Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-49.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrANTO (Post 4245135)
I sold my Safari VX 4WD four months ago with 163000km on the Odometer and bought an elite i20 diesel Asta (o). Primary reason for the sale was my long standing neck problem ( cervical spondylosis) which got aggravated due to the my daily commute of 60-70 km in Safari.

Am I happy? YES and NO

YES-- I don't have any neck pain now (thanks to super light steering wheel). i20 is refined,efficient,safe with 6 airbags and overall 2 notches up above safari in terms of quality.

NO-- Because somehow it doesn't connect with me the way safari did. Everybody who knows me still refers to me as " that guy with red safari". It evokes a great sense of pride knowing that you belongs to a minority of Tata Safari owners.

Will you buy Safari once more? NO. I had a great time with my SUV and that is it. Life moves on and our priorities changes over time. Driving a mammoth sized, fuel guzzling SUV notorious for reliability issues doesn't excite me anymore.It is an overkill for an average petrol head like me.

adding a few pictures taken at the last day of ownership just 5 minutes before handing over to the new owner.

I am happy with the ownership side of my Safari and its FE ( 11-12 for my driving style in city). I did like i20 petrol but the i20 diesel didnt meet my expectation. The only issue now I face is to find a buyer :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4265013)
I am happy with the ownership side of my Safari and its FE ( 11-12 for my driving style in city). I did like i20 petrol but the i20 diesel didnt meet my expectation. The only issue now I face is to find a buyer :(

I saw your ad in team bhp. Frankly speaking for the price you have quoted,you will find it difficult to sell your SUV. 1.5 lakh km on ODO, EX variant (vx is easier to move), 2WD (surprisingly demand for 4WD safari is more in used market) and after all a TATA product. I was in a similar situation 6 months ago.

Regarding i20, it is car you buy with your head not with your heart ( quite opposite of Safari). It met all my requirements and I am happy now. I am planning to buy a Mahindra Thar in the near future to satisfy my heart stupid:

JK i have no idea how you could like a petrol i20, especially coming from a safari. My father in law has a petrol top end one. Ride quality and interiors are amazing but the engine was so gutless compared to even my 10 year old indica. I once got the front wheels in a small rut while taking a u turn in kochi, and had to rev the nuts off it to come out

Sold my Safari to First Choice via the Hyundai dealership which whom I had booked by Verna. I didnt get a good deal coz I wanted to close the deal asap. I did take out the amps and sub though. Would have retained it if it had gone to someone I know .

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4283571)
Sold my Safari to First Choice via the Hyundai dealership which whom I had booked by Verna. I didnt get a good deal coz I wanted to close the deal asap. I did take out the amps and sub though. Would have retained it if it had gone to someone I know .

Can you please tell the price you got. If not here, atleast through PM.