Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 19:26   #121
BHPian

can you post a review now?
how does the car feel two years into ownership?

cost of ownership?
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:27   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
can you post a review now?
how does the car feel two years into ownership?

cost of ownership?
Well I will make it short for you. Its a great car to drive. Suspension set up needs a bit more tweaking for a more planted feel. Car is feeling still the same as I haven't used it much . Its done only 20K till now.

This has been a car I had always loved though I would like to do a small cosmetic surgery to make it look more appealing and aggresive. Work is not permitting to spend time on this car . I would be carrying out a small makeover job soon.
Old 1st September 2012, 01:13   #123
Senior - BHPian

Update 2012

Update

The car has done close to 27000Kms. Its not given any troubles till date. Service schedules have been strictly adhered to. Engine oil has been replaced every 7500Km with complete flushing out of the older oil. Each service bill comes to approximately Rs.8000 including parts (2nd service).

Pros :
  • Very smooth engine that redlines without a fuzz.
  • Steering response is very encouraging for hard driving.
  • Frnnt seats are very comfortable for long drives
  • Driving in 2~3K RPM can give you upto 13km a litre with AC on.
  • Interior build quality is solid and every part has a build to last feel to it.
  • Easy to find a great driving position interms of visibility / comfort.
  • Non complicated to trouble shoot a problem unlike the current gen cars with a hundred warning lights.
  • Confidence inspiring braking system.

Cons :
  • Engine should have been retuned for higher power delivery.
  • Current service network is too weak.
  • Spares are expensive.
  • In city mileage / Hard driving can cause heavy hurt burns while refuelling.

I have decided to slowly work on the power delivery problems.

Step 1 : Make the exhaust system free flow + Add an exhaust system to complement with a deep grumbling note.

Step 2 : K&N Typhoon + Headers.

Step 3 : Remap the ECU if the above mentioned set up does not cough up enough power.

Am looking at a final power output of not more than 150BHP.

Step 1 has been completed. HKS Hyper installed. Cats removed for a free flow exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-cedia1.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-cedia2.jpg  

maxbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 23:49   #124
Senior - BHPian

re: MaxBhp's Mitsubhishi Cedia Sports - 27000 Kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
retain the logo but remove the MITSUBISHI writing from thre to the sides..just a suggestion.
Knocking off the 'CEDIA' and 'SPORTS' and adding a 'RALLIART' incase i get something that I have ordered .
maxbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 20:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: MaxBhp's Mitsubhishi Cedia Sports - 50400 Kms Update

I have been fortunate enough to have this Car all this while. When I got her I was a graduate. Today am 14 Yr Work Ex with 3 Kids :-) . Life travels fast but with her it was amazing.

I'll let pics do the talking.

Currently I am in need of a good service but unable to find a good mechanic who can help me out with a trustworthy service. If anyone can give me any leads on the same, It would be a great help.

These are the few pics I have taken of her when she was getting her dialysis done. All her old blood is flushed out .
She sings fine and at her higher revvs she sounds enigmatic for me .

Tried to part with her twice but everytime we made up and took her for a treat to the nearest service station. Soon I would be working on her heart and lungs. Any kind of leads or information from you guys would be really helpful.

I plan to continue this journey in togetherness for life time
Attached Thumbnails
MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-aug-2019.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-4.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-5.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-3.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-2.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-6.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th August 2019 at 07:18. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
maxbhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post

Currently I am in need of a good service but unable to find a good mechanic who can help me out with a trustworthy service. If anyone can give me any leads on the same, It would be a great help.
If you wish to stick to authorized (I bet you don't, being a mitsubishi owner), your best chance is SKP Thiruvanandapuram. We had some interactions and they are good.

Assuming you are at Kottayam, another option is SK Sonic, inside Kurichi, Changanacherry. The person in Ex Geo motors. We've been to this place for both Lancer and Cedia. Please PM me if you need the contact?

You can use Grand auto spares for parts sourcing, though we do some from our contacts in Malaysia and Singapore.
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 22:42   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
If you wish to stick to authorized (I bet you don't, being a mitsubishi owner), your best chance is SKP Thiruvanandapuram. We had some interactions and they are good.

Assuming you are at Kottayam, another option is SK Sonic, inside Kurichi, Changanacherry. The person in Ex Geo motors. We've been to this place for both Lancer and Cedia. Please PM me if you need the contact?

You can use Grand auto spares for parts sourcing, though we do some from our contacts in Malaysia and Singapore.
Currently am based out of Bangalore but It would be great if you could help me source some parts. First I need a good service. Will keep you posted.
Old 3rd October 2020, 19:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

Service Update of my Black Beauty - 59,000Km

The car had completed close to 58000Kms a month back. At that stage the car was clearly not in the best condition. There were rattles emanating from everywhere. Brakes from Brembo were squealing under hard braking. The brake feedback was very poor and I was getting a metallic sound on applying after cold start. The brake pressure seemed weak. I was no longer enjoying the drive like I used to. To add to my misery my existing headunit had connectivity issues for pairing with mobile phone and it was a big hindrance in the listening experience. So that was the point when I realised the car needed some work. The question was where to start considering I couldn't splurge more than a lac all of a sudden so I needed to go step by step and get the car into a good shape in 6 months time frame. And more importantly who was going to do the work . I was not happy with my previous service @ Vijayachandra on Bannarghetta road.

I learnt the hard way that while owning the Cedia, its very important to anticipate the parts you may need for the upcoming service . These parts can be procured from Amayama / Boodomo and they are quite dependable in terms of matching order with a specific part number. One needs to stock some parts as per the schedule of the service given in the owners manual. Never try for used parts unless you are sure from where its coming. I was fortunate enough to touch base with one Mr Prashant from Cedians united who gave me some useful tips on replacement parts.

SERVICE

I went to the service centre for a Suspension and the brake job. For Brakes it was found that my existing brakes from Brembo has caused some uneven wear on my discs and I was not at all happy with the brake feedback and the bite I was getting. On reaching the Brembo distributor he told me about their new brake pads which are made of Ceramic. As per his recommendation I decided to give it a try . Got them within 3 days of ordering. The brake discs were also machined to get an even surface.

On the suspension front, the lower arm bushes needed a change and I sourced an aftermarket brand RBI. They seemed fairly reliable from fellow Cedia owners experience. Its no match for the OE part which would take more time to source and I wasn't having that luxury.

Apart from the suspension and brake jobs, my previous install of Air Filter had gone bust as the who assembly was hanging. I was lucky. I can imagine what would have happened if any kind of solid matter entered the throttle body. Moreover with the Conical filter directly installed with no inlet pipe for direct cold air from the front, I felt car was loosing its power when revving hard. So got half of the OE air intake and did a jugad fixing so that the air to the intake manifold is not hot. Drive felt much better.

My struts also needed a change. Since the cost of OE replacement from KYB comes to approximately 30K for all the front and rear, I am toying around with the idea of Tein Street or Blistein B4. Am yet to get the suspension part. Its been ordered and will arrive in December.

FLUID CHANGE
Since I had done some basic work which got my car into a reasonable state, I decided to get all the fluids changed in my car ie.,
1) Engine Oil - Mobil 1 0W40*
2) Brake Fluids - STP
3) Power Steering Fluid - STP
4) Radiator Coolant - WURTH*
*Used LIQUIMOLY Radiator and Engine flush prior to refilling.
After completing the brake bleeding my braking action has improved significantly. Earlier the fluids were all full but somehow now its more re assuring. Engine note felt a tad crisper. Too hard to notice the difference from the earlier oil which was Shell Helix Ultra 5W40.
Did this job @ Bay6, Bangalore. Run by a Car Aficionado, its a great place to take your car. The promoter gives a very unbiased opinion.

TYRE
After the completion of the service the car needed a better footwear as the existing front tyres were old and has developed a lil crack. When going over I replaced the front ones with the Continental UC6. Initial impressions are good.
Did this job @ Tyre Point,Adugodi, Bangalore.

ICE
The JVC EXAD AVX2 was swapped with another JVC media player and I was blown with the quality of the sound for the buck. It was truly a great addition to my sound experience. Going forward I would need to damp the interior well and get the rear speakers replaced and the front components powered by an AMP. For the time being am saving for my mechanical mods. So this can wait another 6 months.
Did this job @ Autoplanet, Koramangala.

ADDING SHORTLY....
Complete Exhaust including the header has been ordered Hope I complete all this before December when I will be getting my suspension :-).

NEXT MAINTAINENCE SERVICE
1) Head Gasket Seal change
2) Timing belt & tensioner pulley

NEXT MOD PLANNED
Remap to suit the new additions ie., Free flow header & Air Intake

Post the service, I was wanting to do a lil bit of detailing myself but due to lack of space I couldn’t do it. Luckily we had to plan a sudden visit to home town and I did get the space and time. As far as detailing is concerned, I have gone the simple way which one can easily do in around 2 Hrs. Note the detailing that can earn one a medal but something one can easily do every 3 months. Pidilite WD40 was used as an agent to get the aggressive dirt’s off. All the fluid caps have been detailed too. A simple soft Sensodyne toothbrush has been used for agitating the accumulated dirt.

I did add couple of cosmetic enhancers. The gearknob & Double layered leather wrap by Devraj @ JC Road Bangalore did do wonders to the driving experience. The drivers seat feels a lil more sportier than what it used to be.

That’s it from my end, Now I will do the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-duo.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-engine-bay-pics.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-tyre.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-grille.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-filter.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-engine-oil-cap.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-radiator-cap.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-power-steering-fluid-cap.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-brake-fluid-cap.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-coolant-cap.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km-winshield-washer-cap.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2020 at 04:52. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
maxbhp is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks