Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 18:21   #151
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, two brand new Italian air horn trumpets, coming to an autowallah's rear end near you. I have to take apart the current one and see if it can be fixed.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:26   #152
Senior - BHPian

well , all the honking and flashing in the world won't get some douchebags to move. If they had, this accident would not have happened.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:53   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

Good to know that both of you escaped unhurt.

Easier to repair the car than..!

I am sure your car will come back looking just like new.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:54   #154
BHPian

Relax, this accedent has no fault of yours. You could drive the car from the spot up to the police station, so i think there is only minor damage to the chassis if at all.
And afterall you and your dad are more than safe, thank god.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:59   #155
Senior - BHPian

@greenhorn: Are you really going to give this car to TASC ? It is Patchworks more;no Engine Work ,right?
Get Hold of a Better Independent Tata Service in trivendrum.Budget friendly
Old 10th August 2009, 19:01   #156
Senior - BHPian

Umm, he'll need new panels yo.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:19   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi greenhorn,

Good to know that both of you escaped unhurt.

Easier to repair the car than..!

I am sure your car will come back looking just like new.
thanks trrk, but dad and I are worried about if the panels will align like they would when they were new - if the doors etc would shut properly. I've heard of such a thing called a chassis straightening machine. I wonder if my TASC(kulathunkal) has it , and more importantly, do I need it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Relax, this accedent has no fault of yours. You could drive the car from the spot up to the police station, so i think there is only minor damage to the chassis if at all.
And afterall you and your dad are more than safe, thank god.
thank god there are no mechanical issues. !
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@greenhorn: Are you really going to give this car to TASC ? It is Patchworks more;no Engine Work ,right?
Get Hold of a Better Independent Tata Service in trivendrum.Budget friendly
deepclutch- I've been looking. post any info http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-cars-tvm.html if you know any.

To be honest, they've taken the car to their kuravankonam facility, and the SA that they've assigned to look at the car, I'm not a big fan of his - more of my experiences with him here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1033402

Saying that he is careless and irresponsible would be an understatement ( and this is among tata service advisors, where most of them are like this anyway).

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th August 2009 at 19:27.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:33   #158
BHPian

Glad to hear that you and your dad were OK. Not many are as lucky as you, when encountering a bus.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:58   #159
BHPian

:)

Good to know you two walked out safe! How did it happen Green? The bus was tryin to overtake you while you were tryin to overtake the alto? Or did you serve into the path of the overtaking bus? I guess you guys must have been doing about 50 - 60? If you ever wondered why they have neck restraints, this is why! Dont worry bout the car, its nothing they cant fix, Its not totalled! I think you would end up with a bill of around 15k- 20k. Still feel the car took it quite well lookin at the 'dent' on that Bus!
Old 10th August 2009, 21:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
To be honest, they've taken the car to their kuravankonam facility, and the SA that they've assigned to look at the car, I'm not a big fan of his - more of my experiences with him here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1033402

Saying that he is careless and irresponsible would be an understatement ( and this is among tata service advisors, where most of them are like this anyway).
Why didn't you ask them to get another guy to look at your car?
Old 10th August 2009, 21:43   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Glad to hear that you and your dad were OK. Not many are as lucky as you, when encountering a bus.
In retrospect, Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for .
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Good to know you two walked out safe! How did it happen Green? The bus was tryin to overtake you while you were tryin to overtake the alto? Or did you serve into the path of the overtaking bus? I guess you guys must have been doing about 50 - 60? If you ever wondered why they have neck restraints, this is why! Dont worry bout the car, its nothing they cant fix, Its not totalled! I think you would end up with a bill of around 15k- 20k. Still feel the car took it quite well lookin at the 'dent' on that Bus!
we went there again, and noticed that the only tire marks were from my car. none from the bus. dad theory is that the KSRTC driver thought that i would overtake the alto dude and be on my way, and that he too would overtake the alto guy. didnt expect my car to stall/slow down. so when I did, it caught him unaware. I think i must have been less than 30. (was in some high gear coasting down the hill, when i swerved, I slowed down, and had to downshift,and thats when this happened.The bus must have been doing 60 easy .
If i need to get the rear seats replaced, i think I'll get the DLX ones with the rear head restraints as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Why didn't you ask them to get another guy to look at your car?
this dude is the guy in charge of accident repairs, same reason i got him then as well. Dont think I have any other option
Old 11th August 2009, 00:51   #162
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about this and glad that you and dad got through fine. Not to sound like a wet blanket but please do make sure the chassis and car structure are ok. Its not worth taking chances in case of another mishap.
Old 11th August 2009, 07:09   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Not to sound like a wet blanket but please do make sure the chassis and car structure are ok. Its not worth taking chances in case of another mishap.
even I'm worried about that. How do I check it ?
Old 11th August 2009, 08:33   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
In retrospect, Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for .

we went there again, and noticed that the only tire marks were from my car. none from the bus. dad theory is that the KSRTC driver thought that i would overtake the alto dude and be on my way, and that he too would overtake the alto guy. didnt expect my car to stall/slow down. so when I did, it caught him unaware. I think i must have been less than 30. (was in some high gear coasting down the hill, when i swerved, I slowed down, and had to downshift,and thats when this happened.The bus must have been doing 60 easy .
If i need to get the rear seats replaced, i think I'll get the DLX ones with the rear head restraints as well.

this dude is the guy in charge of accident repairs, same reason i got him then as well. Dont think I have any other option
You dont coast down a hill in high gear; you lose engine braking opportunity. You should have planned about overtaking him with a down shift.

I been to Kulathungal for two paint jobs; I would say awesome work and that too for the paint color my Safari has. I have taken my Safari to Color Wheels once and their job was very bad.

Also,there is a new shop at TRV, think Venus; need to check them out. They use Du Pont.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

i had been trying to overtake him from chavadimukku onwards. guy wouldn't yield and kept blocking me, yet was going at around 30ish speeds on the outer lane . dad finally said stop trying to overtake him, then i downshifted and was going behind him switching between 2nd and 3rd to maintain boost and engine braking, and dad was like - Why are you still revving? You still want to overtake him, don't you? Give it up - you cant overtake everyone...

So I said fine, up shifted and was rolling sedately behind him when he pulled this stunt.

I really dont care much about the paint quality. I just want my chassis and body to have at least 90% of the strength it had from the factory once it is back. It has absorbed the impact - not sure if it can stand another one in this shape. Plus the doors/wheels etc should align properly.

I got the faceplate, sub and amp out. one of the 6x9's is ruined. Couldnt get the toolkit out since the metal had caved in over it. i hope i get it back!

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th August 2009 at 09:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks