Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2008, 17:51   #316
Senior - BHPian

I think it is not the VTT since fuel should have no affect on the VTT in reduction/ Increase of noise.

It seems more like the tappet combined with engine knock (thats were the "right kind of" fuel can make the difference).

Btw, I did not notice it before my purchase in the TD vehicle, so something has changed on the assembly line.

I found it the least by using Mp6ty amongst all other combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post

It cannot be the drive train / gearbox because we can replicate this noise even during idling in neutral.

I think that is is related to the VTT. VTT has floating bearing lubricated by filtered engine oil. I think that during sudden acceleration, the oil lubricatation to the bearings reduce for a fraction of time resulting in the turbine spindle being offset which results in the turbine blades rubbing on the casing.
Old 28th April 2008, 09:30   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I think it is not the VTT since fuel should have no affect on the VTT in reduction/ Increase of noise.

It seems more like the tappet combined with engine knock (thats were the "right kind of" fuel can make the difference).

Btw, I did not notice it before my purchase in the TD vehicle, so something has changed on the assembly line.

I found it the least by using Mp6ty amongst all other combinations.
Your logic is unbeatable. Sometimes I am reminded of Clutch Chatter when I hear the noise.
BUT then you do hear the same noise during idling in neutral and you jam the accelerator. This cannot be due to clutch as the clutch is not engaged then.

I also do not recollect it during the TD and I had a 50 Km TD

Last edited by kingshukt : 28th April 2008 at 09:32.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:01   #318
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Like I said.. i am running 265/65 on Stock rims.. and no issues yet.. Not all cars are like the santro.. we are talking massive 16 inchers.. That should technically come up to where your RVM is.
You are running wider tyres than permitted by tyre manufacturers for your rim size. That is, in general, not advisable taking into account all factors. And it has nothing to do with Safari vs Santro.

Last edited by rks : 28th April 2008 at 20:02.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:03   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You are running wider tyres than permitted by tyre manufacturers for your rim size. That is, in general, not advisable taking into account all factors. And it has nothing to do with Safari vs Santro.
rks has a point here. it might be dangerous at very high speed and very long duration at that.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:30   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
JKD,
Can u post a pic of this carpet material... thanks
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

No no no.. for the love of GOD dont put rexin.

I am running 265/65 on my dicor.. no Issues yet..

Like I said.. i am running 265/65 on Stock rims.. and no issues yet.. Not all cars are like the santro.. we are talking massive 16 inchers.. That should technically come up to where your RVM is.

Goddy
Thanks for your input. What I meant was art leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
JK - you may have to take the tyres to New Bharat and have rks's glasses removed from them. And maybe a few of his optimized rims too.

Otherwise you shouldnt have an issue as they were used for less than a year and the abuse really started after the Michelins came in.

In any case they dont cost you anything so try them on and if you dont like them throw them away (which would be a pity as they are still pretty unused).

You wont have to make any changes to your wheelwell if you use the stock rims because they fit very well. Go to 7J and you will have to do some cosmetic work and chopping off inside the front wheelwells else the tyres will rub against the bodywork.
Will put once v1p3r send it over. Seems it can be courier only till Cochin. Once it arrive I will drive down and get it fittted. I presume your Dicor is at Cochin and hence I can swap my spare tyre for the 4th Falken tyre.

Will ask Nikki if he can get the alloys painted gun-metal or if he can get it chromed. Maybe he can get t anodized at his factory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Remember! He has to always run it over-inflated to gain the maximum benefit out of it. LOL!

When are the tires arriving?
For real?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !-scf7309.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 28th April 2008, 20:36   #321
BHPian

Jyoti, this carpet material is the same that is sold by Kurl-on with the brand name DuroTurf? It looks similar to me. It has a grassy finish and the back is rubberised??

Choice of color could have been better na?

Correction:
The duro turf is made by a company called Shalimar Packaging.
Welcome To Shalimar Packaging Pvt Ltd!

Last edited by SumitB : 28th April 2008 at 20:46.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:10   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Jyoti, this carpet material is the same that is sold by Kurl-on with the brand name DuroTurf? It looks similar to me. It has a grassy finish and the back is rubberised??

Choice of color could have been better na?

Correction:
The duro turf is made by a company called Shalimar Packaging.
Welcome To Shalimar Packaging Pvt Ltd!

Yes, I think mine's the same brand.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:54   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seems it can be courier only till Cochin. Once it arrive I will drive down and get it fittted. I presume your Dicor is at Cochin and hence I can swap my spare tyre for the 4th Falken tyre.

Will ask Nikki if he can get the alloys painted gun-metal or if he can get it chromed. Maybe he can get t anodized at his factory!
1. Its not courier but BUS. The regular Cochin-Bangalore buses carry cargo for 100 bucks, and that is how it will land up. You have to collect it from their offices.

2. Yes truck is in Cochin, presently with my wife. Call on my regular number.

3. CHROME?? Are you nuts?

4. Anodising is a good option. Check it out.

5. You dont want the inside of your truck looking like Little Shenoy's, do you? Lose the RED.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:57   #324
BHPian

Hmm, how do you clean it? Vacuum or is it easy to take it out and shake the dirt off? Didnt you get mats from the dealer?
Old 28th April 2008, 22:03   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
3. CHROME?? Are you nuts?
You took the words out of my mouth.. JK whats wrong with u?

Get the alloys painted in red. It will match the floor mats.
Old 28th April 2008, 22:11   #326
rippergeo

Is there a choice of colour? I love the material. my swift needs better carpets.
BTW- jkdas- dont listen to them , I think the colour goes well with beige. they are just jealous

Old 28th April 2008, 22:14   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Is there a choice of colour? I love the material. my swift needs better carpets.
BTW- jkdas- dont listen to them , I think the colour goes well with beige. they are just jealous
Ripper, check out the website I posted for Shalimar Packaging. The colors available are Grey, Blue, Orange, Green, Red and also Black.

Jyoti, the best color for your beast would be black or grey. Get rid of the red man, it really makes your truck look gay
Old 28th April 2008, 22:22   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
You took the words out of my mouth.. JK whats wrong with u?

Get the alloys painted in red. It will match the floor mats.
or maybe a chrome lining on the floor mats to match the alloys
Old 28th April 2008, 22:26   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
or maybe a chrome lining on the floor mats to match the alloys
This is JKdas' truck - you can expect ear studs on the ORVMs.
Old 28th April 2008, 22:32   #330
Team-BHP Support

You could even get red sunfilm. lol.

Most Viewed