Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 16:08   #196
BHPian

JK
a tint is nessecary on the safari else it tooks half naked in my opinion
here are a few pics of my safari (pearl white with a tint and alloys)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...arl-white.html
Picasa Web Albums - Ankush - safari n accent
Old 10th April 2008, 17:01   #197
Senior - BHPian

whatcanthisbe; I do have tints but they happen to be of very light shade:( This was part of the dealer and I said I wanted light ones. Wanted light tints as I was new to a SUV and hence to keep a tag in traffic.

I plan to get darker ones for the rear and last window glasses along with one for the front windscreen.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:49   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wanted light tints as I was new to a SUV and hence to keep a tag in traffic.
Good decision.

Quote:
I plan to get darker ones for the rear and last window glasses along with one for the front windscreen.
...for the front windscreen? Haven't seen many vehicles with film on the front windscreen - doesn't seem to look good either (IMHO only - no offence). Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11th April 2008, 02:32   #199
BANNED

Stick to the most transparent ones for the frontscreen. Will save a lot of hassles from the cops too.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:19   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the issue I said. You will have to keep it open.
Then whats the point ? The water enters the headlight and causes more damage. I tried this and now I have reverted to 50/65.
Old 11th April 2008, 19:08   #201
ajibba

JK good to know that you don’t have any rattles in the truck. In one of the Pictures you posted earlier (the one below) bonnet alignment doesn’t seem to be right. There is a gap between the right headlight and the bonnet while its not there on the left. Any particular reason for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-dscf7138.jpg  

(1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2008, 19:28   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajibba View Post
JK good to know that you don’t have any rattles in the truck. In one of the Pictures you posted earlier (the one below) bonnet alignment doesn’t seem to be right. There is a gap between the right headlight and the bonnet while its not there on the left. Any particular reason for this?
Its partly due to the angle of the photograph - it also appears that the left side is albeit lower than the right but I don't think that's the actual case
Old 11th April 2008, 19:36   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Stick to the most transparent ones for the frontscreen. Will save a lot of hassles from the cops too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Good decision.

...for the front windscreen? Haven't seen many vehicles with film on the front windscreen - doesn't seem to look good either (IMHO only - no offence). Correct me if I'm wrong.
Think you missed the front windscreen sunfilm thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Its partly due to the angle of the photograph - it also appears that the left side is albeit lower than the right but I don't think that's the actual case
Think so. Thanks Suman.

Anyway if I go and check now it will be a tight fit now as I had one of my colleague lying on the bonnet for a photo shoot. The picture you quoted was taken just after I had opened the bonnet to see whats inside

I went to TASS today morning. Maybe I spend 20min max to confirm that my Safaris clutch was alright. Jerish felt it had an issue, guess his driving style.

Do you know:

1) You get free service/checkup if an issue that was supposed to be fixed popped back up within 3000kms or one month whichever is earlier.

2)On time delivery;else 10% off labour charge!

3) Call from Tata Call Center or so on the 4th day after you receive your car.

These are some of the things TASS should follow.
Old 11th April 2008, 19:57   #204
ajibba

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Suman, I wouldnt say its due to the angle of Photograph. You can clearly see water droplets hanging there on the right , while its absent on the left side.

Old 11th April 2008, 23:40   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Think you missed the front windscreen sunfilm thread

Think so. Thanks Suman.

Anyway if I go and check now it will be a tight fit now as I had one of my colleague lying on the bonnet for a photo shoot. The picture you quoted was taken just after I had opened the bonnet to see whats inside

I went to TASS today morning. Maybe I spend 20min max to confirm that my Safaris clutch was alright. Jerish felt it had an issue, guess his driving style.

Do you know:

1) You get free service/checkup if an issue that was supposed to be fixed popped back up within 3000kms or one month whichever is earlier.

2)On time delivery;else 10% off labour charge!

3) Call from Tata Call Center or so on the 4th day after you receive your car.

These are some of the things TASS should follow.
Jk did u check the clutch?Are you sure its because of my driving style?
Old 13th April 2008, 21:28   #206
Senior - BHPian

Odo @ 2950kms

An update about braking .

Back from a drive from Shertalla. I counted 22 merc plus a BMW in 2hrs 30min or less, the time I took to reach Trivandrum. If I can count 22 Merc imagine how the traffic was.

Brakes are good. Did lot of crazy last minute braking as I had to teach an Innova driver a lesson or twice . And then with an Endeavor. I felt damn confident with the braking style. Never ever felt it drift to any side. It was pretty stable and maintained a straight line. I did hear tyres making the noise when you do hard braking, maybe I should have upgraded the tyres. but hei, I am doing it soon.

Engine.

Awesome. Went till 4k in 3rd gear or so. I dont remember. I did 140kmph when I could just for fun on clear roads(read 4 way road to Cochin fom Shertala).

On my ride back to Trivandrum, I had fun with the Innova and later an Endeavour. It was fun seeing the Endeavour getting tiny every time I intend it to! This guy didnt want to overtake me after once I showed him what a 2.2L can do, braking/handling and in gear acceleration.

I also do zigzag in my Safari coz I know how she handles now. Maybe I have said this earlier, I zig zag it the way I used to do it with my Xing. Xing with those Pontenza G111 rocked. Braking handling on turns were excellent in Xing with those tyres. Maybe I can do turns at more higher speeds than what I can currently do now. This doesnt mean Safari cant take turns at high speeds,it can. It can (and will) do it.

People, dont under estimate the 2.2L; maybe its the driver maybe its way we trust each other , me and my 2.2L . Pray and hope Tata done fail me.

Mileage 11.5kmpl on 4th tank fill.

And, still no funny rattles @ 3000Kms .

I will have 4 tyres for sale as I will be upgrading. Anyone interested?

Last edited by jkdas : 13th April 2008 at 21:29.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2008, 21:35   #207
BHPian

Quote:
I will have 4 tyres for sale as I will be upgrading. Anyone interested?
I maybe interested, probably its the only way I can get my hands on the beast. Buy the tyres first, then the tints, then the camera, etc.

On a serious note, its good that you're getting the hang on the beast and are enjoying it to the fullest. I pray too that Tata does not fail you and the best does not fail on you. Keep it coming.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:41   #208
Senior - BHPian

I would personally advise you to show some restrain.

No, the safari cannot handle like a Santro due to its size, weight and GC therefore dont let it fail you to prove that.

Quote:
I also do zigzag in my Safari coz I know how she handles now. Maybe I have said this earlier, I zig zag it the way I used to do it with my Xing. Xing with those Pontenza G111 rocked. Braking handling on turns were excellent in Xing with those tyres. Maybe I can do turns at more higher speeds than what I can currently do now. This doesnt mean Safari cant take turns at high speeds,it can. It can (and will) do it.

People, dont under estimate the 2.2L; maybe its the driver maybe its way we trust each other , me and my 2.2L . Pray and hope Tata done fail me.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:46   #209
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari 2.2 4x2 EX. Pearl White.

Some pix I took. Its supposed to be summer but :(

The last one is "Vishu Kani" for my friends at TBHP. Happy Vishu Guys
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-rdscf7244.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-rdscf7245.jpg  

Attached Images

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2008, 22:00   #210
BHPian

Terrific Snaps, jkdas! Safari in a Vishu mood :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks