Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 04:54   #46
BHPian

@brat001
GET WELL ASAP MY FRIEND!!!
If you still interested to air suspensions, I keep investigate on the Italian market, despite the fact I'm quite agree with dinar, about the design suspension system. To save money and your spine wich is the most important thing, I'll go with 1 leaf off and something like 100kg of permanent load on the cargo bay. this sould be enough to give you more comfort...
Best wishes!
Ignazio
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:51   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

@brat001, get well soon. Do take as much rest as you need. The rest can wait till then.
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
@brat001
GET WELL ASAP MY FRIEND!!!
If you still interested to air suspensions, I keep investigate on the Italian market, despite the fact I'm quite agree with dinar, about the design suspension system. To save money and your spine wich is the most important thing, I'll go with 1 leaf off and something like 100kg of permanent load on the cargo bay. this sould be enough to give you more comfort...
Best wishes!
Ignazio
I air suspension would be fine if the original set was not that hard in the first place, when I did the setup , it was the only thing I could do with what was available here, and another thing is I like doing stuff,so if i get a chance I will do some thing like this again, the gypsy bit was not my idea ,it was my friends , i will never do that kind of stuff [ it's ok on alight vehicle like that]. Removing of the leaf is fine in Italy [I think] the roads are not bad as in Banglore.
do let us know if you find anything in the air suspension setup which fits on the TL, you should be able to find something in the German market.....there was one sierra for sale here , it had dampers and springs from Mercedez benz [ i think it was out of the E or S-class]. so if there are kit for these car, theoretically they should fit the TL ....
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:54   #49
BANNED

Xenon coming!

The TelcoLine was launched in 1997 but when was it available for Sale in India.

The Xenon will be launced very soon but you might get to buy it only after 2-3 yrs.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Xenon coming!

The TelcoLine was launched in 1997 but when was it available for Sale in India.

The Xenon will be launced very soon but you might get to buy it only after 2-3 yrs.
Tata has declared that they will launch the xenon mid this year, the days of us Indian waiting for a launch of cars are over, the TL was not launched earlier cause there was no market ,people could not afford to buy something that expansive, till recently even 4 lack car was considered expensive , but now we Indian are buying a 5 lack hatch back....times have changed and also TL did not have competition from any other manufacturer...now Tata has competition in every segment of it range ..so they have too.. and any ways xenon has been launched else where for quit sometime now, so we can hope...........right
Old 4th March 2008, 00:09   #51
BHPian

regd the xenon, i will only be convinced when i see it on the road... not even in the showroom, as TATA can "delay" launch of certain models.For example i went so many times to the showroom to see the TATA winger luxury edition,it just hasnt come yet to the showroom, what can i say???
Anyways i still really like the TL .. in fact after almost 2 months i took it out today, loaded 5 sandbags, reduced tyre preassure all round, was much better.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:31   #52
BHPian

Brat - You have a cool pickup there. I think i saw it today, in a petrol pump on Old Mardas road??

Was driving so just got a glimpse. ANyways your pickup is awesome.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Brat - You have a cool pickup there. I think i saw it today, in a petrol pump on Old Mardas road??

Was driving so just got a glimpse. ANyways your pickup is awesome.
.. yep that was me alrite, first time i took the car out after almost 2 months, was gettin the air preassure reduced..
i did take the car up past nandi hills yday..
Old 4th March 2008, 23:07   #54
BHPian

some technical help needed here: what would you suggest- taking out 1 leaf from the rear , resetting the remaining correspondingly, and replacing stock rear shocks with konis?? will it help smoothening the ride? if so which konis will suit best, i dont carry much load in the rear either ways
Old 5th March 2008, 23:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey .. brat001 , hows the back... hope it's not giving a lot of trouble?
Any ways, if you really want to remove one leaf go ahead, it should help you in softening the suspension...but there will be increase in role , when loaded at speeds, so be careful, I can not comment on Konis.... do they make any thing with load rating as that of TL, so I don't know if anything from koni [at least India ] is available ...but they one of the best so it should work, but the dealer could give you some suggestion... if the load is going to be less than they should work ...
Old 7th March 2008, 21:15   #56
BHPian

thanks dinar, im much better now, more or less on my feet again, i asked around regd the leaf removal and konis... not very convincing replies, the more i think about it and speak around the more im getting convinced to pick up an innova... sad but what to do , i got to be practical regd my health....dunno.
Old 8th March 2008, 08:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is a practical solution to your problem, getting something comfy in the first place, the problem with Konis is that they are mainly a retrofit and I do not think that there are many people who can do that job, of fitting them, As I said it suspension is basically hard and one can only do so much to soften it...or you can try your hands at the new Safari 2.2L it's one hell off a car...
Old 4th August 2014, 14:14   #58
BANNED

re: My Tata Telcoline 4x2

This one is mine, recently acquired brand new in 2013
Attached Thumbnails
My Tata Telcoline 4x2-n.jpg  

The King is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 14:52   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
This one is mine, recently acquired brand new in 2013
I think you sold it recently. How much did you sell it for ?
Old 26th March 2019, 09:09   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think you sold it recently. How much did you sell it for ?
Sold it for close to 3L.
The King is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed