Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 10:24   #31
BHPian

Me also want to post my F.E . figures :-

17 kmpl , with High Turbo Usage , 100% city, 0% A.C. , 195ventura tyres

I have decided to drive with a light foot after my recent refill and notice the difference in the mileage ! At least i am trying to drive with a light foot !

cheers:
Old 8th February 2008, 12:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post

Please note that this is only for Mastercard Cards.

Contact Us | Merchant Violations*| MasterCard®
I think this is for US.
I have sent an email query to Customer Care of Maruti.
Old 20th March 2008, 22:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

My Swift DDIS has now done close to 18000 km. I am using System D diesel fuel additive regularly and getting a FE of 20 + kmpl with both highway and city driving (50-50) and with AC on 80% of the time. There has been an improvement in FE by at least 2 kmpl after I started using the fuel additive. The engine has also gone pretty smooth and is less noisy under normal driving condition. Engine just races to 80 kmph without any difficulty.

Will keep you all updated as we go along.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:06   #34
Team-BHP Support

Wow am too tempted to try the System D, you use it with every fill?

And just now read the complete report and very good indeed. My running is very less these days so look forward to your reports as the Kms gather
Old 21st March 2008, 08:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yes I use System D with every fill at the rate of 1 ml per liter of diesel filled.
Old 21st March 2008, 08:42   #36
rippergeo

nice report, nice thread,just saw it now.
sorry for quoting all the old posts, but i'm like that, always have an opinion on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
But the recommended pressure is 36 & 34. I drive with 34 and 32 feel reasonably comfortable.
I do the same, but with nitrogen in the tyres. the car is quite comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
well I know that (its 32 psi for the RS, I think) but I feel better and more comfortable with 28 psi all around. I am mostly alone or with a single person in the car 95 % of the time, so I have the pressure @ 28 psi.

There is a marked difference in ride quality. Same was the case with the ikon as well. In fact have been on 28 psi since the start.
actually, the lower you go with tyre pressure, the more comfortable the ride becomes(upto a limit)thats because the tyre wall flex will give added cushioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Folks,

I have seen quite a few suggestions on going low on the tyre pressure than what is recommended by Maruti. Other than lower mileage is there any other disadvantage with lesser air pressure in the tyres as compared to manufacturer recommended pressure. One major disadvantage I see is on long drives tyres will get heated up fast with less pressure. How long is this long drive? I drive about 25 to 30km at a stretch each day.
tyre wear is worse in under inflated and over inflated tyres.
the sidewalls get damaged more with under inflation, uneven tyre wear results from over inflation. blowouts are common with both under and over inflation at high speeds. all this i read off a website a few years ago, cant remember where.

ofcourse, maruti's advice on tyre pressure has always been suspect, but what choice do we have but to follow the instructions?
I tend to underinflate all recommended pressures by 2PSI. I dont know if its the best way to do things, but i like it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
If tyres get heated up - the pressure should increase right ? I am guessing but it should go up by 1-2 psi.

So if you keep your pressure 28 psi when cold - it should reach 30 psi when the tyres are running and at higher temperature.

tyre gurus ? your feed back ?
i'm no tyre guru, but the what most self proclaimed gurus recommend is using nitrogen in the tyres to prevent heating at high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For my viva crdi, it is 30psi recommended for all 4 tyres and i generally keep 32psi and i really feel the surge in acceleration from standstill which is not similar if its 30psi and purely for this reason, i keep 32psi, also there is no marked difference in ride as i ride 80% of the time all alone.

For highway drives i keep 32psi and always got more than 18kmpl
the accent CRDI has a softer suspension than the swift. elevating the tyre pressure will not cause the kind of stiff ride that would happen with doing the same in a swift. the accent's suspension takes up the slack.

i feel the same about acceleration- slightly higher than recommended tyre pressure does seem to improve stright line speeds and acceleration, also mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
We had a visitor who an accent crdi in our building recently. I guessed it was a diesel because of the diesel pitter patter . I have to admit that even thought the sound was a tad higher as compared to my swift , it has an amazingly refined sound !Any comment mobike ?
this i'm not so sure of. i've used both cars. the accent is way noisier than the swift VDi. maybe it was a poorly maintained petrol accent that sounded like a diesel

Quote:
My Swift DDIS has now done close to 18000 km. I am using System D diesel fuel additive regularly and getting a FE of 20 + kmpl with both highway and city driving (50-50) and with AC on 80% of the time. There has been an improvement in FE by at least 2 kmpl after I started using the fuel additive. The engine has also gone pretty smooth and is less noisy under normal driving condition. Engine just races to 80 kmph without any difficulty.

the premium fuel provided at petrol pumps has been accused of shortening engine life. i dont know how true that is, but i dont risk the car anymore,i'm using IOC regular since we sold off the long suffering accent CRDI

wont system d do the same?

like jaggu requested,
would you please let us know what the pattern of usage is for the system D?

PS@diesel fan- you seem to have posted while i was typing out my excessively lengthy post. thanks for the reply.

Last edited by rippergeo : 21st March 2008 at 08:43.

Old 21st March 2008, 10:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I am using System D diesel fuel additive regularly and getting a FE of 20 + kmpl with both highway and city driving (50-50) and with AC on 80% of the time. There has been an improvement in FE by at least 2 kmpl after I started using the fuel additive. The engine has also gone pretty smooth and is less noisy under normal driving condition
Am kooking forward to trying this out too. Thanks!
Old 21st March 2008, 13:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good sign and feedback which means System D works!!! and at a much lesser cost than the premium fuel provided at pumps.

Since you need to use an ml per litre of diesel, the system D cost comes to an additional 80 paise per litre of the normal diesel that you fill compared to premium fuels which cost like 2-3 Rupees more per litre.

@DF, which brand of normal diesel did you use with System D, i mean from which oil company.

Quote:

You should use it everytime and on all fills but only with normal diesel fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wow am too tempted to try the System D, you use it with every fill?

And just now read the complete report and very good indeed. My running is very less these days so look forward to your reports as the Kms gather
They are like detergents which enhance the fuel burning and clean the fuel assembly, nothing more.

System D is a milder form of what they use in the premium fuels, its found to me more compatible for engines here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
the premium fuel provided at petrol pumps has been accused of shortening engine life. i dont know how true that is, but i dont risk the car anymore,i'm using IOC regular since we sold off the long suffering accent CRDI

wont system d do the same?

like jaggu requested,
would you please let us know what the pattern of usage is for the system D?

Last edited by dadu : 21st March 2008 at 13:07.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Thats a good sign and feedback which means System D works!!! and at a much lesser cost than the premium fuel provided at pumps.

Since you need to use an ml per litre of diesel, the system D cost comes to an additional 80 paise per litre of the normal diesel that you fill compared to premium fuels which cost like 2-3 Rupees more per litre.

@DF, which brand of normal diesel did you use with System D, i mean from which oil company.
Premium diesel is about the same differential price vis-a-vis normal as compared to system D (less than a Rupee more than the normal fuel).

I use HP Normal Diesel regularly along with System D. I have also used IOC.

I have bought a second bottle of System D recently. I found that the manufactured date was Jun-2006. I asked for a different bottle and that too was of the same batch. It seems like BP is carrying old batch of system D. Anyone else noticed the same issue?

Last edited by DieselFan : 2nd April 2008 at 14:10.
Old 4th May 2008, 13:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

had my car serviced yesterday as it had clocked 20100 km. This was the 4th service and first paid service. Was done by Kalyani Motors on Mysore road/ring road junction. Morning 9 I dropped my car and asked service advisor to run me through the entire list of what he proposes to do on the car. His comments -

1. Engine Oil and oil filter change
2. Gear oil change
3. fuel filter change/ Air filter change
4. Brake fluid change
5. Coolant change
6. Brake Bleeding
7. Brake cleaning front and rear
8. Brake caliper greasing
He gave me an estimate of 4800 Rs. I ask him if it is recommended that you do the last 3 tasks as they are not in the list recommended by Maruti. He says it is recommended.

I was asked to come and collect the car at 6 pm.

Later in the day I get a call at 3 pm that my car is ready and I land up there at 4.
I was run through the tasks done on the car by the service advisor. Final bill came to 4600. If you exclude the last 3 tasks then it would have been 4100 or 4200.

I was told that the spare tyre was out of pressure and they have put in air and checked for puncture. Servo oil was used and not Mobil Delvac 1300. I was a bit disappointed. Next time I need to find a place where they have Mobil delvac 1300 and get the oil changed. Any ideas?

He gave me back all the parts that were changed - Fuel filter element, Oil filter and Air filter and then bid goodbye. I crossed checked MRP on Fuel Filter element cover and it read 950 and checked out the bill at it was indeed 842+tax = 950. All in all I was satisfied by the service except for the break work which I think is tasks which needn't have been performed. (Here I need some advice on what will happen if I do not get the last 3 tasks done? as this is not recommended by Maruti).

My observation on the performance of the car -
1. Gear shift has improved
2. Clutch has become slightly heavy again (Maybe because of the clutch fluid change Not sure - Any comments from experts?)
3. Braking has improved.(But only marginally).
4. No engine performance improvement observed.
5. Rear door rattling gone.

GURUs - please comment on the questions I have listed.

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2008, 14:28   #41
Team-BHP Support

Hey dieselFan could you give a detailed break up of the service bill. It'll help to see how expensive other parts are for the swift D.

Nice review on the service though.
Old 4th May 2008, 14:45   #42
Team-BHP Support

Brake cleaning and bleeding at 20k kms is good idea.

Since its hydrolic clutch slight difference after fluid change is normal, but if its too heavy then you may need to bleed the line for air trap.
Old 4th May 2008, 18:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Here is the parts and service breakup -

1. Air cleaner - Rs. 230
2. Fuel element - Rs. 842
3. Oil filter - Rs. 344
4. Coolant - Rs. 209
5. Brake Fluid - Rs. 276
6. Gear oil - Rs. 463
7. Engine oil - 537

Labour -
1. Service - Rs. 750
2. Brake bleeding - 95
3. Brake caliper greasing - 95
4. Brum brake cleaning - 190
5. Consumables - 100

All the above were taxed at around 12.5% (12.5% for parts and 12% + 3% cess on 12% for labour)
Old 5th May 2008, 19:09   #44
BHPian

I got my azure grey swift Vdi delivered on Feb 14-2007 from pratham motors, and had issues with the ECU within the first 5k kms. Did get a chance to talk to a manager with Maruti from their manufacturing unit, and he confirmed the ECU issues.

Replaced them, but the pick up gremlin continued to trouble me. Had the ECU reprogrammed (i suppose thats what they did) during the next service, but definitely could feel the lag on the mighty inclines enroute to ooty.

The car was idle for couple of months when i was out of country, and the first thing that i did on my return was talk to folks at Maruti. They replaced the ECU, and the drive has definitely improved since. Imm went for a 3k long drive, and had no issues...phew!!
Old 4th August 2008, 10:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

I have now completed 25000 km on my Swift VDI. Lot of highway runs in last 3 months I presume. I have now switched to IOC normal diesel. In my recent run to Mysore and back I got a mileage of >23 kmpl.This with 4 Adults in the car and using AC 50% of the time. The Engine has now become really smooth. Sound has noticeably reduced. Gear changes are very smooth and effortless.

While driving on the highway at speeds higher than 80kmph when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal I do get a momentary jerk which is slight but noticeable. What can be the reason for this jerk?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks