo, the only things replaced so far are one left front headlamp, one rear tail lamp, wipers, brake pads, cedia monogram at the rear, clutch plate+pressure plate and a mirror on the driver's side. The longest i had to wait was 4 days for the clutch+pressure plate. Rest was available off the shelf.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 7th August 2014 at 15:07.
reignofchaos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 21:34   #96

Thanks for the quick reply @reignofchaos and @mav2000 .

I was planning to switch from a used 9 year old accent to a used Cedia or a Vitara .

Being with Hyundai for the last 4 years has made me used to high maintenance bills but thier service has been excellent and prompt .i always got it the same day . i have never had an issue with parts or rather availability of it .

i have always been a fan of Mitsubishi and have loved thier cars .
the website says that there are only a couple of dealers in Bangalore and both a bit far away from where i stay (whitefield ) .

Note from Support: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th August 2014 at 22:00. Reason: See note.
radiacz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2014, 10:24   #97
BHPian

They do a pick up and drop of the car for service. I remember there being only 1 service center though. And yeah, the car is quite well built. I changed just a few things in my 6 years of use.
Old 9th August 2014, 22:46   #98
BHPian

Y'day I saw my (6 yrs old) Cedia's temperature gauge showing rather high temperature, and found out that the coolant tank was empty and fumes were coming from top of the radiator.
After topping up the coolant, I've dropped the car at Mitsubishi service center.

They said that they'll try to repair the radiator, or else it'll need to be replaced.
The cost of a new radiator is roughly around Rs. 40K !!
That sounds rather steep.

Are there any other options? Also can I claim insurance for this?
Old 8th May 2016, 22:41   #99
BHPian

Folks - today i bought a used Cedia petrol car. Its an 2006 model and has done 69k with two past owners.

Car looks great and appears to be in a great condition. However, the clutch seems to be at the harder side when compared to my Fabia. And also the gears doesn't change easily and i have to apply some pressure. I assume, this is expected for a 10yr old car and has done almost 70k.

The current owner told me that, the car is recently serviced and i don;t need to spend a single rupee. I dint get detailed service history and went with whatever Owner has told me.

Exterior and Interior is looking great with an exception of little loss of paint on the coin-holder area and gear-knob leather gone bad.

Could you please guide me in addressing the hard-clutch and gear shift issues(if they are)? Also where can i get the gear-knob leather replaced in Bangalore??

Last edited by cdmanju : 8th May 2016 at 22:42. Reason: spell-check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks