Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-47.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3098779)
With Torque lite I just get Load from the engine. The Liva however shows everything. I guess I need to try the fun2drive app

Do update if you where able to save data in fun2drive.

And how many times would you have done whole suspension work?
How many times were your Safari's ball joint, centre link etc changed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameaa (Post 3090918)
Hi JK, Blocking or reducing suction from outside is pretty easy. The opening is inside the black fairing which sits below wiper arms below the front windsheild. You have to remove the wiper arms and then remove four screws for the fairing to come out. You can see the intake which already has a wire mesh. You can stick a sponge or a similar filter which can filter and same time reduce or filter the air which goes in. The screws are covered with rubber grommets which will come out if you poke with a screwdriver. Hope this helps..

Many thanks for the post.

Hope this helps the rest. Vitamin helps Safari too :P

1) The screws. You need a Philips screw driver and a spanner.

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-1.jpg

2) The wiper's nut without the rubber cover

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-2.jpg

3) The hidden screw after the bush was popped out

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-3.jpg

4) The mesh and leaves!

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-4.jpg

5) Some vitamins

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-5.jpg

I am yet to drive after this job. Can do only next week I guess. Will keep update once I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3099838)

So this is how you became a distinguished BHPian Das. :) Excellent illustration/images to do this How-to. I will not use the 'Vitamin' thingy and use a card to completely block the port. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3099838)

5) Some vitamins

Attachment 1075669

Thanks JK... I popped open mine and guess what. Crocin strip helps safari too :uncontrol. Just like your picture on the mesh with Vitamins, the Crocin strip fits perfect.

Cheers.
Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3098812)
Do update if you where able to save data in fun2drive.

And how many times would you have done whole suspension work?
How many times were your Safari's ball joint, centre link etc changed?

Will update when I get to use fun2drive
As for suspension, ball joint, center link, I have lost count of the number of times I have had to work on these.

So got the second suspension overhaul at 1,14,500km. Cost me 16,900Rs inclusive of front brake pads, a rear fog lamp and a pair of mud guard ( this looks nice).

Will post the split later.

Back to reclaiming :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3145169)
So got the second suspension overhaul at 1,14,500km. Cost me 16,900Rs inclusive of front brake pads, a rear fog lamp and a pair of mud guard ( this looks nice).

Will post the split later.

Back to reclaiming :)

waiting for split
Was it done at T.A.S.S or outside ? Also 16900 for both front and rear ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3163346)
waiting for split
Was it done at T.A.S.S or outside ? Also 16900 for both front and rear ?

Just the front + brake pads + rear fog lamp (675rs) + mudflap(265rs).

I get all my service done from outside since I dnt have EW. Major services were done at TASS though for the sake of warranty/resale/claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3165532)
Just the front + brake pads + rear fog lamp (675rs) + mudflap(265rs).

I get all my service done from outside since I dnt have EW. Major services were done at TASS though for the sake of warranty/resale/claim.

Thanks JK.

Actually I went for wheel alignmnet and the guy told me there is a play in front left wheel . Showed it to a garage near to my office and guy showed that play is due to lower arm bush and gave fat estimate for front suspension.
I was sure that T.A.S.S will have similar diagnosis so on saturday took the vehicle to another FNG and this chap simply tightned a bolt below lower arm
after removing the pin and play seems to be fixed. He refused to charge any moeny for this as well and asked me to drive for few days.
I have done around 50 KM afte this but problem has not resurfaced till now. I am hoping that it was just a loose nut.

After this experience I am thinking about oil change and normal service outside

Couple of more questions since you maintain your vehicle outside A.S.S
Can you please tell me brand of the oil filter you are using ?

The FNG guy suggested purolite but I am not convinced because IIRC for 2.2 VTT oil filter was different. I got the part number on the Safari 2.2 VTT thread but could not find OEM for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3165558)
T

The FNG guy suggested purolite but I am not convinced because IIRC for 2.2 VTT oil filter was different. I got the part number on the Safari 2.2 VTT thread but could not find OEM for the same.

The Safari has the tendency to make the nuts loose, especially the suspension nuts go loose every 7.5K kms. I had this experience that even after suspension work and new tyres the alignment was not getting right. Then, went to my mechanic and he tightened the nuts, to which the alignment guy was referring as play in the wheel. The problem vanished after that. Get the suspension nuts tightened by alignment guy before correcting the alignment.

[quote=amitk26;3165558]Thanks JK.

Actually I went for wheel alignmnet and the guy told me there is a play in front left wheel . Showed it to a garage near to my office and guy showed that play is due to lower arm bush and gave fat estimate for front suspension.
I was sure that T.A.S.S will have similar diagnosis so on saturday took the vehicle to another FNG and this chap simply tightned a bolt below lower arm
after removing the pin and play seems to be fixed. He refused to charge any moeny for this as well and asked me to drive for few days.
I have done around 50 KM afte this but problem has not resurfaced till now. I am hoping that it was just a loose nut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3165558)

It's Purolator IIRC. You can always buy an oil filter over the counter from the ASC and get the oil changed outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2062357)
Bought a new Amaron Hi-Way battery for 4500Rs (got almost 1000RS for old one). This was bought from the Amaron Trivandrum dealer.

Pix of old and new battery. Old one had 18 months warranty and the Hi-Way has 2 year.

Battery showing signs of old age. Its refusing to start after I parked today. Had similar issue in the morn but it cranked after few min of waiting.

Will go jumpstart it for now using a Fortuner and will buy new one tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3097863)
Got two MRF Wanderers for 6600 per tyre.

Hi JK, Can you give a feed back on Wanderers? Mine is due for a shoe change. I was looking at better wet road performance and less road noise since i travel more on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameaa (Post 3459013)
Hi JK, Can you give a feed back on Wanderers? Mine is due for a shoe change. I was looking at better wet road performance and less road noise since i travel more on highways.

'Think' Yokos grip better. I might get rest too changed to Wanderers soon though :)

Give me a week's time

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3469479)
'Think' Yokos grip better. I might get rest too changed to Wanderers soon though :)

Give me a week's time

JK dada, how is performance of wanderers in terms of ride quality, noise on highways and handling at good speeds? How will compare it with OEM BS Duellers 689? and Mitchelin L Cross?

Also pl. respond to my query on 'All about Safari tyres' thread. Link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-tyres-50.html