Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 10:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Which pump? The one after CCD? Just curious, why she left before you dad came? Whre you happy coz she left before your dad came? etc etc. OT, I know.
eh heh heh. It's not the way it looks, really
Actually it was late ( 9 PM) , and the point of her hitching a ride with me was because she wanted to reach home early instead of waiting for our 9:30 taxi, and I didn't want to make her any more late. It turned out to be a mistake since it seems she had handed over the guy the cash I gave her for the fuel, and he had the nerve( or the already demonstrated lack of sense) to claim that he hadnt been paid when dad came . bugger got paid twice eventually . I need to show up there and claim the cash back. The pump is at pongumood

Quote:
What's their helpline number?
9847977400 . They'd stuck a sticker on my windshield

It's also available from
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Service Helpline

kulathunkal guys will be coming from kuravankonam, so calculate about 30 minutes for them to actually get started + the time for their sumo to reach you ( it was a shabby but high end sumo with OE alloys - first time i ever saw alloys on a sumo!)

Last edited by greenhorn : 27th July 2008 at 10:36.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

small update. Am almost nearing the 15,000 mark. Still havent gotten my tow hook back. Planning to give a piece of my mind as feedback if I dont get it back this time.

Other general comments: the rear right window rattles, even after being replaced under warranty. It stops if you wind it up a certain way. I think the gap in the beading is more than it should be. Not a big issue since nobody sits there usually as my drivers seat has been pushed WAAAAAAAY back , and there is very little legroom

Hearing a funny sound/vibration when turning with wheels at full lock (parking etc)

the grilles from the hertz 6x9's keep working themselves loose now and then ( not a fault of the car )

Has been handling a lot of bad roads and mud thanks to recent rains , drives like a charm, and the holes and mud mean nothing to me !

Windscreen is getting a bit, i dunno , the water doesnt flow off the area the wipers cover. a sort of small mist forms in that area. Any idea why ?

Left side feels very bumpy at very low speeds - disappears at full speed ( the underbody at the left had gotten scraped and might have had some damage- it had been making some noise under hard acelleration -at that time TASS didnt replace anything , just did a wheel alignment and the noise went away)

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st September 2008 at 18:11.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Petrol in a diesel car is a very dangerous situation.
U're lucky you noticed it.
Imagine a chemical designed to spark-ignite at 9:1 compression being compressed to 22:1

Hi,

Then what happens if we fill diesel instead of petrol, educate me about this.......

Today morning IOL guy filled diesel to my swift vxi, thank god i noticed immidiatly & towed to nearest service centre, cleaned whole tank with petrol.
Old 1st September 2008, 20:32   #49
BHPian

I googled about this & got the lot of info on the same..... no need of further post's on this for me..........

Last edited by subbarao : 1st September 2008 at 20:35.
Old 25th September 2008, 13:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Just sent my ride in for third free service. Reached 15,000k

Pending issues

1. Rattles in rear windows
2. Creaky doors - just needs some oil
3. HVAC knob's cable getting disconnected
4. bumpy low speed ride from the front left wheel - just got a call saying one of the rods were bent, and would be replaced for 300 bucks
5. still haven't received my tow hook back - said I'd raise that as an issue if one wasnt given
Asked for synthetic, but they said it was too costly, and no one asked for it , that they stopped stocking it.
Cost of new body coloured indigo style ORVM's with chrome rub rails - 1.8k each - never mind
New indigo style head lamps- 3k each - another time perhaps
Anti Glare IRVM from indica DLX ( 400) - will fit if in stock

Asked about upgrading to 18+30 month warranty from existing 18+18. they said that it is best done only after purchase. If i take the extended 18+ 30 warranty cover now, I'll have to cancel the 18+18, and get the 18+30, and I'd end up paying full amount for the 18+30, and I'd not be getting the amount for the 18+18 back. bah, there goes extended warranty

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th September 2008 at 14:02.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:15   #51
BHPian

Indica DLG

My Indica DLG also completed 15K last week. Service interval for the free service is mentioned as 10K. Should I wait for 20K to get it serviced?
Also I have observed below mentioned problems in vehicle.
1) Rattles in front windows
2) I see some oil leak, not sure if this is engine oil leak and it is very less.
3) Feels like the front wheels do not have any shock absorbers at all.
4) If the vehicle is run for more than 200 KMS on the day it will become sluggish, at this time it is pain to drive in city traffic.
Other than this i am satisfied with the vehicle. Fuel efficiency is 17/18 without A/C mix of city & highway.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2008 at 19:07. Reason: Font tags
Old 26th September 2008, 19:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

My best experience at the T.A.S.S so far

Started ominously enough. Spotted my advisor and asked him about the tow hook and he spouts something about how warranty will not be an issue since they are handling the vehicle etc. I'm stumped and ask him what this has to do with my missing hook. He does a double take ,and says , oh the hook, yeah we found one and it's in your car . Relieved , I sign everything but the saisfaction report, tell him that I'd do that only after i check the car. He's okay with it.

Checked the car and the hook is indeed present. Signed the form and added a small apology for questioning his integrity- he says not a problem, after all, this is how it should work!

The HVAC knob is working, window rattle and door creaks mostly taken care of, And it seems that there was some fault with the power steering , and they'd changed the hose

Well, that explains my doubt
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...han-turbo.html
It feels a lot lighter now

in addition some front suspension member was changed, i suspect this was the cause of the bumpy ride at low speeds. Will have to check out at the parking lot next week.

The night mode in the DLX mirror is superb!Tested it out with a torch and it works better than i thought. I thougt it might be just a plain mirror with some anti glare coating at first, but this is really nice. Tested it out with a torch. a BIG THANKS to tsk1979 for pointing out that one !

And it seems something was wrong with the rear door sensors. Replaced under warranty.

Overall a very positive experience !

PS: Added the bill
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 15 years & 114k km up-img.jpg  

Last edited by greenhorn : 26th September 2008 at 19:27.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

turns out , when they replaced the tow hook, they took the wheel spanner. I give up running after these idiots. Will buy a wheel spanner from outside and call it a day. And keep the toolkit at home when giving for service from now on
Old 15th October 2008, 15:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
. Not a big issue since nobody sits there usually as my drivers seat has been pushed WAAAAAAAY back , and there is very little legroom
Just wondering, in such a spacious car if there is not much room left for the rear passenger, how far really do you push your seat and drive? I mean how do you manage to put your hands on the gear lever? What's your height?
Old 15th October 2008, 15:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

I must be about 5'10~11. Guys can sit fine , if they keep their legs apart. Not so easy for the ladies though, Will post pics in the eve to clarify
Old 15th October 2008, 17:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

> when they replaced the tow hook, they took the wheel spanner.

Ouch! Though could not prove, my service apparently left a spanner under the bonnet. Two days later, 250kms away, the car overheated. On checking the radiator was bust and fan blades broken. My driver found a nice spanner on the road a little distance back. The service station claimed that ll theri spanners were marked and they had lost none.

> Will buy a wheel spanner from outside

While you are at it, get a star shaped one which is better for the job.

> And keep the toolkit at home when giving for service from now on

Have a carry bag with you and put whatever is not needed in the car in that and take it along when you go to get your car. You could have a puncture on the way to the TASC!
Old 15th October 2008, 20:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
My Indica DLG also completed 15K last week. Service interval for the free service is mentioned as 10K. Should I wait for 20K to get it serviced?
Also I have observed below mentioned problems in vehicle.
1) Rattles in front windows
2) Feels like the front wheels do not have any shock absorbers at all.
3) If the vehicle is run for more than 200 KMS on the day it will become sluggish, at this time it is pain to drive in city traffic.
Other than this i am satisfied with the vehicle. Fuel efficiency is 17/18 without A/C mix of city & highway.
i am facing the same problems with my 2007 Xeta GLX..even my parcel tray rattels..and my fuel efficiency is 10km only
Old 15th October 2008, 20:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Kulathungal has bough GTD in bulk or what? They even use that for my 2.2L.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i am facing the same problems with my 2007 Xeta GLX..even my parcel tray rattels..and my fuel efficiency is 10km only
Hey mate, a friend of mine with a 1.2 GLS gets 12~13, and he drives very sedately.
Regarding the parcel tray,the plastic one is crap. I strongly suggest you upgrade to a .75 inch thick MDF tray. You lose the rattles, and better bass from your rears. Its a win-win deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Kulathungal has bough GTD in bulk or what? They even use that for my 2.2L.
I guess so. They dont have anything else. I asked if they had synthetic or some sort of better grade, they said no, and they stopped stocking because nobody wanted the good stuff.

I'm planning to switch to the one near the bypass for the next service. Have you gone there for any services ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th October 2008 at 22:00.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
The quick service bay clears off these issues. Why dont you visit that and get the rattling issues settled down?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks