Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 21:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

daum. Seems the rear bumper is damaged from within, and the rear floor bit has to be removed. seems a total cost of 10k, after insurance, we'll have to shell out 2k . Next time , I'm taking contact details :(
Old 9th February 2008, 09:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
daum. Seems the rear bumper is damaged from within, and the rear floor bit has to be removed. seems a total cost of 10k, after insurance, we'll have to shell out 2k . Next time , I'm taking contact details :(
Are they changing the bumpers? And getting it repainted? Cant it be fixed?

Why dont you get a quote from an outsider; a guy who deals with just booth painting and tinkering? There is one at Injakkal.

The accessory guy, Peter or so? Car World? If so, he is a nice guy.

Why dnt you change your service center to RF or so. Dont got for St.Antony's though.

Edit: thought the Tata guys on way to technopark was RF:(

Last edited by jkdas : 9th February 2008 at 09:46.
Old 9th February 2008, 12:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Are they changing the bumpers? And getting it repainted? Cant it be fixed?

Why dont you get a quote from an outsider; a guy who deals with just booth painting and tinkering? There is one at Injakkal.

The accessory guy, Peter or so? Car World? If so, he is a nice guy.

Why dnt you change your service center to RF or so. Dont got for St.Antony's though.

Edit: thought the Tata guys on way to technopark was RF:(
i think they will be changing it. The bumper looks fine, but flexes when you push it , even slightly. they said that it was damaged on the inside. there is no cosmetic damage , only structural.

the acessory guy thing has been resolved some posts ago. it really wasnt his fault

since the car is under warranty, we took it to kulathunkal at kuravankonam( its also near my house) . They're the ones who made the diagnosis. Are there any other authorized tata guys other than focuz and kulathunkal ?

dad is ok with the work they are proposing , since we'll have to bear only 2k, and the car will, hopefully, be almost as good as new

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th February 2008 at 12:52.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

car came back, good as new, (even better actually. some of the old rattles are gone)

bill came to about 8k, of which we had to pay 2.7k . There was this sewing machine like sound when the engine was started after a while. they said it was a timing belt issue , and claimed it was sorted out. It wasnt there when we got it back from the TASC, but today morning , the sound was back. Anyway, it goes away after a while ...
Old 9th April 2008, 22:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just finished the 2nd free(10K) service. continuing my spate of good luck , the adviser was courteous , and we checked that if the dinitrol had been applied to the underbody which had been replaced after the hit. they said no, and offered to do it for free.Asked for a teflon coating , or car detailing , or whatever it is. The dinitrol apparently took overnite. gave it yesterday at 9, got it at 4 today. the bill came to be 4.5k ( including 2.5k for the detailing) , and my car looks the same . such a ripoff. the service adviser guy was a bit apologetic and said that it doesn't look that good on white , and needs darker colors to be fully effective. about the sewing machine sound , he said it was because the engine oil needs to circulate . made sense to me .

checked about warranty regarding aftermarket fitment of HU's and more specifically 6.5" speakers on the front door pods. he said no issues at all.

Damn rains have started. have to be extra careful- the offroading season has begun

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th April 2008 at 22:22.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just finished the 2nd free(10K) service. continuing my spate of good luck , the adviser was courteous , and we checked that if the dinitrol had been applied to the underbody which had been replaced after the hit. they said no, and offered to do it for free.Asked for a teflon coating , or car detailing , or whatever it is. The dinitrol apparently took overnite. gave it yesterday at 9, got it at 4 today. the bill came to be 4.5k ( including 2.5k for the detailing) , and my car looks the same . such a ripoff. the service adviser guy was a bit apologetic and said that it doesn't look that good on white , and needs darker colors to be fully effective. about the sewing machine sound , he said it was because the engine oil needs to circulate . made sense to me .

checked about warranty regarding aftermarket fitment of HU's and more specifically 6.5" speakers on the front door pods. he said no issues at all.

Damn rains have started. have to be extra careful- the offroading season has begun
What was the 2k for?

2.5k for detailing? Didnt get you.

Offroading?
Old 10th April 2008, 07:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

2 k for parts - the various filters and oil .

the teflon coating thingie ( i know its not teflon) the glossy coat - thats what i wanted. in the end , it didnt look any different . wanted it since the rains have started, and thought it would repel water....

yup, rains + bad roads = involuntary offroading . the 14 inchers do help, but you should be having a lot more fun that I am with the current state of the roads

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th April 2008 at 07:25.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 k for parts - the various filters and oil .

the teflon coating thingie ( i know its not teflon) the glossy coat - thats what i wanted. in the end , it didnt look any different . wanted it since the rains have started, and thought it would repel water....

yup, rains + bad roads = involuntary offroading . the 14 inchers do help, but you should be having a lot more fun that I am with the current state of the roads
The coat is a wax polish that comes in big plastic bottles/can and costs 1500 or so. Its used by most people who does paint job. If done properly, it looks good. But 2k is too much. I got it done for free as part of the deal.

Any other issues with your Indica? Post about mileage, built quality etc too.
Old 10th April 2008, 09:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

well, the mileage, I've found it to vary between 13 and 15. Build quality, well today i noticed the glasses have started rattling. need to check :(
Old 26th May 2008, 14:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

bah, was coming back from a trip to peppara, bad roads , had to make way for a bus , and Front left wheel fell into a deep rut, and the underside scraped the road on that side. Eventually, everyone got out, and drove out of it , but there is a clanking noise under heavy acceleration. Called up Tata helpline , and they said that as far as nothing was leaking , no issues. Have booked a service for day after tomorrow :(
Old 28th May 2008, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

aight, called Tata ASC on monday, they asked us to come today. went there , and one of the mechanics diagnosed it as an underbody scrape straightaway when he drove the car.

in addition,
heater not working
funny vibration just after starting
rattling from rear doors + lock in rear left failing to engage
Dad saying engine sounds rough

they've asked till tomorrow afternoon. will update then

A Question - The service adviser asked if i wanted to add some engine oil additive in the car. he said some number , 107. I have no idea what its supposed to do. should I ?
Old 28th May 2008, 11:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Avoid additives.
As for clank and vibrations, looks like the engine mount has gone bust. Also get the tie rods and ball joint checked. In case of rut falling, this is what hits the road and gets damaged.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also get the tie rods and ball joint checked
yup- thats what he said might need to be changed.

the vibration is like a phone on the dashboard with a vibrator on. dad said it might be due to some belt. its sporadic though ,just for a few seconds after starting, and i couldnt reproduce it then
Old 28th May 2008, 11:52   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yup- thats what he said might need to be changed.

the vibration is like a phone on the dashboard with a vibrator on. dad said it might be due to some belt. its sporadic though ,just for a few seconds after starting, and i couldnt reproduce it then
It could be the crossmember accidentally touching the exhaust. Crossmember is a cheap part and costs around 200rs. Replacement time is less too.
However the tie road and ball joint replacement can cause lots of grief because the power steering system has to be removed from the car sometimes.
Expect high labor charges.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

It could also be busted Exhaust mounting rubbers too Tanveer. Much cheaper & easier to replace in that case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks