Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-44.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by verditer (Post 2567668)
Congrats on crossing 90K, JK Das.

Any idea how much this bill would have come down to, if you had Extended Warranty? (I think you do not have EW going by the thread title..)

Not sure. I guess labor/parts price would have been lower.

Odo @ 95k.

Felt AC was weak during noon time and also felt it bad even at night! All looks ok today during my regular morning drive to office.

I also think I need to change all my shock absorbers as I find ride to be too cushy.

Did some high speed drive after ages; pretty happy with what it can do when needed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2629024)
Odo @ 95k.

Felt AC was weak during noon time and also felt it bad even at night! All looks ok today during my regular morning drive to office.

I also think I need to change all my shock absorbers as I find ride to be too cushy.

Did some high speed drive after ages; pretty happy with what it can do when needed :)

Took it to a local AC guy (Cochin Super Coolers, 93493 33315, 0471-2433614 ) to check.

Odo @ 99800

Another oil change; Mobil Delav MX goes in. 8 lt of oil costed 2300Rs.

Might get timing belt kit ( includes 3 bearings ) changed next month. Estimate is 7k which I think is very reasonable.

Nice!

Mobile Delav MX is a Synthetic oil? guess i need to stick to TATA recommended oil till am done with the warranty?

Timing belt kit seems to be very reasonably priced , i think for both my previous cars, OHC and Adventure it was more then 10k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2760183)
Odo @ 99800

Another oil change; Mobil Delav MX goes in. 8 lt of oil costed 2300Rs.

Might get timing belt kit ( includes 3 bearings ) changed next month. Estimate is 7k which I think is very reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2760196)
Nice!

Mobile Delav MX is a Synthetic oil? guess i need to stick to TATA recommended oil till am done with the warranty?

Timing belt kit seems to be very reasonably priced , i think for both my previous cars, OHC and Adventure it was more then 10k.

nope mobil delvac mx is not synthetic its normal mineral oil the synthetic version is delvac 1 retails for about 850 a litre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild (Post 2760395)
nope mobil delvac mx is not synthetic its normal mineral oil the synthetic version is delvac 1 retails for about 850 a litre.

:thumbs up

Odo @ 100,800kms !

Congrats JK! That's a major milestone indeed!

So, what are your future plans regarding the Safari? Would you continue to retain it, or is there a replacement/upgrade planned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2763841)
Congrats JK! That's a major milestone indeed!

So, what are your future plans regarding the Safari? Would you continue to retain it, or is there a replacement/upgrade planned?

Wish you were here so that I can take you for a drive in it to show how good/issue free/etc it is till now. I am a very happy with it till date and hence will be retaining it.

I cannot think of another vehicle other than the new Safari now and I do wish and pray that feel/quality of parts looks more premium in it.

Else, a Jetta if I have money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2763895)
Wish you were here so that I can take you for a drive in it to show how good/issue free/etc it is till now. I am a very happy with it till date and hence will be retaining it.

I cannot think of another vehicle other than the new Safari now and I do wish and pray that feel/quality of parts looks more premium in it.

Else, a Jetta if I have money.

You can always drive down to Bangalore. :D

That said, good to see a happy ownership experience. With regards to moving to a Jetta, do you think you would be comfortable after being used to the high seating position?

Odo @ 1,020,00 ish.

Got timing belt changed at local garage. Total cost 3k. The belt costed 2.2k and rest for labour. I also had to get my front disk cleaned. The guys told me that bearing were in good shape ( maybe coz I had those changed during the recall).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2835992)
Odo @ 1,020,00 ish.

Got timing belt changed at local garage. Total cost 3k. The belt costed 2.2k and rest for labour. I also had to get my front disk cleaned. The guys told me that bearing were in good shape ( maybe coz I had those changed during the recall).

Hi Jkdas, any idea how much does changing the wheel bearing costs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsteer (Post 2843141)
Hi Jkdas, any idea how much does changing the wheel bearing costs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2448618)
Odo @ 88k approx

Added two Yokos since one tyre tore during a drive (sidewall hit a sharp stone when taking a curve). The new Yokos adore the front wheels.

There was a booming noise which was easily identified as the wheel bearing noise. Changed both the bearing at front at 750rs approx for each.

I also changed the brake pads at front ; cost me 1600Rs.

And got it ICE'd ( rewired/damped/new speakers)

There! It was done at a local Tata garage and hence this price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2843146)
There! It was done at a local Tata garage and hence this price.

Thanks, you seem to be patronizing the local garages. I too get a booming noise in the Safari, so I guess I need to change the bearings

Hi Jkdas. Congrats on crossing 1 lac km. You seem to have a descent monthly run. If possible please share your local mechanic info if he is in EKM. Would like to give a visit.
How much did your OE tyres last?