Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 13:35   #346
Senior - BHPian

A lot of water had flow over here! Seems like everyone is having a go at the mat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
...I think the colour goes well with beige. they are just jealous
Same thought here. I feel the color is not that bad as it is made out to be.

A relative of mine has this kind of mat at their house. Good at taking off dirt; but the best thing is that it is very light on the foot - soft material.

Mmmm... maybe I will get one for my Alto.
Old 6th May 2008, 14:23   #347
BHPian

This is hilarious!!! Steer, your imagination is unparalleled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This is JKdas' truck - you can expect ear studs on the ORVMs.
Old 6th May 2008, 17:04   #348
BHPian

JK, there are good thick custom made mats available as a complete set for the truck. Just check out mine next time.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:49   #349
Senior - BHPian

Odo @ 5490 :)

Two more tank fills, 11~11.24kmpl.

@mans; will call you next time I visit Cochin. Is it coir?
Old 7th May 2008, 15:14   #350
BHPian

last i heard was 2.2 does around 14-15 kmpl. are you sure jk with that figures of yours.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:00   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
last i heard was 2.2 does around 14-15 kmpl. are you sure jk with that figures of yours.
on the highway maybe ... in the city with 100% AC this is normal
my 2.2 is at 12- 12.5
Old 7th May 2008, 16:19   #352
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
Got 8 kpl on highway with speeds between 120-150 kph for extended periods of time, very hard acceleration done in case speed came down and with AC at 2 or 3 setting and outside temperature of 42 degrees.

Otherwise in normal conditions [though not in economical mode] gives anywhere from 10-14 kpl.

In eco mode, and with IOC premium, users have stretched it beyond 15.

Last edited by adc : 7th May 2008 at 16:30.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:56   #353
Senior - BHPian

11 in the city with A/c on always is a good figure for the 2.2.

I got 12kpl on the highway with A/c on always for a 3000kms run.

Routine city runs in bangalore traffic give me 9.5 to 10 max.

I would definitely love to know how people are getting 15kpl
Old 7th May 2008, 19:10   #354
Senior - BHPian

Its still a Xing to me when it comes to driving. I see I lead the traffic most of the time. I overtake whenever possible. I am having fun. Its my stress reliever!

I never drove for FE (tried for 5kms and then gave up twice). During the initial run-in period I got 12plus, this was when I was doing 80kmph max.

I tried System D and I may have gained .25 or so . I discontinued using it I found the manufacturing date a bit old and the engine made a harsh noise when I accelerate fast. The noise is still there and my dealer want me to bring it for a check up as he hasnt come across this sound before.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:43   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I tried System D and I may have gained .25 or so . I discontinued using it I found the manufacturing date a bit old and the engine made a harsh noise when I accelerate fast. The noise is still there and my dealer want me to bring it for a check up as he hasnt come across this sound before.
My experience precisely. I also experienced harsh Krrr.. noise (more than the normal) during sudden acceleration and with system D added to Normal Diesel.

I have discontinued system D since then. I fill up with IOCL Xtra mile or IOCL Normal diesel.

After 3 tanks of IOCL Xtra Mile and light foot (city) driving, the noise level has reduced substantially.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:22   #356
Senior - BHPian

guys, a note from my friend at Tata Motors....

please DO NOT use "premium Diesel" in the 2.2. They have been running tests at the ERC and it seems that use of premium diesel on SOME 2.2s for over 10,000 kms has resulted in FIP malfunction.

they are yet to ascertain whehter this is a problem with the fuesl or the FIP design, but guven the parge % of cars whose FIP packed up on premium diesel, they are inclined to think that it is the fues that is the culprit.

normal diesel has not posed any problem so far and they are still running tests on System D
Cheers

Himanshu
Old 8th May 2008, 14:27   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
guys, a note from my friend at Tata Motors....

please DO NOT use "premium Diesel" in the 2.2. They have been running tests at the ERC and it seems that use of premium diesel on SOME 2.2s for over 10,000 kms has resulted in FIP malfunction.

they are yet to ascertain whehter this is a problem with the fuesl or the FIP design, but guven the parge % of cars whose FIP packed up on premium diesel, they are inclined to think that it is the fues that is the culprit.

normal diesel has not posed any problem so far and they are still running tests on System D
Cheers

Himanshu
This news is quite serious if correct. BGLSRINI has already clocked @ 15000 Km with Premium fuels.

I am however not able to understand the reason for failure in the FIP with Premium fuels. BUT then I do not know the inside story and .
Old 8th May 2008, 15:10   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
This news is quite serious if correct. BGLSRINI has already clocked @ 15000 Km with Premium fuels.

I am however not able to understand the reason for failure in the FIP with Premium fuels. BUT then I do not know the inside story and .

any reason you feel this is not correct

My friend is working at ERC and on his advice, I bought a 3 ltr Safari. He gave me this info only because he knows about T-BHP and wanted to help out owners of the 2.2.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:45   #359
BHPian

Quote:

My friend is working at ERC and on his advice, I bought a 3 ltr Safari. He gave me this info only because he knows about T-BHP and wanted to help out owners of the 2.2.
From what little I know about the internal workings on a FIP, I am not able to understand the reason for failure. (ofcourse if we could know the failure conditions it would help us try to understand )

In any case FIP is supposed to take of adulterated fuels also.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:55   #360
SUV
BHPian

Quote:

[COLOR=black]Its very strange to hear that they are doing this Test Now ....After all the 2.2 was subjected to before Introduction...... I had driven example's which had 60K and 100k+ KM ..... If the FIP / Additive Fuel had issues i am sure it would have cropped up during these tests ... Or is it the Delphi India (known for its quality) who aren’t consistent in QC...?? Remains to be seen ....[/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks