Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 12:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

randomgyan,

Congrats on what is easily the most mature and objective ownership report on SX4s on this forum.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:30   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgyan View Post
10. Factory fitted speakers are below average. Although, for some reason they sound much better when i plug my iPod into it than when I listen to the song of an MP3 CD (they are both the same song files)
This happens because when you plugin the iPod, it's the superior DSP chip of the iPod that is processing the MP3, and the car's stereo system is passing the system out straight to the speakers as aux-in signal.
Old 3rd February 2008, 16:06   #18
BANNED

I doubt whether synthetic oils are worth the extra money, since these are not highly stressed engines. The best compromise is a good semi-synth like Castrol Magnatec. The only place where a synth may be worth it is if you do very high mileage. even here you will have to wait to go out of warranty as otherwise you will not be able to stretch the service intervals.

It is true that a full synth will make the engine very long lived. But then how may of us keep our cars for 150,000km +.
Old 6th February 2008, 20:02   #19
BHPian

A Quick Question :

A friend of mine is facing vibration issue of gear stick in third gear between 30-40 kmph. Is it a common issue with SX-4 owners or his is one off issue?
Old 6th February 2008, 23:21   #20
BANNED

Isn't this amazing feeing .
Quote:
Plus in city driving, I have noticed that the motor cycle guys are MUCH more careful when navigating around the City than the SX4. It could just be my perception though
Old 7th February 2008, 11:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
A Quick Question :

A friend of mine is facing vibration issue of gear stick in third gear between 30-40 kmph. Is it a common issue with SX-4 owners or his is one off issue?
I also faced this issue till car was pretty new, but now I can not notice it after 5K km service.
Old 7th February 2008, 19:58   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride!

Quote:
7. No major issues except a funny noise from the fan belt on rare occassions. This is something that the service guy hasnt been able to fix yet.
This just requires tightening the Fan belt. The service center guys should be able to do it in 5 min. I noticed that it typically happens when u have a cold start and if the AC is also running. (Experts please correct if I am wrong)

rajesh
Old 7th February 2008, 20:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
DDiS? isnt that diesel? This car is petrol sir 1.6 litre M series engine. They have introduced for the first time.

Or am i missing something here....
Hes talking about his Swift DDIS.
Right Geeksrik?
Old 7th February 2008, 20:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good honest review.

I like the features, ground clearance and driving position of SX4.
Old 16th February 2008, 16:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenigsegg View Post
This happens because when you plugin the iPod, it's the superior DSP chip of the iPod that is processing the MP3, and the car's stereo system is passing the system out straight to the speakers as aux-in signal.
yeah i thought so too but that means the standard CD player is pretty crappy. Sad really. The alpine system in the Honda sounds way better.
Maybe I'll upgrade my audio system (whenever I can find some spare cash )
Old 18th February 2008, 10:55   #26

Some comments

Hi

My first post here.

Anyways.

For the Noise Reduction : Are you on JK Tyres. These tyres make a lot of noise. These tyres are of substandard quality. I have moved mine to Michellin, a little expensive but the outside noise is gone completly

For Reversing : Parking sensor are a must. I am actually quite handicapped without these. Fitted the ones with sensor reading on the mirror. Got them for 2K.

For Music : The sound system is pretty crappy anyways. It does go very loud but sounds like a tin pot as the bass is all crap. I use my IPOd but thru a Radio transmitor from Berklin. Sounds much better but i think i need to change the speakers with component ones.

Sitting : the 5th person sitting behing (in the center ) has to be really thin

Fan Belt noise : Someone commented on the noise. Drop some water if the noise goes - change the belt its one its way out. Tighting will solve it. The noise is because the belt rubber has gone hard or has some fine cracks.

Drive Safely.
Anik
Old 19th February 2008, 20:27   #27

On Mileage.....

Quote:
Background:

3. Fuel efficiency is pretty good I get 10.5 regularly in the city and on the highway I got over 13 ( I like to really race it so this is pretty good IMHO)
randomgyan, Please mention the mileage that you get from your NHC. That would give a good perspective on how "uneconomical" SX4 runs vis-a-vis the NHC. You own both and driving style would not change much (I hope).

Essentially I am on lookout for a car and these come within my budget, when I stretch it...

Thanks
rysk
Old 26th February 2008, 13:54   #28

Manufacturing Defect

Apparently there is a mfg defect on the mounting. I was getting these rattling noise when you accelerate (especially from a standstill in 1st / or over a slope).

Shown it to the Service Center, the defect is in the mounting bushes of the engine near the gear box. Its made of soft rubber. Couple of cars have come in with this defect.

Unclear what Maruti is doing about this.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysk View Post
randomgyan, Please mention the mileage that you get from your NHC. That would give a good perspective on how "uneconomical" SX4 runs vis-a-vis the NHC. You own both and driving style would not change much (I hope).

Essentially I am on lookout for a car and these come within my budget, when I stretch it...

Thanks
rysk
The NHC is actually pretty good economy wise. I can hit 12-13 in City with A/C.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
randomgyan,

Congrats on what is easily the most mature and objective ownership report on SX4s on this forum.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks