Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 07:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

12~13, , partially because I rip it every day, And I have extended sessions of listening to music with the engine on
Old 9th March 2009, 12:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

As always , they always manage to screw something up, and this time It's my air filter . Details here. apparently they damaged it , and put it back thinking no one would notice. Either way, I replaced it myself
Details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1203894

In other news , the HVAC knob stopped working, but I give up. The AC cools , and I dont want them to screw up the AC just to fix the knob. A small compromise to avoid potentially greater problems
Old 18th April 2009, 14:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

ran into a few user made issues with the cabin light fuse. All fixed now with a big thanks to the TASC!

details over at this thread !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1266256
Old 18th April 2009, 18:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

seems there is some sort of tata survey/feedback being done.Today I was called by some female from the customer care of the two TASC's I go to. She told me that I may be contacted on the phone or in person from Tata for feedback, and they begged me to give positive feedback.I promised I'd give them a honest evalution. She was shocked and asked me to give a good feedback instead. Well, I told her that I never implied that I guess they seem to be aware they have problems. Just hope they know what they are.

Well?

Lets see

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th April 2009 at 18:05.
Old 20th May 2009, 19:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have GOT to put this youtube video on this thread. This is positively one of the biggest reasons I own this car, and how it all started

Remember seeing this ad when I was in high school, and the car , the ad and the music just blew me away. I'd forgotten about this commercial, but probably there was the 10th standard kid in me poking me to buy the indica when i made the decision between the swift and the Indica. Seeing this ad just bought a rush of memories back to me. Its like seeing a bunch of long lost childhood pics

10 years of wanting, and a happy ending

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th May 2009 at 19:29.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 09:59   #96
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! Had almost forgot about this great ad. Nice and Nostalgic
Old 18th June 2009, 07:47   #97
Senior - BHPian

apparently the insurance had lapsed on 13th. Had no clue about it, but got a call from My dealer/Tasc saying that my insurance had expired. At that point , i was totally clueless, and was stuck in a meeting. the lady gave me a mobile number to contact.
called the number and got a dude who showed up at my office and checked the car and mileage, and took 8k from me. A while later it dawned on me that i had no idea if the lady who had called me and this dude really were from tata. Called up the dealer, and they confirmed that the number the calls came from was really theirs. Well thats a sign of relief. I called up the dude and told him that I wanted to continue with my new india insurance plan. He said ok, but that he could not get the insurance done on that day itself, and would be effective only the next day. The next day got a call saying that the insurance was ready (from the dealer). dude later calls up and says the same thing. He offers to drop off the insurance ( dad was planning to pick it up otherwise). I really didnt expect him to, but he showed up at my office the very next day. The bill came to 7945, I let him keep the change - It would have cost me more in time and fuel to actually take the car to the Dealership to show them and pick up the insurance.

Its not often that They do it right without us telling them, but this was one of those rare instances. Not quite sure if the credit should go to the dealer or the insurance folks, but I was quite surprised and happy
Old 20th June 2009, 20:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Dammit

While returning after dropping dad off at his office, some idiot decided to jump in front of the alto in front of me. He pulled a sudden stop, I stopped a bit slower, but some guy in a brand new pulsar + wife couldnt pull a stop in time. It had rained and the roads were slippery. I saw the guy in the distance as i stopped, and had pulled the stop knowing that he might hit me - he was coming too fast, and didnt look too confident. His wife almost fell off. I parked the car, and got out, and the people gathered round.

I dont know whats with my adrenalin glands, but there is more flight than fight in the "fight or flight" hormone they make. I defaulted to defensive mode, checked if the dude and the wife were okay. Dude had lost some skin off his fingers. His wife jumped off somewhere in between, and he lost control. Dude was pissed at his wife, and people were pissed of at him. It didnt strike me at that time that the guy who hits from behind is in the wrong by default , and this was at a bus stop.

I had a broken taillamp, and a small gash in the rear door due to the bike's crash guard. I still dont know why I let the guy go . The crowd was in my favour, and dad said I should have asked them for compensation , and thinks I hit the guy because I didnt ask for the $$$. In retrospect, i was worried about them, and the guy was very polite and said sorry, that he couldnt pull a stop enough because he was taking his wife to the hospital, and he was in a hurry. He made a quick exit too. Dad says that was probably an act to escape liablity.

I really wish I could use another smiley to fully express my frustration!!!

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th June 2009 at 20:51.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, how bad is the gash ?
Old 20th June 2009, 22:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

not too serious, noticeable when you are near the car. will post pics tomorrow
Old 21st June 2009, 09:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

That ad song was and is one of my favourites. Tata did know how to strike a chord there.

Happy to know that there was no serious damage.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:17   #102
Senior - BHPian

I am angry

was on my way home from work, fell into a pothole. It felt very hard. Thought the shocks were dying. another thud. even worse. Got out and saw that the rear left tyre was dead.
Fine - time to change the tyre. but then remembered that the wheel spanner was missing. The idiots at the TASC had taken it during one of the services, and never given it back, despite repeated requests.

I am currently in between surgeries, and have been told not to exert myself, to reduce the chances of blod loss due to a temporary stent. Even if i had the spanner, I couldnt have changed it myself. I would be more than willing to pay for this

It was past 9:30. scouted around, no tyre shops open.

Called the tata helpline number posted on my windshield.

No response.

Called the two landline numbers also listed.

No response.

Half an hour later, I had called the TASC helpline numbers at least a dozen times each, the customer support number at EKM (364953) - number does not exist. the 1 800 number ( 1800225552) - please check the number. I call every possible number they have given me, and no effing reply

I was at wits end when jkdas offered to help. I called my dad anyway.
Dad arrived, and we were unable to pry the bolts loose with a spanner. Finally I spot a cabbie parking a little distance away. I run over and beg him for his wheel spanner. By them I'm burned out. Thankfully, he gives it , and dad is able to get the wheels out, after a lot of effort. jkdas arrived in the meantime, offerered to help.

And the cabbie joined in as well. We finally got the wheels swapped and on my way.

My confidence in tata service, and their dealer here is greatly diminished after this. I'm planning to mail this to their customer support. lets see what happens.

There is a sticker stuck on my windshield by tata service, which they keep sticking despite me peeling it away every time. It says "We Care"

Somehow I get the feeling that its for just my money, and not me.....

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd June 2009 at 23:21.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

1) Fine - time to change the tyre. but then remembered that the wheel spanner was missing. The idiots at the TASC had taken it during one of the services, and never given it back, despite repeated requests.

2) Called the tata helpline number posted on my windshield.
Half an hour later, I had called the TASC helpline numbers at least a dozen times each, - please check the number. I call every possible number they have given me, and no effing reply

My confidence in tata service, and their dealer here is greatly diminished after this. I'm planning to mail this to their customer support. lets see what happens.

There is a sticker stuck on my windshield by tata service, which they keep sticking despite me peeling it away every time. It says "We Care"

Somehow I get the feeling that its for just my money, and not me.....
@ greenhorn : Wish you are in good health again.

1) Before going to service, always take out jack and tool kit. Make a mark on Spare wheel ( tyre and rim ). They have tendency to change them, sometimes, they literally steal tool kits.
This is a long exercise to follow before giving the car for service, but necessary considering how pathetic service centers are becoming.

2) Do mail but will it make any difference. Did Skoda ( and that matter is also too big ) change ? Honda is also not going good. Rather when you are OK, go the dealer and show him what they stand for.

What I suggest is that there are some kits available with electric jack and some sort of electric drill machine sort of things to loosen the nuts and vice versa. I strongly recommend this.

Your post is also the reason that tomorrow I will ask my friend's dad not to care about TD of Vista. He had two spinal cord surgeries and one for his feet. and wants some sort of contract with dealer for service. He is ready to pay more but now I doubt quality. He liked the comfort and my friend also liked the car, but then just as I thought they are improving, its the other way round. And in my city, monopolistic attitude is luxury dealers can afford.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

oh!stealing toolkit ?
--
@greenhorn:bhai ,why don't you go to a better Local Service Centre(Indica service) with a relaxed way of working rather than sticking to this T.A.S.C ?after buying indica ,say after 2 years or so,why not choose local service?(atleast in kerala) .Most Spares are available from spare parts shops.Working on Indica doesn't need a BMW Service Fellow or facility.

that was a friendly advice.
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

aaggoswami, if your local TASC is good - check with bhpians and other people in your area. My situation is not too different from an average fiat owner. I love the car, but hate the service. I think the indica vista is every bit a better car, and deserves a fair chance, but make sure that there ia a good service center.

deepclutch, I still have one more year of extended warranty to go. I've learnt to cope with TASC's now. before they are sent in for service, anything that can be removed is removed - wheelcaps , ICE, toolkit, jack, even the plastic caps on screws , and the rims , wheels , and even my air filter is marked uniquely, but still they manage to screw something up eventually.

But yes, We bought an indica in the first place exactly because it can be serviced anywhere, and parts were cheap and plenty, and eventually, I think this is what I'll have to do. My experiences with the service center have been improving gradually, but experiences like these leave a sour taste in your mouth longer

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd June 2009 at 00:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks