Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 17:58   #61
BHPian

Rahul, congrats on picking up the 1.6 . The car looks just dazzling !! BTW how much did it come OTR ??
Old 17th March 2008, 18:34   #62
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, without going too much OT, I see that your loan problem finally got resolved. So? How did the turn around happen? Who financed you finally?
Old 17th March 2008, 19:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
All tyres should have the recommended tyre pressure. Get it checked and drive safe..
Right now i am running 29 on all four ..... is it correct pressure ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Mmmmmm.....

OMG great looking car you've got their.

Enjoy your drive dude.

Ferrari Red
1.6 ltr
Sports engine
Fiat

Mmmuaahhh....
thanks pavam I just love to hear ferrari name with my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Rahul, congrats on picking up the 1.6 . The car looks just dazzling !! BTW how much did it come OTR ??
thanks buddy ..... got it for 4.72 with all discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Rahul, without going too much OT, I see that your loan problem finally got resolved. So? How did the turn around happen? Who financed you finally?

yup, at last got the loan from ICICI bank
Old 18th March 2008, 17:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

One more question for Palio 1.6 owners ...

Where does the temp meter stays normally, for me its almost at the middle. just a little down and when driving in heavy traffic sometimes it crosses the middle mark just a little maybe by 1-2mm ..... is it ok or my car is overheating ??
Old 18th March 2008, 19:40   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post

Where does the temp meter stays normally, for me its almost at the middle. just a little down and when driving in heavy traffic sometimes it crosses the middle mark just a little maybe by 1-2mm ..... is it ok or my car is overheating ??
It is the same case in mine as well.
Old 18th March 2008, 20:06   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Palio temperature.

Palio Temperature1
Old 18th March 2008, 20:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this thread. Congrats Rahul.... ahhh those clean Guigiraio lines still rock! Still, the best looking hatch in the country.
Old 18th March 2008, 23:12   #68
BHPian

Quote:

sir whenever such a situation repeats please switch on th AC...

normally needle should always stay below the half mark...
Old 19th March 2008, 12:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mahu View Post
It is the same case in mine as well.
hmmm .... ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
thanks man that was really helpful and good write up too

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
How did I miss this thread. Congrats Rahul.... ahhh those clean Guigiraio lines still rock! Still, the best looking hatch in the country.
thanks extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
sir whenever such a situation repeats please switch on th AC...

normally needle should always stay below the half mark...

errr...... u mean switch off the AC right :-/ ....
Old 19th March 2008, 13:22   #70
BHPian

FYI

In my car, the needle is atleast 25% lower than the halfway mark. AC is always on.

cheers
Old 21st March 2008, 14:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

First problem cropped up ....

yesterday while returning from office i got the car exterior cleaned just by water and when i got home the radiator fan was direct :-/ ...... i parked the car and after 5 mins pizza delivery guys came and told me sir the car parked outside has its engine running ...... i come out heard that the radiator fan is still spinning after 10 mins of idle ...... i switched on the ignition and temps were pretty low, started it again and switched off and same problem, then thot of taking it to the service center, left the hot pizza at home and took the car to the service center while going there i switched off it again in a signal to chk and fan was off :-/ , so come back from there only, will complain about this in the first service , i guess some water went inside but again it was just exterior wash .... anyone knows where the sensor is actually located ??
Old 21st March 2008, 15:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

rahul maybe you should start a new thread for better visibility
Old 21st March 2008, 18:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:

errr...... u mean switch off the AC right :-/ ....
No, it is SWITCH ON THE AC, since the fan runs & hence cools the engine as well..

after switching off the car ( if you have driven the car with AC on before stopping), it is normal for the fan to run for sometime, its not a fault, its a feature...

FIAT, always....
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:25   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First problem cropped up ....

yesterday while returning from office i got the car exterior cleaned just by water and when i got home the radiator fan was direct :-/ ...... i parked the car and after 5 mins pizza delivery guys came and told me sir the car parked outside has its engine running ...... i come out heard that the radiator fan is still spinning after 10 mins of idle ...... i switched on the ignition and temps were pretty low, started it again and switched off and same problem, then thot of taking it to the service center, left the hot pizza at home and took the car to the service center while going there i switched off it again in a signal to chk and fan was off :-/ , so come back from there only, will complain about this in the first service , i guess some water went inside but again it was just exterior wash .... anyone knows where the sensor is actually located ??
Rahul, you have to be very careful while washing the car, especially the engine bay. First rule of all, do not wash the car when it is hot. Let it cool down. Always cover the ECU in the engine bay with a plastic bag. Its a precaution.
Coming to your problem, I can think of two possibilities. First, there is a relay which controls the speeds at which the fan runs. The first speed or stage is till the time your car reaches 97 degrees. The Second stage actuates when the engine temperature is beyond 97 - 98 degrees. Make sure you get this checked. The service station will just connect the FIAT Examiner on your car and bring it to running temperature and monitor it on the Examiner. Once it crossed 97 - 98 degrees you should see the fan running at second speed. Make them do this check in your presence for best results.

When you drive at constant high speeds with engine temperatures above the optimum, the second speed fan keeps running even when you turn off the engine (like how it happened in your case). This has to run for 60 seconds and cut off which is again controlled by the Radiator fan relay. Get that checked. I believe it lost its watch and kept running even after you turned off the engine. Also ensure that your second speed fan doesn't run unnecessarily like when you just do a short 2 kms drive and stop the car.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2008, 11:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
rahul maybe you should start a new thread for better visibility
hmmm .... will start a new thread if the problem crops up again ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
No, it is SWITCH ON THE AC, since the fan runs & hence cools the engine as well..

after switching off the car ( if you have driven the car with AC on before stopping), it is normal for the fan to run for sometime, its not a fault, its a feature...

FIAT, always....
so if the AC runs the fan will run always i don't think so, its controlled through the engine temperature rather than on AC operation . yeah fan running for sometime after switching off the engine is ok but in my case it was running for 10-15mins after i switched off the engine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Rahul, you have to be very careful while washing the car, especially the engine bay. First rule of all, do not wash the car when it is hot. Let it cool down. Always cover the ECU in the engine bay with a plastic bag. Its a precaution.
Coming to your problem, I can think of two possibilities. First, there is a relay which controls the speeds at which the fan runs. The first speed or stage is till the time your car reaches 97 degrees. The Second stage actuates when the engine temperature is beyond 97 - 98 degrees. Make sure you get this checked. The service station will just connect the FIAT Examiner on your car and bring it to running temperature and monitor it on the Examiner. Once it crossed 97 - 98 degrees you should see the fan running at second speed. Make them do this check in your presence for best results.

When you drive at constant high speeds with engine temperatures above the optimum, the second speed fan keeps running even when you turn off the engine (like how it happened in your case). This has to run for 60 seconds and cut off which is again controlled by the Radiator fan relay. Get that checked. I believe it lost its watch and kept running even after you turned off the engine. Also ensure that your second speed fan doesn't run unnecessarily like when you just do a short 2 kms drive and stop the car.

thanks mate for all the suggestion but i didn't got the engine compartment washed as i have already read about it on TBHP how the ECU have to covered with plastic bag before washing the engine bay

will get it chked in first service which i think will be done this week. i have done almost 900kms on the car, went to pondy yesterday, driving down ECR was really nice and weather was too good ..... then i remembered ad of mastercard.

Price of tankfull fuel 2000rs, driving down to ECR priceless
will upload some pics soon

Last edited by Rahulkool : 24th March 2008 at 11:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks