Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 17:23   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
As for the service people I talked to, these things came out:

Totally OT: aare what a good profile snap -Yo whassup, My name is P Hizzle, I'm chillin' in the clizzle with mah homeboy JK Dizzle - the rest of lyrics are on the net!!!
Yo whassup / my name is P Hizzle / I'm chillin' in the clizzle with my homeboy Snoop Dizzle / he's sexy, he's fine, he is the man of our time / I love him, I'm loving the club / I'm serving drinks and I'm a THUG!

Happens now and then in my club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Oil change intervals are for your mental satisfaction. Whatever makes you comfortable should be fine.
More about mental part I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Didn't see the clutch and brake oil change as required at 30k service. Pressure escaping(hissing sound) from the tank is normal.
Ah, they missed it. Bad that I didnt cross check the manual.

Any idea how much these would cost?

And another weekend drive to Shertalla. Felt the car to be more smoother. Felt it to be more happy to do 120 plus.

And again, the no turbo issue! Drove without turbo (I dont feel the turbo kick after 1800 rpm, no krrr krrr too) for 10kms atleast. The car is very smooth without turbo and is very drivable. You miss the sudden power surge though. I am talking it for tie rod change on wednesday and will look into the turbo issue too on that day. And the oils.
Old 16th March 2009, 20:50   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't see the clutch and brake oil change as required at 30k service. Pressure escaping(hissing sound) from the tank is normal.
Service engg said the viscosity was fine and hence there is no need to change.

Got front tie-rods changed under warranty.

Part No: G269946600113; 859.49Rs for two.
Had to pay for pins: FST004; Rs 15.02 for 5.

31K.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:19   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu
Didn't see the clutch and brake oil change as required at 30k service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Jk the service manual clear tells as mentioned below on Page 147 -

Change Clutch & Brake Fluid (Or 2 years whichever is earlier) 30,000 km

Better get this checked at the service station.

Last edited by gowda79 : 24th March 2009 at 12:21.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:55   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure he checked by rubbing the oil between the fingers, if not 30K, there's a 2 yr cap also.

Quote:
Got front tie-rods changed under warranty.

Part No: G269946600113; 859.49Rs for two.
Had to pay for pins: FST004; Rs 15.02 for 5.

31K.
What issues were you experiencing with the front tie-rods that they agreed to change.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:18   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure he checked by rubbing the oil between the fingers, if not 30K, there's a 2 yr cap also.

What issues were you experiencing with the front tie-rods that they agreed to change.
Dadu this is being changed due to the vibration after a speed of 100 and the same has been changed on my vehicle in the 3rd Free Service.

But for Oil change i guess Dadu it needs to be changed, as it is 2yrs or 30K which ever is earlier.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:20   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Dadu this is being changed due to the vibration after a speed of 100 and the same has been changed on my vehicle in the 3rd Free Service.

But for Oil change i guess Dadu it needs to be changed, as it is 2yrs or 30K which ever is earlier.
No vibes above 100kmph or so. Too much noise/and play as if something is loose when you take potholes on cuves .

Bro wanted to take it to Salem so gave for a checkup of brakes as it was making squeak sound and some noise from steering column. TASS calls me up and says they will get my steering column replaced under warranty
Old 30th March 2009, 17:09   #502
Senior - BHPian

Christ dude, they just replace everything on warranty so matter-of-factly. Makes you think na? How much % of the original factory equipment on a Safari is still there when the warranty expires.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:12   #503
Senior - BHPian

thats why we insist that dudes buying a tata car should mandatorily get extended warranty. towards the end of the warranty, You'll still have an almost new car
Old 30th March 2009, 18:40   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Christ dude, they just replace everything on warranty so matter-of-factly. Makes you think na? How much % of the original factory equipment on a Safari is still there when the warranty expires.
Actually a lot of it is also BS by the dealer - JK a check on your vehicle service history at your dealership will tell you exactly what has been changed and how much of it is maaya.

I found this after I was told a whole lot of things had been 'changed under warranty'. Maybe the dealer says this to keep the customer happy thinking that he has brand new parts replaced for free.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:11   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Actually a lot of it is also BS by the dealer - JK a check on your vehicle service history at your dealership will tell you exactly what has been changed and how much of it is maaya.

I found this after I was told a whole lot of things had been 'changed under warranty'. Maybe the dealer says this to keep the customer happy thinking that he has brand new parts replaced for free.
Nothing much till now. I feel the difference coz of tie rode change. The steering had the rattle sound when its on almost full lock and you jump potholes. It was also felt so by Jerrish.

Anyway, point noted. But how can I check?
Old 31st March 2009, 11:18   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing much till now. I feel the difference coz of tie rode change. The steering had the rattle sound when its on almost full lock and you jump potholes. It was also felt so by Jerrish.

Anyway, point noted. But how can I check?
These details are wavilable with any of the Authorised Tata Service, but when i ask them to give the details of my vehicle they were a bit hesitant as these things are confidential and not to be given to the customer.

So thinking of putting a mail to Tata and getting the details from them directly.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:34   #507
BANNED

TASCs have this strange behaviour of not giving you an invoice when everything on that particular job card has been done under warranty. You can still ask and get your copy of the invoice for your records.

Nothing confidential about it - every part replaced on your vehicle is recorded on the system, whether under warranty or not.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:58   #508
Senior - BHPian

Odo @ 38150kms.

Had to buy a wheel cap(alloy cap?).

Bought from Kovai @ 210Rs a piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-12052009-medium-small.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-12052009001-medium-small.jpg  

Old 13th May 2009, 10:05   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had to buy a wheel cap(alloy cap?)
Not sure why, but i prefer the looks of that alloy without that silly looking cap.
Old 28th June 2009, 11:06   #510
Senior - BHPian

Safari 2.2L EX at 41250 kms

Still running on engine oil that was changed at 30k; now the odo is 41k. I think I need to top up a bit BUT

1) hearts says change engine oil
2) if I change, at 45k what will I do?
3) Or top up now and change at 45k?

Tyres should last another 5k atkeast; awesome. My Santro's didnt last thic much!

Made my mind that I will be getting 255's on OE alloys when I need to change tyres.

Most Viewed