Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:31   #106
BHPian

I wonder when TASS will improve. Imagine buying a car and then having to endure the ordeal of going through *** "everytime". I mean one needs some peace of mind atleast after having bought a car coughing up so much of money. Its just not worth the time and effort to be spending on ***. There are better and important things to do in life.

I do not mean to say all the other brands *** is perfect.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Some good news. The rim on which the tyre went flat as well as the tyre is still intact (no bends/cuts etc). Tube is damaged though. spent 400 bucks for an MRF new tube + 30 labour at a local tyrewallah.

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd June 2009 at 18:42.
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

That was an unfortunate accident, Greenhorn. I know Tata is still hopeless when it comes to service but try to rope in someone with confidence in their workshop. Till you are out of warranty, that would be the way to go.

And do let the dealer and Tata know what you think of their helpline (hapless line actually).
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Got the reply from customer support
Apparently the Dealer's Helpline mobile number was changed too. They sent me the new number, But I don't see the point of having a helpline number which may again change without notice, and possibly leave me high and dry next year
Old 24th June 2009, 12:42   #110
BHPian

hi people, got what i just didnt want. Had left the car in one of the parallel parking lanes in Blore and end of the day, I see a long drawn scratch starting from the right fender till the rear door :( Why the hell cant people stand well looked after scratch-free cars:(

There was no one around when I got to the car in the evening and it just felt terrible when i saw the car in daylight in the morning. Anyway, there is no way out - will need to live with such things in a crowded place like Blore.

Anyone knows where I can get these scratches cleaned up? I would not go to any of the big service centres - dont want to get fleeced for no fault of mine!

Thanks!
Old 24th June 2009, 15:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

what colour is your car mate . if its a solid shade, you can try a bit of DIY
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...int-tubes.html
Old 24th June 2009, 16:59   #112
BHPian

Thanks, greenhorn! Its metallic Carnival red - tata indica DLS
will check the com-paint thing and get back if i need any inputs
Old 28th June 2009, 08:59   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Apparently the Dealer's Helpline mobile number was changed too. They sent me the new number, But I don't see the point of having a helpline number which may again change without notice, and possibly leave me high and dry next year
Mailed the same to the customer support , and still no response. I dont think they plan to reply.

So I'm bringing down my rating of tata service from 4 stars (good) to 3 ( acceptable)

Hunted about town for an 18mm wheel spanner. Had to be satisfied with a 19mm one. it damages the nuts a bit, but keeping it for an emergency. Let my try approaching the TASC to buy a wheel spanner ( One which they lost, and dont plan to replace. Customer delight being a lost cause,i hope that they will at least sell one to me.) If not, its another half a star
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

finally, got a 18mm wheel spanner from a shop pointed out by dRaGsTerrr.

glad to avoid another brush with the TASC
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:07   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

Quote:
finally, got a 18mm wheel spanner from a shop pointed out by dRaGsTerrr[/url].
My Dell laptop was not cooperating and hence this got delayed. Did you buy a spanner similar to the OEM? I wanted to suggest a 'star' shaped one with different socket sizes on each of the four arms. Gives more leverage.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:28   #116
Senior - BHPian

I know , You had suggested the same earlier. I asked around for the star type, but couldnt fine one. In the end , settled for this. Something is better than nothing.
The one i got is of taparia make. cost 100/-
Old 19th July 2009, 10:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Mailed the same to the customer support , and still no response. I dont think they plan to reply.

So I'm bringing down my rating of tata service from 4 stars (good) to 3 ( acceptable)
Its the little things that impress you the most. after giving up on this, I was surprised to receive this message.

Quote:
Please Note new toll free no 1800 209 7979 for sales support for TATA cars & Service /Breakdown assistance for TATA and FIAT cars - TATA Motors
I'm not sure if my mail had to do anything with it, but at least I'm happy someone seems to be listening. Bringing my rating up by half a star to 3.5. They'll get the other half of that star if they let me use my own oil at the 25k ( its a non mandatory serivce - tata's recommended service intervals are at 10k) service. I'm wondering since Kulathunkal didnt let JKdas change his - " its in warranty saar, we dont allow cars in warranty to use their own oil...". He had to go to another TASC.

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th July 2009 at 10:06.
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:15   #118
Senior - BHPian

time for my 25k service, booked it. It's tomorrow.
action items

1. slight variations in rpm at idle - Sporadic
2. jerking in second gear
3. broken tail light LHS (should i fix it ?)
4. dead bulb in stop lamp LHS
5. fix front power window beadings - its getting stuck occasionally
6. rattling wheel jack ( rubber band change?)
7. dead HVAC knob ( happens every time)
8. fan belt noise
9. Change coolant ( was not done at 20k service)
10. check engine bolts/washers - there was leakage from one of the bolts in the head
11. brake fluid change (been 2 years)
12. transaxle oil change ? (2 years)
13. check suspension - seems to have become worse

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd August 2009 at 12:24.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:24   #119
Senior - BHPian

funny thing. A week or so after my warranty has ended, It has suddenly become apparent that I dont have an extended warranty booklet. At the time of delivery, I was assured that the service coupon for 36 months was proof of my extended warranty. I am now told that there is supposed to have been a booklet.

AFTER my existing warranty has run out, and the window for me to get a warranty extension is over. Thanfully, he TASC belongs to the dealer I bought the car from, so they said they'd cross check and soo. Dad says that he was billed for it (need to check once i get home). The dealership folk also said they'd check and get back to me - still no update when I called them a little while back. I just hope they resolve this properly.

As the safari folks say, Time to "reclaim my Warranty!!!"
Old 5th August 2009, 12:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ill say this first

Turns out dad has the extended warranty booklet all along, and we'd forgotten where it was. Managed to fish it out yesterday. called the SA and said that the HVAC guy is out, so that would be fixed at a later date , and they didnt have the tail lamp assembly in stock, so that would also be replaced.

I'm fine with the above if the other issues have been solved - Let's see

Most Viewed