Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 17:41   #31
BHPian

Talking about the car that i graduated from to a Telcoline.

Yes the earlier car is Tata 207 single cab with a/c and powersteering.

I've been using this car since 5 yrs and ofcourse it served me very well.

The car now is just lying at home. Not able to figure out what i need to do with it.

There seems to be no rusts on the body but for the inside of engine room, there is a quite a lot of rust.

I may work on it later or might give it off.

The engine was done up completely using a new head from Sumo Victa.

Well machined engine and did a nice run-in after the engine was done.

Put some nice set of alloy and tubeless tyres on them. And yes the original set of tarpaulin is still on it.

Aesthetically the car looks awsome and yes better built than any other 207 on roads.

Old 29th February 2008, 21:56   #32
BHPian

thanks ram, the reason i went in for this particular vehicle is that for my need and business and hobbies its a "all in one " kind of a truck..i moved up from a 207 to this for my daily use besides a lancer petrol which was used occasionally. Tata tl has give me great service and the maintainence costs arent very high. Also after almost 1 and 1/2 years and 22k kms, the car feels and drives like new, the build quality and materials used seem to be of a superior quality(surprising for tatas).. probably as it an export model.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

the 207, that is one really mean and good looking machine. the tyres are great! :-)

guess the perception that work horses also eat a lot into the pocket is not right!
Old 29th February 2008, 22:57   #34
BANNED

This long term review is great.

Graduating from a Tata to another Tata.

5 and odd years that's one long term relationship brat.

Guess where's Condor after your pics.

Would appreciate if you detail it with its long distance run and the a/c and also the F E.
Old 1st March 2008, 12:59   #35
BHPian

the FE in the 207 with a/c on ...approx 9-10 in city. the 207 handles very will even on bad roads(also known as city roads). the oversized tyres are filled with nitrogen,running tubeless adds to the comfort,making it a decent daily runner,unlike the regular 207's which tend to really throw up from the rear unless your loading bay has a load
Old 1st March 2008, 19:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

hey how that long trem report on the TL... what parts need to be lookde after often, whats the FE,etc.... and Some more pics...
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:01   #37
BHPian

dinar: as such no specific part has to be looked into often, just routine care and maintainence as one would with most other cars, though this particular model does have a rather bugging service schedule of every 5000 kms , requiring oil changes and so on.
The rear suspension is a leaf spring and built keeping in mind the rear loading bay,it does give a rather bumpy ride if unladen.I was trying to find out a suitable air suspension kit which i could put in else as suggested by ignazio just may remove a leaf of the rear and hope to smoothen my ride. The front suspension setup is great, and coupled with oversized tyres and alloys running nitrogen the overall feel is good.The power stearing is responsive and braking is reasonably decent.
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:01   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : 5 and odd years that's one long term relationship brat.

Guess where's Condor after your pics.
Cant be too far, can I ? . Was on PM with brat001 ..

Hopefully, I too will soon start such a long term relationship with a 207.
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

@brat001 , 5000 km for oil change that like the old M&Ms had [i had one so I know] but the new sumo [same engine]also has an interval longer than that I think, As for the rear suspension if you are looking at softening the suspension, do not remove the leaf it will make the vehicle bouncy on our road , particularly around Banglore ...... Try fitting the rear setup of safari on this, it should be a small mod for TL, I had a similar setup on my jeep, my friend had done a job similar on his gypsy. the gypsy set was some what scary as he had tried his hands at just cutting the rear leaves in half and putting spring from safari from that point, he had fabricated a top support using the part of sierra chassis. The mod job is not that difficult as it seems, we both managed to do it with help for fabrication from mechanics and small work shops ,only thing is you should know what has to be done and do not depend on them for ideas [you can take advice though]. Need a little time to set it up right ,we had too, cause the vehicles where from different manufacturers from what parts were used, you won't have any such problem as most of the parts are same [size, fitting,weight of the vehicles,etc].
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

i just love this bigg truck, looks almost like in the movie "exit wounds". used by the cop, it was a ford pick up in the movie i guess F250, and this look just like the replica, and finally one last question, what is the ICE(in car entertainment system eg:audio etc) in the truck?
Old 2nd March 2008, 20:31   #41
BHPian

in the 207 is a mp3 sony head unit with in dash speakers,in the TL, there i a pioneer mp3 head unit, kenwood 4 channel amp, and a sub with enclosure just placed between the front and the rear seats.. not very practical as if more than 3 people have to come along i have to remove the sub box. I did consider a panel sub behind the rear seat as there isnt much space anywhere else. I know .. its a really huge vehicle but not much space for much inside.
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:18   #42
BHPian

dinar:
thanks for the inputs, retrofitting a gypsy as you did was one very daring venture, the reason why i considered taking out a leaf was from my previous experience of doing so with my gypsy leafsprings. It worked. anyways my only apprehensions with any kind of retrofit is high speed handling and reliability. As i have mentioned earlier i was looking to import a complete air suspenson kit,Anyways as of now all plans have been shelved ... im kinda out of action for a while -in bed with a slipped disc.
should probably do something once im up and about...
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
the 207, that is one really mean and good looking machine. the tyres are great! :-)

guess the perception that work horses also eat a lot into the pocket is not right!
.. you can say that as long as you arent gonna go overboard on alloys and tyres as i did
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:22   #44
BHPian

@ brat001 : Congrats dude on my owning this amazing pick up...it used to be my most favourite MUV in India until the Xenon came along...
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear that get well soon, As for the high speed stability part of the converted vehicle with springs it's does not affect it much, thats where the tuning of the setup I mentioned comes into the picture.
It would be nice to see an Air ride system in India [ on an Indian vehicle]. but it won't make a difference in harshness level, the original set stays on the vehicle ..at least what I know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks