Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 760711)
Manual says: till 1000- 1500Kms dont go more than 2000 rpm.

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Are you sure about the manual?

My manual reads "for the first 1500 - 1800 KM, do not exceed 110 Kmph in 5th gear etc...". This comes to around 2500 rpm.

Just giving you a hint so that you can stretch your speed limits a bit more :)

JK,i think you cant add lumbar support.It comes standard on the high end variants,else you have to change the seats.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 766063)
Ok just a word of caution, while you zig zag, keep in mind beast is taller and heavier than your previous tall boy.

Rather scary watching this from behind. :D

Weight and height needs time to get used to, is my humble thought. Enjoy the drive and congratulations on your purchase again.

I dont zig zag like I did with the Xing, actually cant! What I meant was it is manuverable that I thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 767965)
@Jk- where you travelling south towards cherthala on good friday afternoon? thought i saw you near thottapally!

No re. Wasnt me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suncity (Post 767966)

My manual reads "for the first 1500 - 1800 KM, do not exceed 110 Kmph in 5th gear etc...". This comes to around 2500 rpm.

#$% Need to check this! Max I did was 80kmph till now in 5th.:Frustrati
Touched 100kmph for 1-2sec once, thats all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 768042)
JK,i think you cant add lumbar support.It comes standard on the high end variants,else you have to change the seats.
ram

Mine has. Think even LX has. I want it to be OE for all cars!

Where is ben? He wanted pix :)

Yes JK,easy on the steering buddie.Its a heavier car and taller too.But on the contrary its damn stable on the straights.
ram

I've been waiting to know this - Do you feel a lack of power in the 1st/2nd gear at all? I drove a Scorpio 2.6 the other day, and it lunged forward like a hungry beast on ALL gears whenever I pushed the accelerator even a slight bit.

@JK

Photos are stunning.

Where is this road in your 3rd photo ? narrow road and lush green trees with the safari makes the photo real good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suncity (Post 767966)

Did my first 100 today:) You should have told me before!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 768383)
I've been waiting to know this - Do you feel a lack of power in the 1st/2nd gear at all? I drove a Scorpio 2.6 the other day, and it lunged forward like a hungry beast on ALL gears whenever I pushed the accelerator even a slight bit.

Will revert after I cover 1800. Though will be easy with engine till then.

Or did you mean, is first and second gear short? First is. Yet to check the second one to its full potential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 768407)
@JK

Photos are stunning.

Where is this road in your 3rd photo ? narrow road and lush green trees with the safari makes the photo real good.

Kurianadu..on the way to Pala. M.C. Road.

JK,

zimbly zuper photos!

The location is perfect to reclaim your life... reminds me of the trip to Wayanad I did a couple of yrs back... the twisties between mudumalai and Sultan Bhattery thru the tea estates..

@jkdas

great pics and the location is even better

First is only to push the safari

Second to warm it up for the flight

And the rest are history :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 768383)

Quote:

First is only to push the safari

Second to warm it up for the flight

And the rest are history :)
And, if I am not mistaken, you have the new 2.2. Sssoooo, it does mean that the pick up is not good, at least nowhere good ('killing' is the word) as the new Scorpio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 768407)

Take the road map of Kerala. Put you finger on any one of the state highways or secondary roads. This could be ANYWHERE there.:D

Thanks Guys:)

Nice one Dadu.

Mission_Safari; as Steer said, its just another road to one's house.

JK, nice pics. The Safari really looks at home there.

I see you got a fancy number. Paid extra for that?