Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 22:04   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
My Indica DLG also completed 15K last week. Service interval for the free service is mentioned as 10K. Should I wait for 20K to get it serviced?
Also I have observed below mentioned problems in vehicle.
1) Rattles in front windows
2) I see some oil leak, not sure if this is engine oil leak and it is very less.
3) Feels like the front wheels do not have any shock absorbers at all.
4) If the vehicle is run for more than 200 KMS on the day it will become sluggish, at this time it is pain to drive in city traffic.
Other than this i am satisfied with the vehicle. Fuel efficiency is 17/18 without A/C mix of city & highway.
1) rattling noise can be set right in few mins. You should visit the free Quick service bay in your showroom service station asap. Why do you want to wait till the 20kservice.
2) Oil leak can be from the gearbox or the shock zone, since you have already mentioned that you have shock absorbers prob, I would suggest get this throughly checked and cleaned. And then after 2 days again check the engine bay if you find any oil leaks.
3) This point covered in 2nd itself.
4) I think this is more to do with the engine oil, or the coolant stuff. Get this checked too.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

the rear parcel tray WILL rattle. its light and not held in place very securely. No matter how well the TASS try. Proof came when i was telling my service advisor about some unrelated rattles in the rear, and he was like "sir the plastic tray will....Oh, its a wooden tray. then it shouldn't rattle"

@ srinivas, no idea about rattling front windows - mine dont. the rears do when half open, but when wound up a certain way, the rattle stop
the front, it may be the power steering fluid. thats what happened to me. but the funny thing is , i never noticed - never saw any stains in the garage at home or my slot at work.

I've felt it become sluggish at mid day in the hot sun ( suppose because hotter and less air is taken in, and the turbo/intercooler arent as effective, and the AC running at full blast doesn't help things either ), but in the evening/night, once the air cools down, performance is back to normal

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th October 2008 at 22:11.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:39   #63
BHPian

It happens in my NA DLS too, but don't you think its unusual for the performance to be affected even at temperatures in the range of 30-40 degrees ?
Infact i was even planning to get the radiator flushed to make sure the engine stays as cool as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I've felt it become sluggish at mid day in the hot sun ( suppose because hotter and less air is taken in, and the turbo/intercooler arent as effective, and the AC running at full blast doesn't help things either ), but in the evening/night, once the air cools down, performance is back to normal
Old 16th October 2008, 20:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

of all the people to RAM, I had to ram into the the car of a delivery manager at work

at the underground parking lot, he was coming from a blind corner, and I hit my front right corner. his body panel over the left wheel is damaged.

mine R headlight, front bumper horn not working. Lord knows what else is now working. Will have to find out tomorrow.

Why god Why
Old 17th October 2008, 00:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
of all the people to RAM, I had to ram into the the car of a delivery manager at work

at the underground parking lot, he was coming from a blind corner, and I hit my front right corner. his body panel over the left wheel is damaged.

mine R headlight, front bumper horn not working. Lord knows what else is now working. Will have to find out tomorrow.

Why god Why
emm, potte mone

Who was on the wrong side? Isnt it one way kind of in there?
Old 17th October 2008, 00:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Name:  3806.png
Views: 2417
Size:  2.9 KB

a rough idea of what happened. the stick figures for the cars are kinda small. the paths are about as wide as 2 cars.

they ought to install those convex mirrors in the corners !
Old 29th October 2008, 21:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

took delivery of the car on thursday. they had said it would take till friday, but said it was almost done on wednesday evening and would be ready by friday morning. In the morning i see the car minus the plastic surrounding the new foglamp. that is fixed, and everything seems to be working reasonably. I leave and reach work. Turns out one wheelcap is missing. And at night i see the newly replaced light is firing way downwards compared to the older one. ( Initially the beams were like - - , now they are like - _ ) when kulathunkal calls me up, we tell the issues, and they ask us to bring it on saturday where they offer to fix it.

so on saturday, at 10:45 we show up. we wait till 11:30 when a guy shows up. he gets into the car, starts it up and guns the throttle immediately. I politely ask him to take care of the revs since this is a turbo, and the engine should not be revved hard immediately after stopping. He grins irreverently and rips the car to the workshop. I am not pleased. I will tolerate a mistake , but despite me asking him kindly him ripping the car immediately after starting it was not a good thing to do, at all.

at 12:55, 5 minutes before the lunch break, he comes back with the car, and the wheelcap has not been replaced, and he claims the headlights have been fixed. I check them out , and they're just the same. when i pointed it out, he said all cars are like that , the RHS headlamp is aimed lower not to blind the driver on the other side. A plausible explaination, but I dont buy it.He says all indicas have it the same way. Chance had it that another indica was being taken for service. just asked the guy in that indica to turn on his headlights, and behold, both of them line up.

the guy claims that that indica also needs the headlights realigned as well. We ask him to prove his point. finally, he gives up and takes us along with the car to the workshop space, where a mechanic pronounces the old headlamp of throwing the beam too high. the guy removes the headlamp and then says the headlamp leveller motor needs some adjustment and needs some work and disappears somewhere. The lunch bell rings and all the mechs disappear. the guy says we'll have to wait till after the lunch break. We say hell no and want to leave, but the headlight is still loose. The guy stares like an idiot and tries to ask some of the remaining mechs to help out. none of them oblige. finally he gets a spanner from somewhere and tightens it back on himself.

Three hours of my time wasted, no resolution. missing wheelcap, misaligned headlights, drips in the paint along the edge of the hood. the only saving grace is that thanks to insurance, i had to pay only 5.3k out of the 19k amount.

gave a honest feedback during the pune call.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:20   #68
BHPian

Indica DLG Turbo

ODO metering reading 19.5K Kms and it is time for 3rd service. Have booked a slot this Saturday at Manipal Motors, Hebbal.
Below mentioned are the problems I have with my vehicle.
1) Coolant leaking. Had this checked with Classic Motors Peenya and he had ratified it but the problem started again after a week? He had mentioned that it was problem with loose hose.
2) Hand brake indictor is not showing up in console when hand brake is in us.
3) Sluggish after driving around 200 KMS continuously. Any suggestions on the ENGINE OIL need to be used. During last service they are added some additives and had charged 1500/- for the same even though I had asked for it.
Please can share if any other checks need to be requested for 20 K servicing.
I will update the *** part next week some time………………
Old 6th November 2008, 10:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

use Delvac MX or castrol GTX diesel. if yours is a turbo, you'll need 5.5 litres ( shop owners will say the indica needs only 4.5 or 5 - thats for the NA diesels)

PS: why manipal? I've heard concorde is the best

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...rs-hebbal.html (My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal))

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th November 2008 at 11:00.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:21   #70
BHPian

It is near my house and had taken the vehicle from Manipal Motors only. I have got my vehicle serviced two times now from their and service looks ok to me. Did not find much problem, at least 90% of the issues mentioned were taken care of.

I usually go at 8 AM to the service station and get the job card done as soon as some technician arrives. They patiently listen at this time. The response will be different if we go when it is crowded after 10 AM, it just sucks to get some attention.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:22   #71
BHPian

It is near my house and had taken the vehicle from Manipal Motors only. I have got my vehicle serviced two times now from their and service looks ok to me. Did not find much problem, at least 90% of the issues mentioned were taken care of.
I usually go at 8 AM to the service station and get the job card done as soon as some technician arrives. They patiently listen at this time. The response will be different if we go when it is crowded after 10 AM, it just sucks to get some attention.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:49   #72
BHPian

I heard that Manipal Motors is closing down.

@ srinivasmhn, I would suggest you to try Emm Emm Motors at Horamavu Junction. I get my car serviced from them for the past 1.5 years. They are pretty good.
Old 25th November 2008, 21:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 15 years & 114k km up-img.jpg
updated the bill from the accident repair, has the prices for some of the often replaced stuff on indicas

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th November 2008 at 21:14.
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

okay, its ripe for the 20k service.
Problems ?
missing front left wheel cover , which they promised to replace and still havent
lock on rear right door , also which they conveniently forget to fix every time
HVAC temperature control knob, which stops working a few months after a service
a peculiar rattling from the engine bay, happens only at certain RPM's
get my headlamps aligned right - they screwed it up after the accident repair , and I've been driving cross eyed for quite a while

Plan?
Need to confirm if they allow me to bring my own engine oil, if yes, get some delvac MX
+ engine flush, while changing the oil

I just hope they dont create any more problems , forget fixing the existing ones. I truly dread going to the TASC
Old 2nd March 2009, 01:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I just hope they dont create any more problems , forget fixing the existing ones. I truly dread going to the TASC
i felt the same way some time back when i had an indigo. would have to visit them every fortnight for something. first the car and then those good for nothing workmen at TASC. it was a real nightmare for me! * infinity

Most Viewed