Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 20:27   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 10 years & 100k km up

11,450 for suspension :O I hope it was for all 4 wheels!
Old 6th October 2013, 12:26   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
11,450 for suspension :O I hope it was for all 4 wheels!
this was not the suspension itself that was changed. the metal frame where the suspension is mounted. You can see the part that was rusted out.

In other news, the Steering started acting up, had to get it overhauled, and some minor suspension and brake caliper fixes done. Another 10K gone. Will post the bill. I hope this is the last of all this for a while!
Old 6th October 2013, 20:50   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
In other news, the Steering started acting up, had to get it overhauled, and some minor suspension and brake caliper fixes done. Another 10K gone. Will post the bill. I hope this is the last of all this for a while!
Any reason why you are still clinging on this white elephant rather than disposing it off? Seems like you'll end up replacing every part in the car at this rate. Or are you stress-testing the Indica?

P.S: We have some common friends.

Last edited by jayded : 6th October 2013 at 20:51.
Old 7th October 2013, 08:51   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Any reason why you are still clinging on this white elephant rather than disposing it off? Or are you stress-testing the Indica?
Partly due to sentimental reasons, partly because I am not in a position to make any capital investments at this time
Quote:
Seems like you'll end up replacing every part in the car at this rate.
I Think only the engine and AC compressor are left
Quote:
P.S: We have some common friends.
Curious - Please PM me
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 13:24   #365
Senior - BHPian

Had some issues with Jerkiness and noises from the front when going over bumpy roads. Turns out ball joints are busted, some (gearbox?) mount is gone, and some bearings need replacement. Car is going to be in for a while.
Quote:
Wohoo. Turbo Whoosh is back.
MyTVS guys at Ekaduthangal overhauled my FIP(incl rotor replacement) and found out that one of my nozzle bodies needed replacement. so 7+4K = 11K
I had an good experience with myTVS as well. the advisor was very proactive and helpful, and they did an interior waxjob and wash for free (you'd have to pay extra for that at a TASC) The place is more acessible too from my house.
Attachment 1049298
My dad had spotted leaked diesel now and then, but I'd never noticed. I was told that the FIP is leaking, and the jerkiness might be because of the lack of pressure, because the car doesn't pull well in first gear.

does lucas tvs provide any warranty on their overhauls?
Old 11th January 2014, 15:37   #366
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

My father's 8 year old Indica DLG Turbo has crossed 50k kms and we have not spent anything like this nor incurred such failures so far! This vehicle is getting sold on in another week or ten days and is being replaced with an I 20 top end Asta Petrol. The main reason for replacement is user fatigue, the desire for modernity, refinement and max safety features - not necessary in the order named.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th January 2014 at 15:39.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 16:54   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Had some issues with Jerkiness and noises from the front when going over bumpy roads. Turns out ball joints are busted, some (gearbox?) mount is gone, and some bearings need replacement. Car is going to be in for a while.

My dad had spotted leaked diesel now and then, but I'd never noticed. I was told that the FIP is leaking, and the jerkiness might be because of the lack of pressure, because the car doesn't pull well in first gear.

does lucas tvs provide any warranty on their overhauls?

Please explain me the jerkiness. The jerks caused due to the pump are mainly felt when you accelerate the vehicle in 2nd or 3rd gear. If the jerks are felt when you release the accelerator then it cannot be due to the pump.

Check for the leakage. Probably the leakage is from the solonoid switch over the pump.

Generally the warranty offered on the repairs is for 6 months.

Also the jerks are not possible due to leakage unless the leakage is from the main fuel pipe connection over the pump which may cause starting trouble due to air suction.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th January 2014 at 04:41. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags.
CRDIsamir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 19:38   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
The jerks caused due to the pump are mainly felt when you accelerate the vehicle in 2nd or 3rd gear. If the jerks are felt when you release the accelerator then it cannot be due to the pump.
Thanks for the reply!

The jerkiness is when I Accelerate or release the acellerator in the lower gears. I was told that the gearbox (or some other mounting) is also busted, which might cause jerking.

The leak was an unrelated issue. Dad had spotted small pools of diesel here and there, but I had never noticed any at work. Today while they had taken my car apart for this gearbox/suspension related work, my service advisor said there was some leak in the pump, better to get it checked.
Old 11th January 2014, 20:14   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Partly due to sentimental reasons, partly because I am not in a position to make any capital investments at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My father's 8 year old Indica DLG Turbo has crossed 50k kms and we have not spent anything like this nor incurred such failures so far! .
Greenie, another example: a relative's 8 year old Indigo is still running. He still does long distance drives in it. It is begining to show it's age, but I think that is quite natural if you consider that the car has now crossed the 1.8L mark
Old 21st June 2015, 01:04   #370
Senior - BHPian

updates:
Car was sent to tvm and garaged for the better part of 2014-15 as I was abroad. Had a dead battery after two days of running around in sept 2014 when I had come back for vacation. Good thing it died at home rather than on the road. Dad had it replaced with another exide - the earlier one had lasted from 2011 to 2014 - a little over 3 years.
After coming back to India, got some minor bodywork done + repaint on the wheel arches. Got driven to my marriage and back in the car
Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 15 years & 114k km up-_iva8607.jpg
Hit the 75K mark around then
Drove to chennai without any issues apart from an intermittent check engine light - Mohandas had supposedly fixed it - they said that if it wasnt gone yet, to check some fuel pump solenoid. That's a visit to a myTVS sometime

Meanwhile the car has gathered its fair share of scratches, including an maniac biker who broke off the front wheel eyebrow. Had the rpm fluctuations show up recently, and my FNG insisted on an alternator overhaul. He changed the belt too and charged me 3.4k - though it did solve the problem.

Finally I'm beginning to appreciate buying a diesel car - I drive over 1.5K Km a month these days
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 19:11   #371
Senior - BHPian

nearing 90K. after a few major repairs (suspension, steering, condensor & evaporator replacement) , the indicab has been giving me some peace and quiet these days. Also since I've relocated my commute has been cut down from around 50Km a day to 2-3Km.

Went on a long trip over the weekend, with a mix of 6 lane highways, village roads & a steep hill climb (pichavaram- namakkal- kolli hills-Chennai) and had zero issues. Only problem is that top speed seems to be limited to 110, even at night on open highways. Good thing is that you have to try really hard to break the speed limit!
Old 4th October 2016, 12:59   #372
Senior - BHPian

gave my car for the 90K service (crossed 90K a week back)
issues
- Leaks in the front & back - diagnosed as oil & fuel leakage
- possible collateral damage to alternator
-ac overheating during city runs
- rear wiper water line & tank damaged by hidden concrete slab
- idiot on bike hit my back bumper, needs to be fit back
-indicator stalk not staying put during turns.

Have given to bagavathi motors santoshapam (mytvs) after a few bad experiences with MCC motors perumbakkam

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th October 2016 at 13:05.
Old 7th October 2016, 19:42   #373
Senior - BHPian

got my car back, everything fixed,
13k. very happy to have a service come under budget after a long time

Regular service
alternator overhauled. belt, pulley replaced due to oil leak
radiator cleaned, coolant replaced
rear wiper water line fixed
fuel tank and lines cleaned/overhauled
combination switch - i was being quoted 2K+ - 99rpm has lesser prices, so waiting for it to be operational to buy from them - in the meanwhile, will put up with it
Old 9th October 2016, 15:57   #374
BHPian

99rpm hasn't been selling TATA & Hyundai parts for a while now. Instead of waiting for them to start selling it again (which could take ages) its better to buy locally.
quadbike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 09:06   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
99rpm hasn't been selling TATA & Hyundai parts for a while now. Instead of waiting for them to start selling it again (which could take ages) its better to buy locally.
THanks for the updated on 99rpm - hadnt noticed this.
In the meantime, I am yet to find a tata motors parts store in chennai ( shocking that I havent found a single one) especially when Trivandrum has two (popular & swaraj)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks