Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 19:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay! Good that you are enjoying Innova.

My Innova has completed 30,000km in 28 months! GT3 tyres will last another 5,000km although uneven surface I can see in couple of tyres.

It still feels like its new vehicle.

Ravi.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:10   #152
Team-BHP Support

UPDATE -

the innova has done 42xxx kms without any major problems. only a few niggles here and there that any normal car has. its had petes for about 22k now and its been running without a problem. petes has really made these 22k kms enjoyable. i only wish the car had a longer 5th gear or a 6th gear just for cruising. it rushes upto 4k rpm in 5th which is about 160kmph.

time for a tyre change and hopefully next week will be gettin 225/60 r15 MXV8s. will take some good pics of the car after that.

also during these 42k kms some rattles had popped up here and there but mainly from the doors. the doors are pretty large and with the frequent opening and closing (banging) rattles are bound to appear. i decided to get damping done. pmed B&T and asked for his number. fixed up for today and went and got it done.

the damping is noisekill which retails at 150 per sq ft. 30 sq ft were used in damping all the 4 doors. sorry didnt take any pictures.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE the damping makes. there are no rattles now. zero...zilch. earlier when i listened to music at higher volumes i used to think the speakers are distorting because of the rattling. now the mediocre system i have sounds a lot better. B&T also tweaked some settings on it and that made it sound even better (thanks b&t).

now even while the car goes over bumps there are no noises from the doors.

id reccomend damping for all innova owners.

thanks b&t.

oh yeah also saw vikram18s civic over there. from whatever little i could make out it sounded good. and saw bhagwaans swift over there. looks hot.
Old 9th October 2008, 17:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
WHAT A DIFFERENCE the damping makes. there are no rattles now. zero...zilch. earlier when i listened to music at higher volumes i used to think the speakers are distorting because of the rattling. now the mediocre system i have sounds a lot better. B&T also tweaked some settings on it and that made it sound even better (thanks b&t).
thanks b&t.
You are most welcome akshay. Damping makes a difference in all cars that are running good speakers in the doors.

Your Innova is cool. Happy..er, driving! cheers:
Old 9th October 2008, 19:39   #154
BHPian

Awesome... thats definately one of the best diesel innovas i've seen till date.
really a nice car there.
drive safe
cheers
Old 10th October 2008, 09:25   #155

Great to hear your experience after sound proofing on doors. Could you give me more details on the name of the product( iguess it's soundkill) and where to get it done in places like Chennai? Do we need to approach Sound / Audio guys for this. Do we need to look for some specifics?
Old 10th October 2008, 16:20   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovabuff View Post
Great to hear your experience after sound proofing on doors. Could you give me more details on the name of the product( iguess it's soundkill) and where to get it done in places like Chennai? Do we need to approach Sound / Audio guys for this. Do we need to look for some specifics?
yup it is soundkill. for the other questions i think bass&trouble would be the best person to answer it. he replied 2 posts before yours. PM him.
Old 10th October 2008, 21:46   #157
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking about damping because I too noticed few rattles here and there from doors especially during half glass position.

Another 4000km to go for me to change tyres.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:28   #158

Is K&N better or Green cotton better for Innova

Folks i'd be grateful if u can educate me on which air filter is better for Innova with Pete's tuning kit. Is there a part # for Green filter for Innova. I want a web comparison of K&N Vs Green? Can anyone help?
Old 31st October 2008, 09:45   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovabuff View Post
Folks i'd be grateful if u can educate me on which air filter is better for Innova with Pete's tuning kit. Is there a part # for Green filter for Innova. I want a web comparison of K&N Vs Green? Can anyone help?
i dont know of any web comparison but i would suggest green because the after sales service of petes is so much better. dont think there would be much of a difference. are you looking at a cai or a stock replacement?
Old 6th November 2008, 14:36   #160

can anyone please let me know which would be the best place for getting damping done here in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Kkrn
Old 12th November 2008, 10:59   #161
Team-BHP Support

TYRE UPGRADE -

finally. the michelins were too expensive to i decided to get 225/60 r15 yokohama c-drives. havent been able to drive or ride in the car since its gone for its 45000 service. will update once i get the car back and post pics too.
Old 12th November 2008, 11:41   #162
BHPian

@akshay1234: I am planning (unfortunately the planning has become far too long) to upgrade my car from Fiat Petra 1.6 to Innova / Scorpio / Safari.

Considering space, quality, a.s.s. and ease of driving Innova is definitely on the top of list but when I compare it with Scorpio and Safari the only concern is relatively lower GC of Innova. I have heard people saying that after having 5-6 people onboard, it tends to touch the speed-breakers.

I am looking ahead to buy a car which go anywhere (not talking about serious off-roading but Manali-Leh is on my mind) abilities.

Have you ever taken your car to (bad) roads like Manali-Leh? Please share your experience about the GC of Innova.

Cheers!!!
Old 12th November 2008, 22:19   #163
Team-BHP Support

manali leh is pretty serious off roading. well im sure the innova can make it there but how easily, i dont know.

it hasnt scraped a speed breaker in the almost 2 years that i have had it. the gc seems fine. even with a full load it dosent scrape unless maybe the speed breaker is huge.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:30   #164
BHPian

Thanks Akshay!

Innova, though my favorite, goes out of the list.

Cheers!!!
Old 13th November 2008, 12:19   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Thanks Akshay!

Innova, though my favorite, goes out of the list.

Cheers!!!
i dont think you should be choosing a car just for a trip that your planning on making. you could always rent a safari or something and do. it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks