Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 23:08   #271
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... This is very similar to the experience I had when I shifted my Pulsar out of Bajaj ASC into the hands of good old Jitender (a name the biking community in Delhi knows well). For the first time, the bike felt GOOD.

This proves one thing... the ASC's method of training needs a revamp... ASAP.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:27   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
This proves one thing... the ASC's method of training needs a revamp... ASAP.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but it has been a reverse experience for me. I tried getting our Indica serviced from 2 mechanics, and both left me disappointed. One of them even used non-OEM fuel filter element, causing unwanted misery on the roads. Switched back to the dealer ever since, and am happy with the service done.

A good thing i observe in this place is that the technician comes to the GM-Service, seeking suggestion on fixing/replacing a part. The GM began his career with a leading Tata CV dealership in this place, and is well-versed with diesels. In fact, a few technicians there are from the CV dealership itself, who moved into the passenger car dealership after the ownership changed hands. Our car has been through different modifications in these 9 years, all of them being undertaken in this place, and these guys have never failed to disappoint me so far.

As said, it's to do with patience and care, while diagnosing problems, and a lethargic attitude can only lead to a shoddy job.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:42   #273
Senior - BHPian

@greenhorn:It Worked Doing the Jobs outside TASS?Just Remembered What was My Experience with Indica DLE We Had.There are Good Workshops(Of course ,You have to find one by asking for feedbacks) in Our State Where The Service Done is really Better and VFM.I was told by a Indica Taxi Guy ,that after almost Six Months He Shifted to a Garage Which is Good With Tata(Indica) Cars.
I Doubt with QJD Fiat DIesels ,Hope for Such Works Outside TASS are Now reduced(and Nil for Engine Works).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@greenhorn: Are you really going to give this car to TASC ? It is Patchworks more;no Engine Work ,right?
Get Hold of a Better Independent Tata Service in trivendrum.Budget friendly

Last edited by deepclutch : 5th March 2010 at 00:43.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:49   #274
Senior - BHPian

yeah I know, but all the ones that were recommended were far away. one in peroorkada, one at killipalam, one at enchakkal. This was nearby and just decided to take a gamble! Plus I was worried about losing extended warranty, but when i found out that extended warranty ( at least at my TASC) was a sham, then decided to cut my losses and go elsewhere
Old 9th March 2010, 21:01   #275
Senior - BHPian

Just when I think I'd seen the last of the TASC, my gearbox goes for a toss.
Details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1774020

And dad insists on going to the TASC :|
Old 9th March 2010, 22:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
had a very eventful day today.
Called up the Customer Care manager, asked him about the whole extended warranty thing. he said that's not what usually happens.

Got a call saying my car was ready. Headed off to Kulathunkal, picked up my car.
Someone ( I think is the works manager) asks me if I was the person who called to tata about the extended warranty. They said they would take care of it and get me the cheque on monday. When asked if Extended warranty is done this way, he is non commital, and says that it will be done as soon as possible.

The underbody noise is partially fixed, one of the ball joints was replaced, the other was out of stock. The door still leaks, apparently its a bodywork issue, need to go to their other branch which has the bodyshop.

My headlights leveler has stopped working, and the entire assembly needs to be changed (~3.6k), I can live with it, and so I say no.

The idle rpm has been increased, so less jerkiness. At least something good came of the visit.

Went for a drive to the airport to check out the max speed ( airport road is fairly long and straight and empty). Not much improvement with acceleration, speed maxed out at about 130. Oh well, can't ask for too much.

On the way back, the Check Engine light comes on a Few times in between. Drive straight to Kulathunkal back again, and they take the car back in. I run into the owner of the TASC. He invites me to the office for a 'friendly' chat. Confirms pretty much what the other guy said.

Car is given back saying that The Check engine issue was due to some error which was logged in the ECU (AFAIK, my ECU doesnt log errors) , and the light wasnt on anyway, when i gave it to them. Either way i believe them, and take my car, and just as i reach the gate, i hear a funny clattering sound, and the CEL comein, reverse straight back to the TASC,

For those of you contemplating Buying a tata vehicle, this is what lies in store for you. Tread carefully. VFM is not everything

EDIT: I just Realized. its 7:30 PM and I still havent had lunch
When are we gonna see a post from you stating you are happy with their service or your car?
You have had bad experience with them one after the other and you still go back to them! IMHO, go to another tass, stop being lazy and acting like a grumpy old man. No service centre would make a car worser day by day. They know you would come back if there is an issue which was not fixed. It also wastes their precious time as well as your. Something is wrong, either your car is a wanna be lemon or ...
Old 9th March 2010, 22:39   #277
Senior - BHPian

Just because you got one car that TATA managed to screw together well doesn't mean every car has to be like that.
Old 10th March 2010, 02:01   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just when I think I'd seen the last of the TASC, my gearbox goes for a toss.
Details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1774020

And dad insists on going to the TASC :|
We Had faced exactly the Same issue with Our DLS .
Difficulty in Changing to 1st and 2nd gears.First ,Searched in Used parts Market and Shift Lever has changed for Models between 2003 and 2004(Onwards).

After a Long Hunt ,Bought the Thing with gear Lever to Coupling(Don't ask Me!I have not Much Idea ,except can Identify this part -and this thing connects the gearbox and gear lever mechanism) For some ~2000 Rupees,Shift lever Costs 150 Rupees from Concorde,Ernakulam Which Resolved the problem.Expect approximately 3500 Rupees for Fixing this(Assuming Your Car has got the same Shift lever worn out along with "Coupling" Which is on the end of Gear Lever Set up - worn out.Reverse Gear thingy is Pretty Much not a Big issue In My Opinion.
Good Luck!

Last edited by deepclutch : 10th March 2010 at 02:03.
Old 10th March 2010, 09:01   #279
Senior - BHPian

did you have the same problems with the engine off as well?
I dont have problems slotting the gears when the engine is off
Old 10th March 2010, 09:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

@greenhorn:I think ,the problem was shift lever worn out(it is a <30cm rod with a groove on one end) ,such that ,1st and 2nd gear cannot slot in properly.And that Coupling thing also had the problems ended up in replacement.Yes ,the gears will not secure even if Engine is Off.

I think in that case ,Your car's problem seems different.
Old 15th March 2010, 08:31   #281
Senior - BHPian

got the clutch changed last friday. was out of town, so couldnt update.
clutch/gearbox Feels like butter, but I swear if this car gives me more trouble ( any unscheduled expenses >5K) I'm selling it off
Old 15th May 2010, 01:35   #282
BHPian

Greeny - nice to see no posts from your end. Which can only mean your beloved indi has been a good boy
Old 15th May 2010, 09:44   #283
Senior - BHPian

suspension seems to have gone back to the way it was in a few months, the coolant leak is still not fixed, and the alignment is gone too. The regular stuff. Will be servicing in a week or two
Old 15th May 2010, 10:00   #284
BHPian

Quote:
suspension seems to have gone back to the way it was in a few months, the coolant leak is still not fixed, and the alignment is gone too. The regular stuff. Will be servicing in a week or two
In my Indica the coolant leakage was rectified by replacing the coolant pump.
Old 15th May 2010, 10:10   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
In my Indica the coolant leakage was rectified by replacing the coolant pump.
How much did it cost?

right now I'm just topping up the coolant myself ( costs a few hundred rs for a bottle of coolant concentrate) + water

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks