Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2006, 07:12   #76
BHPian

[quote=Rudra Sen] This list may go on but nobody’s interested in Ambassador anymore so I should stop.

You can go.. it's the pleasure of your avid readers.
A very refreshing Amby hope some day I will be able to give my dream some form... Please can you let me have your mechanic's address.
Old 15th August 2006, 21:21   #77
BHPian

too good

Hello,

The review was excellent.I am also an amby fan and i own one but not upto yours mark. want to do lot of things on it however cost, availability and support is a major issue. Happy to see your amby...its awesome but please go for alloys if it works...i mean alignment.

Regards,
Shabeer
Old 7th September 2006, 03:09   #78
BHPian

Hats Off Rudhra

Wow!. I don't know how i missed this thread.simply no words to say. Hats off to you man.
you should invite the HM executives to show case the car.I mean this beauty needs to be published in all Car magazines across india.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:57   #79
NIP
Senior - BHPian

fantastic review from a true-blue car lover !! btw...i saw mr.rudra ripping on the CV Raman (concrete road) last saturday on my way to the airport. the amby looks awesome !!!
Old 17th October 2006, 13:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rudra, I have a complete set of the Smiths meters with me. Let me know if you want them. For a person who keeps his Amby in that kind of shape, its with my best compliments.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:56   #81
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
Hey Rudra, I have a complete set of the Smiths meters with me. Let me know if you want them. For a person who keeps his Amby in that kind of shape, its with my best compliments.
jyobeb...with the new dash and instrument clusters in rudras car, i dont think they would be justified. (imho)
Old 1st November 2006, 16:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

amazing write up @ Rudra da. i just love old beauties. 1100D has one 1969 italian beauty. i hope you have seen it.

oh... you will be coming to kolkata in december naa...!!! u can see her in person.

i have one too but not that old.

take care and drive safe.
Old 1st November 2006, 22:13   #83
BHPian

Better late than never

I guess thats what they say... "Better late than Never"..... many years back bought an Amby for 30 K just for the number 3600 and spent something like 180K on it this was ling time back... had loads of problems with the mating of thr Mador 301 engine that was made for the Amby those days and we lost hope due to the clutch Shudder.... eventhought I visited AMREP the mfrs for those specially made clutches for 301.... We sold the car with an excellent ICE then for a loss of 50K after 3months of driving....but wish it was there today for I know T-BHP has the answers.....
Old 1st November 2006, 22:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
Rudra .... I guess you need to take this offer....This from an old man to one who can do it.....
Old 1st November 2006, 22:26   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181
Rudra .... I guess you need to take this offer....This from an old man to one who can do it.....
Not that I haven't thought about this. But where to fix those meters? I need to change my entire dash back to original. THAT, I'm sure is not available in the market or even in auto junkyard...
Old 1st November 2006, 23:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Not that I haven't thought about this. But where to fix those meters? I need to change my entire dash back to original. THAT, I'm sure is not available in the market or even in auto junkyard...
Ping me the next time I'm home - there are a bunch of fanatical Mark1 and Landmaster lovers in my hometown who maintain their cars so well that they look like they've just come out of the showroom. 3 of them own their own garages - I'm sure they can find an original dash for you. Or build one.
Old 2nd November 2006, 01:51   #87
BHPian

Amazing review. This is what I call true "Passion" for automobiles. We also owned a couple of Ambassadors, though don't remember much. Learnt driving in a petrol amby and must say I was floored by the strength of its third gear.

As far as modifications are concerned, anybody can buy a new car or a second-hand (current generation) vehicle and get some upgrades done by throwing in some moolah. But have never heard of any enthusiast, going to the extent of replacing the engine six times. Not to forget the countless other one-off modifications done to the vehicle. Hats-off to you Rudra.
Old 4th December 2006, 17:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

wheres the new rims and tyres?
Old 4th December 2006, 19:11   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
wheres the new rims and tyres?
Should be in by this weekend or latest next week.
Old 20th December 2006, 15:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Should be in by this weekend or latest next week.
Have they been put sir?? Wpuld love to see some pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks