Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 10:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
How much more would a 1.6 have cost ?

What's the advantage of these features ?

This is more or less a safety feature for others. It restricts engaging the high beam the first time you switch ON. This could be blinding fo the person in your opposite direction.
Old 4th April 2008, 09:25   #17

how is performance of Stile 1.1 in hills and terrains.

As we all know the about the power of palio stile 1.1. I am curious to
know how she performs in hills and terrains.
Has anyone taken her out to himachal's or kashmir's hilly areas.
Has anyone driven in ghat sections and loops.

I am asking because i've zeroed on to buy her.
Old 5th April 2008, 13:13   #18
BHPian

Hi Mana

I haven't driven the 1.1 so just my two lincolns based on my experience with my Palio 1.2 driven in Maharashtra ghats(can't compare to Himachal/Kashmir tho). Yes sometimes if the gradient is steep you will require to downshift or reduce A/C power but overall it will handle most roads. Downshifts can be avoided by keeping the car in correct RPM (maintaining optimum speed for the gear) etc. sometimes. Its build quality means it can go many places other cars cannot. However it will still handle the ghats better than a non-turbo Indica diesel any day.
Other forum members may agree/disagree.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:26   #19
BHPian

well she drives pretty well on ghats and hills tried her on my journey to puna/ shirdi etc ... need to shift down at times to slot 2.
also at times during over taking you need to plan ahead ...
but in general its not like you are left with a want of power ... its ok .. you can live with it ... i have upgraded from a maruti 800 to a palio 1.1 .. so its ok for me .. .now it depends for some people the power might be irritating .,...
anyway i am pretty happy with the ride quality and power is decent ... good for a sedate driver like me ..
mileage is 12 with AC on in city ... not disappointed... a lil ore would be appreciated though
looks wise i think it is the best looking hatch ... even in comfort etc it nice .. i paid 3.65 for base trim .. spent some 35k in music system, sunfilm, seat covers etc..
i am happy with my investment...
one point though please upgrade the tires ... and if possible upgrade to alloys..

happy driving
cheers cheers:
Old 5th April 2008, 21:51   #20

decided. no way Palio stile 1.1 petrol.

Now, Fiat really upsets me. Always thought at least fiat will never let me down.
Man, i am not going to spend 5lac for any dubba (call, maruti, hyundai here) or a machine without power ( call fiat here). BAJAJ is best. I am happy with the VFM, FE, Handling, look of PULSAR. (How could Bajaj managed to get everything under one roof)
Is there anyone who can give me a car with palio's look, stability and maruti/hyundai's VFM, FE in 5lacs budget.

I am not buying any car. I never liked marutis and santros. liked palio but she can't take me to hills & sandy beaches.

Manas.
Old 6th April 2008, 01:15   #21
BHPian

Manasingh,

I guess you are the first person on Team-BHP to have made up your mind so quickly, without fuss. Team-BHP is known for its avalanche of comments and advise, making the decision making more confusing from when you started. But you zeroed in on Palio Stile 1.1 in your first post and then decided that no car is good enough for you in the next post.

Let me tell you, I went from Kalpetta to Ooty - took the disgusting route from Gudalur to Ooty. My Slx climbed the hill without any fuss and I did not have to shift too much either. Anyway, that your mind is made up, best of luck with you Pulsar,bro.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th April 2008, 20:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Manas, if you are having a budget of 5 lacs, you can go for Palio 1.3 MJD or Palio 1.6 (if your running is low), you will have loads of power to climb all the hills et al.
Old 6th April 2008, 20:20   #23
BANNED

It seems he is interested in buying a Bajaj. Unfortunately, the only moving thing with a roof made by them is an AutoRickshaw! Ain't it?
Old 6th April 2008, 20:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Manas, if you are having a budget of 5 lacs, you can go for Palio 1.3 MJD or Palio 1.6 (if your running is low), you will have loads of power to climb all the hills et al.
Rightly said. Buying a 1.1 Ltr and same time cribbing for power . For power hungry like you they have given 1.6 Ltr engine option.
Old 6th April 2008, 20:39   #25
BHPian

go for the 1.3 mjd, worth every penny upgrade to alloys and bigger tires...will atke you to hills and beaches and what not
you get everything, well almost .. abs and airbags excluded... but then india people normally dont spend for these so its fine ...complete package as far is most indians are concerned.

cheers
and about bajaj, no comments :P
Old 7th April 2008, 15:46   #26
BHPian

Hey Manas,
If you are going to travel regularly in places where you need a powerful car better buy a Palio 1.3MJD or 1.6. If you are looking for a car for everyday city travel with maybe weekend outings then 1.1 should fill your needs. Depends on what you want. But a Pulsar never feels out of breath, has better fuel efficiency and good pick-up. So its not exactly a bad idea.
Except that a car might provide better protection from the rain/snow and cold in those hilly regions. :-)
Old 8th April 2008, 12:21   #27

Actually I am neither a power-hungry-driver nor lives in himachal/goa.
I am a normal person who wants a car with adequate power & good FE but she shouldn't go to coma if I take her to sandy beaches/hilly himalayas.
I talked to few Stile1.1 owners on orkut and everybody said it was never a delight to drive in hills,ghats. One has to drive in low gears.
Stile1.1 already less powered in low gears. When in hilly terrain using low gears and that to during initial-run-period would impact big time on engine.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:45   #28
BHPian

umm...well then its so sible :P dont take her to the hills befor ethe run in period. look basically its simple math, for 3.65 or so you get a big on space and comfort hatch, which is well on the lower side for the mileage but its fine, tell us this what car are you driving right ? or the car which you often drive, because if its a mean machine like the palio 1.6 or gets crdi or well cedia or something then ofcourse this will feel slow.
list down your normal usage and requirement and then maybe we can help you decide what car you can opt for etc. for the money the stile worth it. also then you could talk about the depreciation etc,
i would suggest you look at a maruti or something if you are someone who does not want to bother with maintainace, resale, service etc. sure you pay more than what the car is worth but you can have a reliable car with great A.S.S.

cheers
happy driving
tc
Old 8th April 2008, 23:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasingh View Post
Actually I am neither a power-hungry-driver nor lives in himachal/goa.
I am a normal person who wants a car with adequate power & good FE but she shouldn't go to coma if I take her to sandy beaches/hilly himalayas.
I talked to few Stile1.1 owners on orkut and everybody said it was never a delight to drive in hills,ghats. One has to drive in low gears.
Stile1.1 already less powered in low gears. When in hilly terrain using low gears and that to during initial-run-period would impact big time on engine.
... I guess you can think over it once again. There are lots of options with different price/power combination. I am sure that your orkut friends would have told you that it is 'difficult' with 1.1Stile in hilly areas but not 'impossible'. So if thats the case, than you can very well take it to hilly areas and sandy beach and get okay experience. It depands on driver also that how much he likes to drive in ghats and how he drives. As others already mentioned, if you only like the looks and features of Palio Stile than you have 1.3MJD and 1.6 as options. And thats the flexibility... same looks, same feature and different engine options ranging from underpowered 1.1 to superpowe 1.6 - Not many provide this flexibility/options . More importantly, Get yourself a Car, man -any one of so many.. its fun
Old 9th April 2008, 18:07   #30

Thats the problem with Indian mind. we want everything within budget. then why quality has to downgrade.
probably my expectations are lot and in the same time i am not willing to sell out more than 4Lac.
Another positive point being Indian is, ready to compromise at every situation.
btw, this is my 1st car and never drove any car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks