Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 11:36   #46
BHPian

congrats rahul..

she looks really good in red and your pics do justice to her. enjoy her - i've had a palio for over 5 years and nothing comes close to touching her when it comes to comfort, space, refinement and overall as a package.

drive safe man.
Old 16th March 2008, 11:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

No mud flaps for the rear wheels??

BTW nice pics. Get dark tints and keep it clean..

Last edited by kpzen : 16th March 2008 at 11:38.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:43   #48
BHPian

What are your plans in ICEing ?
Old 16th March 2008, 17:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
congrats rahul..

she looks really good in red and your pics do justice to her. enjoy her - i've had a palio for over 5 years and nothing comes close to touching her when it comes to comfort, space, refinement and overall as a package.

drive safe man.
Couldn't agree you more

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
No mud flaps for the rear wheels??

BTW nice pics. Get dark tints and keep it clean..
yeah i hate those cheapo mudflaps...... when i noticed they were fitting mud flap from was already done and they were making holes in the rear bumper, asked to not to fit.

which color tints you guys suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
What are your plans in ICEing ?
do not have anything specific in mind ..... it will take a month or so
Old 16th March 2008, 17:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Beatifully shot pictures !!

The car looks real nice EXCEPT for the interior beige & grey combo. (subjective) Maybe if you dont like it either consider a dashboard re-paint. Other wise the car looks great - enjoy & drive safe. I notice you are running the Yoko ES 100's (great choice)

Cheers
Old 16th March 2008, 17:50   #51
BHPian

Congrats buddy on your getting Lady In Red home.

Make sure you keep your "Need For Speed" under control. Keep the revs below 2500.

Hey i find that my Stile 1.6's rear windows doesn't close completely. Can you let me know if those windows are made that way? or they is some trouble?

Last edited by guyonblackybx : 16th March 2008 at 17:53.
Old 16th March 2008, 18:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
yeah i hate those cheapo mudflaps...... when i noticed they were fitting mud flap from was already done and they were making holes in the rear bumper, asked to not to fit.

which color tints you guys suggest
With 195/60-14 the car looks a little raised in hieght and without mud flaps it looks even more raised. Its better if u get the mud flaps.

Get Llumaar 50 tints..
Old 16th March 2008, 18:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Beatifully shot pictures !!

The car looks real nice EXCEPT for the interior beige & grey combo. (subjective) Maybe if you dont like it either consider a dashboard re-paint. Other wise the car looks great - enjoy & drive safe. I notice you are running the Yoko ES 100's (great choice)

Cheers
thank ricky bhai
initially i didnot like the interiors at all and that the reason i was thinking about the swift but after some time the looks starts to grow on you ..... now i like them better than swift which looks too black and plain jane to me

Yup its ES but i think, i went little overboard with size which is 195/60 ..... should have gone with 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Congrats buddy on your getting Lady In Red home.

Make sure you keep your "Need For Speed" under control. Keep the revs below 2500.

Hey i find that my Stile 1.6's rear windows doesn't close completely. Can you let me know if those windows are made that way? or they is some trouble?

yeah revs are under control and it tough job ...... couple of times i have revved it to 4k RPM, just want to floor it

The rear windows are like that coz there is no space in the door to accomodate them completely, if you see in other car there is quater glass in behind rear window which makes the rear window smaller and that can go down completely because door is big enuf to take them ..... it now a fault, your car is completely healthy
Old 16th March 2008, 18:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
With 195/60-14 the car looks a little raised in hieght and without mud flaps it looks even more raised. Its better if u get the mud flaps.

Get Llumaar 50 tints..
hmmm ..... yeah car looks a bit SUVish from back which i hate completely, i am seaching for good mud flaps but everyone has same OE mud flaps which spoils the looks :(

i am looking for something similar to mud flaps which come with swift, any idea if swift flaps can be fitted to palio with some twisting and cutting ....

how much those tints cost ?? i am very paranoid about fitting them so have to find who can fix them professionally don't want to end up with squeaks and rattles ..... are the tints available only for four door glass i am planning to fix rolling kind of window in the back
Old 16th March 2008, 18:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup its ES but i think, i went little overboard with size which is 195/60 ..... should have gone with 185

but good u stuck to 14" - - 15" and u would have to compromise on profile further and as such ride is stiff and that would make it worse...

so 195/60/14 was good choice...
Old 16th March 2008, 19:13   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yup thinking about that ..... which oil brand you people use ??
I use Mobil 1 5W50.

Quote:
i am also thinking about a spoiler i kinda like the spoiler in SRV ..... any idea if i can get something similar to that ...
The SRV one looks too big IMO, see this for a rough picture of what a spoiler on your car will look like - Team-BHP - View Profile: michael schume
Old 16th March 2008, 19:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Think about the synthetic oil after 10,000 kms.
An engine should be well run-in to be healthy.
Old 17th March 2008, 11:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I use Mobil 1 5W50.

The SRV one looks too big IMO, see this for a rough picture of what a spoiler on your car will look like - Team-BHP - View Profile: michael schume
that one looks too small to me ..... anyways lets see if i find one, i am in no hurry ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Think about the synthetic oil after 10,000 kms.
An engine should be well run-in to be healthy.
yup thats right, will use synthetic only after 10k kms

Anyways went on a ride this sunday, and torque is just too good ...... imagine this 5 people onboard with AC on full blow in chennai heat ...... car in 4th gear at 1000RPM and i pushed the accelerator and it accelerated without any shudder or vibration ..... i was amazed with the torque of the engine, even in 5th it pulls effortlessly from 1200-1500RPM, not want to start a flame war but it will be nightmare for swift owners hehe ..... anyways reached 100 for the first time and car was pretty stable, only once while coming back i took a turn at 90kmph and in the middle of the turn felt the front right wheel has lost traction for 1 sec or so ...... dunno how it happned as i am running on pretty oversized 195/60, turn was 90* but pretty wide and there was no traffic only one indicab which i overtook just before the turn.

About the mileage front i am getting around 10.5-11 with AC with 50% of time, done almost 450kms ...... mostly night driving with very little traffic and recent 100kms drive on highway with speed varying from 40-100 as there was traffic on the highway ...... i have done very less driving in bumper to bumper traffic , max 70-80kms
Old 17th March 2008, 17:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

All tyres should have the recommended tyre pressure. Get it checked and drive safe..
Old 17th March 2008, 17:50   #60
BANNED

Mmmmmm.....

OMG great looking car you've got their.

Enjoy your drive dude.

Ferrari Red
1.6 ltr
Sports engine
Fiat

Mmmuaahhh....

Most Viewed