Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 13:12   #31
Team-BHP Support

Nope, since the Tie rod and ball joint is gone(as confirmed by workshop), the crossmember also looks suspect. Its a 200rs part.
Since the tire fell into the rut, it looks more like Engine mount damage rather than the exhaust mount.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh man.... Reading your report, I'll never buy a Tata vehicle !!

Apart from your accidents, there are quite simple way too many issues.

Nice report horny
Old 28th May 2008, 13:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ nikhil, as long as they manage to fix it ,I've no issues. Check out the TE TVM meet to see where we went , and the kinda roads that made this happen
Old 30th May 2008, 14:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ok, got the car back. The noise has been fixed, and surprisingly, they've charged me only for wheel alignment. they said nothing needed to be changed. I ripped the car on the way back, didnt hear any untoward noises.
the rattling from the rear has also been cured. seems they changed the rear windows. was replaced under warranty. They missed the heater though. I went back and they said that the cable from the dial had broken ( and it usually doesnt , so they didnt have it in stock.) They asked me to call my service adviser to procure the cable ( It would take at least 3 days ) and then come back

Total cost : 309 Rs
Old 4th June 2008, 15:14   #35
BHPian

Nice Review Green horn

I myslelf own one DLG Turbo and also faced the same problems with the car
Old 4th June 2008, 15:51   #36
Team-BHP Support

Nice report, even if the ride was a little bumpy for comfort.

OT: Mods, please edit the title. It should be 8000km or 8K
Old 21st July 2008, 22:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Bah a geriatric petrol pump guy put 10 litres of petrol . figured out only when the meter read 10 litres for 500 Rs. Thank god I didnt turn it on. Called the tata helpline , they came within 45 minutes. I really was surprised with the quick response. I expected them to take an hour at least. They towed the car away, and said it would be ready by tomorrow evening. The only casualty was a female collegue I had to ask to go by her own means. Dad showed up, and said there was no point in depriving the old man of 500 rupees ( I hadnt paid till then ) - I'd be taking a significant cut of what he may be getting monthly. The petrol pump manager said that if we returned whatever fuel they took out of the car , they'd put in new diesel instead - yeah right, i didnt ask for damages because I was in a good mood.

how much do you suppose the labour charges will come to ? and will there be any lasting damage to the car ( I did not start it after petrol was filled) or from them towing the car ... the engine was off, and there was no power steering in effect when the car was being towed
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Dude... your dad seems like too nice a guy... always forgiving the idiots...

If some attendant filled my CRDi with petrol, i would make the petrol pump owner pay all damages, towing charges and make sure that the attendant never does that to ANYONE again...I would never pay the idiots for the wrong fuel they put it.

Hats off too your Dad's patience though.

Petrol is lighter than diesel, so logically it should just float on the top in the tank...
Hopefully the damage will be none/minimal.

On a lighter note: Being an ex Indica owner, I see that things havent changed .. much. No major problems in the vehicle as always, but always a couple of squeaks and rattles here and there...
Old 22nd July 2008, 06:58   #39
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Petrol is lighter than diesel, so logically it should just float on the top in the tank...
That would work if the 2 liquids were immiscible, but I dont think thats the case here.
anyway, nothing to worry. you didnt switch on the car. after draining the tank, it will be fine.

Last edited by rippergeo : 22nd July 2008 at 07:04.

Old 22nd July 2008, 18:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

got my car back, man it feels smoooooth to drive.
cost about 1.3k( the whole fuel deflushing thing, diesel filter change, and towing )
they gave 5l of diesel free in exchange for all that petrol.
I called them up and asked them to fix the HVAC knob, and they did that too. only thing i noticed when i got home was that they'd forgotten to put the towing hook. need to get it back from them

I asked about upgrading to the 4 year warranty from my current 3 year, and they said I couldnt. I said no, and that the website said I could . the female said she'd check with the head office and let me know tomorrow
Old 22nd July 2008, 22:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think you can, I was at TASS and there was a notice saying that you could upgrade your warranty even after 80% of the warranty period was over. This was with some tie up with New India though
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Petrol in a diesel car is a very dangerous situation.
U're lucky you noticed it.
Imagine a chemical designed to spark-ignite at 9:1 compression being compressed to 22:1
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

@ bottle , the tata site says that I'm eligible to get it within 420 days. my car is of june '07 vintage , so it should qualify.

@ nitrous- yeah thank God i saw it. But i had a feeling the old man was going to do something funny, and kept my eyes open.
Old 27th July 2008, 09:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Had been asking for a while regarding an upgrade to a 18+30 month warranty. every time they say they dont know/will find out. today they claim the female who is in charge of this has been transferred to another dealership, and I have to follow it up from there. Thankfully the new place is near my office, so . but still i wonder whether they'll give me the runaround till the 420 days are up

Inquired about the missing tow hook. the service adviser said that he cant manage to locate it unless he gets the job card , and the person in charge was on leave. I just aksed him when I'll get my hook back, and he answers evasively. i repeat the question utlil he says I'll let you know by today eve. I figure I'll give him time till monday. Bah these idiots

But then again, I have a college mate of mine ( mech guy) who works there as well, hes says most of them are paid a pittiance ( i felt sorry when I heard his salary - its a fraction of mine ) , most of them stay there for the workex , and jump as soon as they have a chance.
Old 27th July 2008, 10:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Bah a geriatric petrol pump guy put 10 litres of petrol . figured out only when the meter read 10 litres for 500 Rs. Thank god I didnt turn it on. Called the tata helpline , they came within 45 minutes. I really was surprised with the quick response. I expected them to take an hour at least. They towed the car away, and said it would be ready by tomorrow evening. The only casualty was a female collegue I had to ask to go by her own means. Dad showed up, and said there was no point in depriving the old man of 500 rupees ( I hadnt paid till then ) - I'd be taking a significant cut of what he may be getting monthly. The petrol pump manager said that if we returned whatever fuel they took out of the car , they'd put in new diesel instead - yeah right, i didnt ask for damages because I was in a good mood.

how much do you suppose the labour charges will come to ? and will there be any lasting damage to the car ( I did not start it after petrol was filled) or from them towing the car ... the engine was off, and there was no power steering in effect when the car was being towed
Which pump? The one after CCD? Just curious, why she left before you dad came? Whre you happy coz she left before your dad came? etc etc. OT, I know.

What's their helpline number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
That would work if the 2 liquids were immiscible, but I dont think thats the case here.
anyway, nothing to worry. you didnt switch on the car. after draining the tank, it will be fine.
He can ad kerosene etc and make petroleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Petrol in a diesel car is a very dangerous situation.
U're lucky you noticed it.
Imagine a chemical designed to spark-ignite at 9:1 compression being compressed to 22:1
wow! now thats scary! That serious?

Most Viewed