Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 15:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

After 2 days of effort the problem is still unsolved. Windshield is not an issue. The leak is elsewhere. They are yet to diagnose it. I am not sure when I can get my car.
Old 13th September 2008, 18:44   #62
Team-BHP Support

check if water is entering through the door wiring piping?
Old 14th September 2008, 09:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Water is entering from somewhere behind the dashboard on the driver side hence the
MASS folks are removing the dashboard to check out the leakage. They suspect cowl (I presume I got the spelling right) might have blocked with debris. This is the latest update I have. Anyone faced similar problems in the past and resolved the same.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:39   #64
BHPian

yup faced the problem in my santro many times, cowel top is the area near the wipers where there is some gap.dry leaves,dust etc enter from this area and block the drainage pipe.
cowel top cleaning would be the solution for your car.HYUNDAI charged Rs 120,for the same, not sure about maruti.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

The issue was with the sealant in the windshield which was of 3M make. Kalyani Motors service advisor and his supervisor lied through their nose initially stating that the issue may be with the Cowel etc. At the end of the delivery of the vehical I did speak to the works manager and complained about this aspect and asked him to educate the staff not to lie and create panic among the customers.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Folks,
The issue was with the sealant in the windshield which was of 3M make.
Sorry for the late response. I just saw your postings.
I faced the same issue and resolved by Mandovi Motors. Culprit was the same windshield sealant
Old 4th October 2008, 13:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Water seepage issue occurred again while cleaning my car with a water hose last week (Usually I clean it with Bucket of water and a sponge). This time I took it to works manager of Kalyani motors and made a complaint. He took his personal interest and was there throughout the inspection of the car. It boiled down to a rubber plug used in the right indicator wiring which was damaged(chewed up by a rat is what I was told). The car is waiting in the garage for the wire assembly to be sourced from some other dealer.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back and the issue fixed with replacement of right indicator wiring. total cost Rs. 320/- 150 for parts and 150 for labor +taxes. This time around I insisted that I sit in the car post fixing of the problem and do pressure water testing.

I also got my car washed and vacuumed. Kudos to Kalyani motors for fixing the issue by going to the root cause of the problem.
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mods please change the title as - "5th service @ 29500 km"

Took my car for servicing this morning. asked for Brake cleaning, caliper pin greasing and engine oil flushing as 3 additional service.BG Engine oil flush (An Italian manufacturer and an MGA) was used. Engine oil and filter was changed. Used Mobil Delvac 1300 engine oil.Tyres rotated.

Cost breakup -

1. Flush - 755 Rs.
2. Engine oil - 700Rs.
3. oil filter - 365 rs.
4. brake cleaning - 250 Rs
5. caliper greasing - 140 Rs.
8. Servicing+Consumables - 975
Total cost of the service = 3185 Rs.

The relay for the fiam horns had broken down. When I asked electrical mechanic about this he said Swift D can take 2 horns (it already has a very good relay) and there is no need of the relay. He also said there would be an issue of the back current from the relay affecting the ECM. People on Swift D using a relay for the Horn "Beware".
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:28   #70
Team-BHP Support

How does the caliper greasing help ?
Old 8th December 2008, 10:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How does the caliper greasing help ?
Caliper greasing will Lubricate all moving parts of the brake and make it function more efficiently and will result in brakes lasting longer.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
He also said there would be an issue of the back current from the relay affecting the ECM. People on Swift D using a relay for the Horn "Beware".
Its a bluff, relay doesnt have any back current. Its a independent circuit altogether and will not affect ECM is done properly.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Its a bluff, relay doesnt have any back current. Its a independent circuit altogether and will not affect ECM is done properly.

There has been proven electrical interference due to defective relays. please look at some cases on the net -

2001 Buick Regal power windows

Isuzu Trooper - CarSpace Automotive Forums
Old 10th December 2008, 12:20   #74
Team-BHP Support

That way any small modification on wiring can cause damage to ECU, but its overhyped and doesnt mean ECU will conk. Modern relays are quite good that way and you can even fit electronic relays which will eliminate any interference. Back current is diff from interference, again relay fixed inside the main circuit (OE wiring loom) is diff from a external line, which is well isolated if done properly.

Please dont generalize after internet info and forum contributions, first of all half the dealership hate fitting additional horn since the swift d bay is so jam packed, they have to remove the bumper to fix the horn. I could fix it inside the bay since i had space from the ABS unit.

Do you know that a reputed maruti dealer in Trichur suggested me that i had a bust ECU when i got engine check light (radiator fan fuse issue) since i connected additional horn! They didnt have any idea where the fuse box was!! Lost half a day time on this there. RNS BLR just plugged in the scanner and diagnosed it 15 seconds and replaced fuse in 10 mts.

Half the mokeys dont understand ECU and electronics and are scared. Very good if you can avoid alteration to wiring (ideal scenario), but that doesnt mean if i upgrade something in the electrical circuit, my ECU will conk

More than fitting an add on horn with relay, i would say an upgraded headlamp bulb damage is more, which dealers would happily do, since its a 10 mts job and swift has a OE relay in place, god knows if it can hold the current.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

The engine flush that was carried out during the 30K service has helped reduction in engine noise as well as increased the FE. I am also using System D again so I do not know whether to attribute the FE improvement to system D or engine flush or just the engine itself. I am getting 19-20 in city runs and 22 on highway runs with minimal AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks