Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 11:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Impressed with the gleaming black paint. With the immaculate cream interiors. With the sheer "tightness" of your car.

Anyone can buy a new Honda and enjoy high-revving it. You have yourself a 50 year old classic.

Priceless. Thanks for the unforgettable drive.

GTO

hmmmmm reminds me of an add.

Gleaming black paint -- $400
Immaculate cream interiors -- $1500
a 50 year old classic. --- Priceless... ...

sorry could not resist... your car wins hands down sir... best amby till date..
Old 11th April 2006, 12:41   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Godfather, Have you checked out this link?

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2006, 12:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Yep GTO.. totally agree with you.. its Priceless...Love this place and to tell you the truth.. this is the only forum i am a member of..
Old 11th April 2006, 14:06   #64
BHPian

Awesome!

Hey rudra!

This is unbelievable man! I'm absolutely floored by your beauty...hats off to your dedication! Have you done any work on the exhausts yet?
Old 18th April 2006, 11:10   #65
BHPian

Rudra, I had seen a snap of what I thought only claimed to be your amby, somewhere on this site, and had actually thought it was a brand new car snapped for an ad. I just came across this thread. Its hard to believe that a 1959 car can look so good. From what I gather (others comments), your car looks just as gleaming and cared for now, what with light coloured seats that can get dirty in a week. Replacing fused bulbs and checking engine oils and battery water gets done since its necessary, but I have to admit that my car does have stains on the seats and the head rests, and the floor is dusty. Your car has not only brought back old memories, it has also inspired me to set upon my car this Sunday. I have also seen your thread on cleaning cars, and that too is a great help.
While my earliest memories are of my father's jeep, most of my actual driving started in his Morris 8. It was a tiny car, 1948, with wooden floor boards and a side valve engine but a pretty neat stick shift. My father used to maintain it well. He used to do almost all the mechanical maintenance himself and a friend of mine used to call him HIBO for head in body out, which was how we sometimes found him under the car. Later, as the visits to Mallik bazaar in Calcutta became more and more frequent, he got himself an amby mark 3. Even this car he maintained well (nobody looks after a car as well as you do) and we did long trips in this car. While the front sofa was problematic since you slid across on turns, the rear sofa was the best I have come across yet.
Now I drive a Maruti and FE and reliability is something I keep bragging about to him, but he prefers something he can tinker with all the time, and now that I live in Bombay, I miss those scenes. Your spanking gleaming amby brought a flood of memories that have stopped me from my annual financial closing work to write this.
Kudos to you and your 1959 beauty.
Old 18th April 2006, 13:17   #66
BHPian

Beautifull and well maintained car.............really unbelievable , makes me want to buy an ambassador as well.........keep up the good work rudra.
Old 18th April 2006, 14:09   #67
BHPian

Fantastic Job Rudra sir. I have seen the pictures of your amby before but reading this report was the icing on the cake. Hats off to your dedication and patience.
Old 18th April 2006, 14:11   #68
BHPian

Hi RudraSen,

I always loved Amby from my childhood, and after sitting in a lot newer cars like M800, Esteem, Accent, Contessa.... I used to tell my friends that Amby is by far the most comfortable car.

And after looking at the interirors photo, I just wonder will there be any other which can even come close to this TIMELESS-BEAUTY !!

BTW this is the most beautiful Amby I have seen till date

Congrats and keep it going.
Old 19th April 2006, 05:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

I hate HM for being a powerless car company. they rob their cars of precious power.

But I had forgotten the fact that they are the oldest car manufacturers in India.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:15   #70
BANNED

Hey brilliant review Rudra!

My first ever memories of a car was my dad's 24 year old second-hand Mark III. So many cars later, and I can still remember the tank-like security and comfort of our old Amby.

Sadly, dad eventually "upgraded" (yeah right) to an 800, and sold our baby to his best friend, who promptly crashed it the next day, while taking it back with him to Goa. Was heartbreaking.

I love how you've looked after car. Hope to ride in her some day, it would be like when I was a kid, all over again.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:22   #71
BHPian

Man I am getting nostalgic. Amby's are Great cars. No other car can touch it's backseat comfort. Though the new seats have lost that charm.
It was better those days when the seats were really sofa's made using coir inside them. Yeah it had some issues, but if you took care of it, it always was a winner. And I remember the days when a jugad was enough to get you home in case something went wrong.

Nice car Buddy.

But to be frank I like to keep things like original.

But it is my personal opinion. No offence meant.

But she is really beautifull. Well amby's always had character, you could get your car look sweet, great and even angry. But this is the first amby that's COOOOL.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Mpower : 6th May 2006 at 17:17.
Old 7th May 2006, 20:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow...how could I have missed this thread..? Gaah...

First; Let me appreciate Rudraji for his endless patience and tireless work that has formed the result seen in the pictures. Truly a "white elephant"...

Rudraji, you deserve praises and accolades by the ton. Here we are, used to the start-go-stop routine, without popping the hood for years together, letting the damn electronics go about their suddle job. It takes more than just passion to restore, maintain, modify and (gosh) drive around a classic. A touch of eccentricity*, perhaps. I adore ya.

Great car, nice write-up, astonishingly unbelievable and endless list of upgrades; You have impeccable memory, Rudraji. And yes, lest I forget, nice pics there too, sir.

Hats off to you. Pants off to you. Heck, whatever it takes to show that respect....

*Eccentricity; A trait/term defined as the mad characteristics of the rich. When you have moolah, you ain't crazy, you ain't mad; you're "eccentric"...
Old 7th May 2006, 21:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Pants off to you. Heck, whatever it takes to show that respect"
Hey!! is this the latest among the younger generation these days? I'm sure Rudra would like you to keep those pants on please,.. thanks.

Last edited by Mpower : 8th May 2006 at 03:36.
Old 4th August 2006, 20:34   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

absolutely brilliant stuff...really great to see people spending infinte time, money and energy on "lesser classics"....i thought i was part of a dying breed...glad to see slow and steady progress...

i'd have done things differntly, id have kept the acres of chrome on the original grille, bumper guards, twin circular tail lamps and that "ugly" fuel cap...oh well, to each his own!

brilliant effort in its own right though...may your tribe increase!

cheers
karl
Old 5th August 2006, 12:04   #75
BHPian

Amazing stuff Rudra. Its mindblowing. Would love to see her in person. I just dont have words to describe your will and determination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks