Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-43.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2165660)
Crossed 75.5k. Nothing to report. Might need a brake pad change soon.

82k; Nothing to report :)

Changed the engine oil at 78k.

Good going, JK.
So, how long are you planning on keeping the Safari?

I can buy another car/SUV after I built a home :(, so in another two years?

Forgot,completed 3years :)

Odo @ 88k approx

Added two Yokos since one tyre tore during a drive (sidewall hit a sharp stone when taking a curve). The new Yokos adore the front wheels.

There was a booming noise which was easily identified as the wheel bearing noise. Changed both the bearing at front at 750rs approx for each.

I also changed the brake pads at front ; cost me 1600Rs.

And got it ICE'd ( rewired/damped/new speakers)

Odo @ 90000 plus :)

Got 90k service done; had to pay 22k for service + brake liner change

Also got G-Sport seat cover for 10k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2448618)

I also changed the brake pads at front ; cost me 1600Rs.

Good Going Jk.:thumbs up. Did you change the brake pads at TASS? I got it changed recently and was charged approx 3k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkishore_77 (Post 2540712)
Good Going Jk.:thumbs up. Did you change the brake pads at TASS? I got it changed recently and was charged approx 3k.

I didnt expect this and hence they made me change. Wait till you see the bill :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2540647)
Odo @ 90000 plus :)

Hey,
90k, those are a lot!
But I have seen quite a Safaris on Team BHP forums, which have crossed 100k. That makes me wonder how much on a Safari's odo is too much? I mean, how much can you get out of a Safari, and is it a good buy if we jump in a Safari which has crossed say 60k?

Thanks for the updates, JK. Eagerly awaiting the bill, going by your FB updates.
Now those seat covers match the red carpets. :D

Wonderful ownership reports and it is going strong. Seatcover material looks good and it should be durable and comfortable.

When are you going to give breakup for 22K bill? It is huge but considering miles on it, it looks fine.

Someone asked, how much miles is more in Safari? I can say Safari has gem of engine and if well maintained, it can go strong for 3 lakh kilometers. By the way in India only we see cars which have done more than 50K Kms as old. But in abroad many of cars going strong beyond 300,000 kilometers without opening of engine.

So, in my view your engine is still in adolescent stage and it is yet not matured.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacd80 (Post 2540909)
Hey,
90k, those are a lot!
But I have seen quite a Safaris on Team BHP forums, which have crossed 100k. That makes me wonder how much on a Safari's odo is too much? I mean, how much can you get out of a Safari, and is it a good buy if we jump in a Safari which has crossed say 60k?

Yes! helpful if it has EW!
Or if you know a good garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2542401)
Thanks for the updates, JK. Eagerly awaiting the bill, going by your FB updates.

:deadhorse its isn't red . Keep forgetting about bill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2542407)
Wonderful ownership reports and it is going strong. Seatcover material looks good and it should be durable and comfortable.

When are you going to give breakup for 22K bill? It is huge but considering miles on it, it looks fine.

Someone asked, how much miles is more in Safari? I can say Safari has gem of engine and if well maintained, it can go strong for 3 lakh kilometers. By the way in India only we see cars which have done more than 50K Kms as old. But in abroad many of cars going strong beyond 300,000 kilometers without opening of engine.

So, in my view your engine is still in adolescent stage and it is yet not matured.:thumbs up

Seat cover looks good and the material is nice! Looks super nice too!

Have heard about Sumo which has done 5lac on odo but just a clutch change and like my friend who knows that Sumo says he drives it sedately unlike what I do to my Safari. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2542401)

The bill and update :)

Odo @ 91,000km almost.

The clutch issue was back ( was expecting). Got master cylinder changed at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rivandrum.html.

I was charged 2k for the cylinder, 400rs for labour. I am happy.

Also, they got the fog lamps fixed for 120Rs!!! ( 60Rs for bulb holder and 60Rs for a bulb!) .

Mohandas Motors wanted to replace BOTH fog lamp units to fix it! :deadhorse

dude they used GTD! Remember the time kulathunkal used GTD and we asked you to get it filled with GTX-D ?
And they charged you 760 for an oil flush. did you ask for it (remember that as per tata's own website, flush is NOT recommended)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 2567232)
dude they used GTD! Remember the time kulathunkal used GTD and we asked you to get it filled with GTX-D ?
And they charged you 760 for an oil flush. did you ask for it (remember that as per tata's own website, flush is NOT recommended)

Emm I noticed! Will go get it changed. Last time Kulathungal said they bill it so but used the right oil.

Congrats on crossing 90K, JK Das.

Any idea how much this bill would have come down to, if you had Extended Warranty? (I think you do not have EW going by the thread title..)