Team-BHP - Honda FireBlade 2 years +
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Honda FireBlade 2 years + (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/34645-honda-fireblade-2-years-3.html)

Hope Your Friend Gets Well Soon.

Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

Which road in bangalore did this happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by varun_patra (Post 738094)
Awesome review , Awesome bike . Sorry to hear about your friend , hope he recovers fast .

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenopower (Post 738140)
That was a very good short review there mate.You sure have a way with words.Sorry to hear about your friend,hope he's up and running soon.
Try and put up some more pics of your steed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 738159)
Oh my god,i was enjoying your review and was searching for words of praise when suddenly the ill fated accident creaped in.I am shaken buddie and totally out of words.Let the almighty help him to recover soon and let him give all the strength to his family to recoupe themselves.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xehaust (Post 738160)
Hope Your Friend Gets Well Soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 738272)
Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

Which road in bangalore did this happen?

Kannakapura/Hassan road

Thanks Guys fr the wishes. I really wish there were something I cld do for him...some way to bring solace to his family. I've never felt so helpless in all my life when I had his distraught wife BEG me over the phone to look after him and make sure he was ok (while we were driving him to hospital).

My gang too are shaken. We have had incidents on our rides but they pale in comparison to this one, and every rider managed to walk away from those tosses unscathed. Guess P was unlucky. Look at the irony: if he or the SUV driver had been even a fraction of a second off (or on) pace, they'd have slipped silently past one another without an inkling there cld have been a gory meeting. Fate is Bloody Cruel.

We now only sit back and hope...and pray like never before, also for a family that didn't deserve this and but naturally struggle to come to terms with it. If we struggle with this horrid reality, imagine what his mom and wife and father must feel.

Thanks again for your comfort.

Sorry to hear about this netchef. What is the verdict of the doctors?

As a biker myself, I cannot criticize riding superbikes but the danger is always lurking when you are on 2 wheels. Helmet is no guarantee at these high speeds
Quote:

Originally Posted by netchef (Post 740670)
My gang too are shaken. We have had incidents on our rides but they pale in comparison to this one, and every rider managed to walk away from those tosses unscathed. Guess P was unlucky. Look at the irony: if he or the SUV driver had been even a fraction of a second off (or on) pace, they'd have slipped silently past one another without an inkling there cld have been a gory meeting. Fate is Bloody Cruel.

I would recommend you guys start doing regular trackdays at Chennai MMST rather than riding on the highways. Hook up with Poncho/Killer. Its much much safer on the track and you have have a lot more fun too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 741440)
Sorry to hear about this netchef. What is the verdict of the doctors?
Still comatose last I heard, and also has an infection in his lungs...but clinging on tenaciously.

As a biker myself, I cannot criticize riding superbikes but the danger is always lurking when you are on 2 wheels. Helmet is no guarantee at these high speeds
True. the body is just not designed for impacts above a certain speed- nothing can protect you. In my opinion, his helmet might have been too good if you know what I mean: it was intact with just a deep graze or scoring on one side. I believe it aught to have shattered, and had it done so it would have absorbed much of the force of the impact.

I would recommend you guys start doing regular trackdays at Chennai MMST rather than riding on the highways. Hook up with Poncho/Killer. Its much much safer on the track and you have have a lot more fun too.

I ain't in that league, Sir. Couple of guys I ride with do do track days with Poncho...and they are truly inspiring riders that are a pleasure to watch (Bala, Vikram, Prithvi, Sanjay, Vijay...). But I do get your drift that especially when it comes to amateur riders, there may be more safety in the uni-directional traffic of a track devoid of extraneous obstacles and variables that a highway would throw at you.
These guys have the skills and reflexes to manage speed as well as the variables.

So this is where my 'Fireblade' story went.
The news is my pet Jap (Honda-san) was sold around 2 months back. It broke my hear to see her go, but I took comfort in the fact that the new owner takes good care of her and appreciates her many charms as much as he's guarded around her thorns.

I was at first apprehensive of letting her go to him as he his a family man (ye bikers out there with families, no flames, please), and the risks to life and limb were especially fresh in memory. However, once I learned he had owned a modern Jap in-line 4- albeit a 400- it seemed likely he'd be able to manage her safely. (I don't mean to sound pedantic or patronising here as I myself moved astride a fast 900 from the last two-wheeler which was a scooter!!).

Now, I'm sad and desperate for a new set of wheels. Of course, the finances don't permit such an extravagance at the moment, but we do live in hope.

Ride safe- P, and you guys. I miss the Mysore road blasts AND the gang very much.