Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-13.html)

Hey thats me n zak.Aha this is an instant report like he has internet in the car.
Yeah, we went to see zak the way to his house is a tokyo drift.Enjoyed a neat wheel spin in his safari on the last hair pin curve.One thing i want to tell it is really comfortable to travel.Not bumpy like Ford Endeavour.On the way back i drove her i like the response of engine.While driving i was enjoying her tourque.Felt like really easy to drive.
Why all are saying that 1st gear has problem,i didnt feel nothing.One thing i didnt like the gap between console and clutch felt it is bit less than normal.
Overall a lovely SUV ooohhh Walou heheee

Hey JK..missed your tread somehow. Congratulations on your new truck. How do you find the interior and exterior fit and finish?

:OT what happened to zak? why is he using a zimmer frame?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajibba (Post 789928)
Hey JK..missed your tread somehow. Congratulations on your new truck. How do you find the interior and exterior fit and finish?

Thanks.

Built quality is definitely good. No rattles till now if it what you wanted to know. Beige seat covers can be an issue in the long run. I have get seat covers soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 790161)
:OT what happened to zak? why is he using a zimmer frame?

8 stitches and hence need it.

Things I need to change/get.

1) front windscreen sunfilm; Though the ac cools, the effect of IR coz of the large screen is just too much.
2) 90/100W.
3) Seat cover. This will have to wait for me but will suggest all dicor owners to get one.

Got 10.5kmpl when I last checked. After 1800, I was mostly doing good speeds and I guess this caused the mileage to fall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 790191)

Things I need to change/get.

2) 90/100W.

Do you need those? Try Osram Silverstar +50% - Tsk had suggested them & I'm pretty happy so far; they are 60/55 so no relays needed & their spread is much better than the stock bulbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 790276)
Do you need those? Try Osram Silverstar +50% - Tsk had suggested them & I'm pretty happy so far; they are 60/55 so no relays needed & their spread is much better than the stock bulbs.

Also, I have got 90/100 and if you go for a new relay, you need to cut the wire to put the new holder and put the cap. otherwise, water enters the headlight. I am facing the same problem after I got 90/100. Now, I am back to 55/60. Is there anyway to do this without cutting the wire as the orginal holder cannot take the load

Quote:

Originally Posted by power ranger (Post 790294)
Also, I have got 90/100 and if you go for a new relay, you need to cut the wire to put the new holder and put the cap. otherwise, water enters the headlight. I am facing the same problem after I got 90/100. Now, I am back to 55/60. Is there anyway to do this without cutting the wire as the orginal holder cannot take the load

You get a kit for this, so without any cutting upgrade to relay can be done. Mine was from Minda IIRC.

JK, this is one of my favourite threads in TBHP. Pls. continue & add pictures of your mods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 790276)

Find one here is the issue. Yet to find a shop (and thanks to job timings) that sells System D or STP!

Anyway, will seek help from other TBHPians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by power ranger (Post 790294)

Worked fine in my Santro BUT had to keep the cover open at the rear of the unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 790380)
You get a kit for this, so without any cutting upgrade to relay can be done. Mine was from Minda IIRC.

A firm called PMP or so too does this. 500Rs for the kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mansidea (Post 790585)
JK, this is one of my favourite threads in TBHP. Pls. continue & add pictures of your mods.

Done.

Now that I have tried some high speed drives, inclines, hair pin turns, I want to do the same on at the same place. Hope Zak recovers fast so that he can try out as I want a feedback from him as he is used to Steers Dicor.

Forgot; its got crappy wipers! Need to buy Bosch asap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 790380)

I understand from the relay part. I have got a relay installed, the question is how do you take the holder through the cap without cutting the cap ?

JK the alloys in white (same body color) would be fantastic.Go ahead with that plan buddie.And what the hell happened to Zak?
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 790770)
Forgot; its got crappy wipers! Need to buy Bosch asap.

If you meant the 3L dicor.. no comments.

The 2.2. has better wiper blades. Mine cleans very well and is silent too (does not squeakcheers:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by power ranger (Post 790791)
I understand from the relay part. I have got a relay installed, the question is how do you take the holder through the cap without cutting the cap ?

Thats the issue I said. You will have to keep it open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 790798)
JK the alloys in white (same body color) would be fantastic.Go ahead with that plan buddie.And what the hell happened to Zak?
ram

See my old post.

About alloys; I am yet to take a nice side shot photo of the Safari. Once I get this I will ask my friend to do a neat PS job for us so that we can debate on the color. Will try to shoot one during my drive to Shertalla this saturday morning.

Guys! Got a joy ride in JK's new truck baby.
As usual, the tires screeched while JK climbed up. My family announced that some Bhpian is coming! And my whole family came down to stop me from joining them. After a few nice words and promises to my mom, I was allowed to proceed. My seat was behind JK and my company (crutches) took it's place in the rear. My cousin was told to be my bodyguard.
JK floored his baby and wow! I was really surprised how well he has got used to this huge piece of vehicle.
The car is very neat and clean. Colour choice is great. Some sort of tints on windows will be good. Would recommend to get the Llumar PP60 frontscreen film too (it offers excellent heat protection without any hindrance to the view).
I'm waiting to see it with the Alloys fit in.
I would suggest to try hypersilver (original colour) first before going white.

Regarding my injury, nothing major!
I got my left leg into a marble step with some good sharp edge. And it ripped off some good piece of flesh from my heel part as deep that my bone started peeping out. Yuck! Yuck! Anasthesia, stitches, injections, blah blah! Now moving with the help of crutches. Today, it's very much improved and I've dumped it and moved on to a walking stick. Couple a days to go before I have to be ready.
@ What do I have to do with Zimmer? Other than that I am a big fan of Hans. Gladiator and Pirates of the Carribeans came to life due to his tunes.

Hope your leg heals soon Zak.
Even an injured leg cant stop you from checking out the new ride, eh?