Team-BHP - MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   MaxBhp's Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. EDIT: Nearing 15 years & 60000 km (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/37294-maxbhps-mitsubishi-cedia-sports-edit-nearing-15-years-60000-km.html)

Around a year back I started hunting for a new car. My requirements were
1.Good handling
2.Stability
3.Emotional attachment with the car
4.Good perfomance (both accl and topspeed )
I know the third point is quite stupid but anyway I wanted to own a car thats been part of my dreams .
You know when you sleep off you wake up in your dream as a hero wanting to rescue Jennifer Connely from the bad guys in a fast car . Now for me that car was never a Ferrari. It was either an RS or a Lancer or a Mondeo (My favorite) or Cedia . .
After reasearching and talking to some of owners(Mondeo) I finally decided not to buy one coz it seemed too expensive to maintain. Its like a "sour grape" for me. So now the choice is b/w Lancer /Cedia/Skoda Octavia RS. Lancer has been around for long so the prosepectus of owning such an old car didnt go down well with my family so It was either RS or Cedia.

Took test drives of both the car .
RS is one awesome speedmachine . Its acceleration seemed brutal past 100 mark (higher RPM range) whereas CEDIA's unit seemed more relaxed but was equally rev happy if not better but in shear acc. stakes its no comparison to the mighty RS

Stability is another aspects where RS scores really high . The car feels rock solid at any speed . By this am not saying CEDIA is not stable but again it felt like RS was better.

HAndling......oh...oh......now this is one aspect I wouldnt want to compare a CEDIA with any cars in its price range coz its really mind blowing. . YOu can confidently flick around without fearing to loose control (for 80% of the drivers)

And the best part about CEDIA is , it makes even the worst driver in the world seem like he is the best(am the best example lol:). Thats the kind of assurance it imparts to the driver.

So finally the moral is the story of 'MaxBhp' bought Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia.

About the Vehicle.

MAke : Mitsubishi Lancer
Model: Cedia Sport
YEar : 2006 June
Colour : Black
KM run : 13000
Price : 6.75
Will upload some pics soon. for now I got one pic.
Will soon post detailed review soon
PS : Sorry about the title . Just too excited about owning the car of dreams..
PS2: Pics taken at the prev. owners house

Congrats, max.

When do you start modding it?:D

Congrats again, Max! She looks beyooooooottttiful!

As I said about a 100 times over the last week, I'm green with envy! Enjoyyyyyy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 768182)
Congrats, max.

When do you start modding it?:D

rightaway sir . the only thing am lacking in is 'Vitamin M' . Am praying harder :).

Changing the footwear to S drive 215 section 55 profile on the stock alloys
Painting the alloys black
Replacing the stock headunit with JVC AVX2

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 768187)
Congrats again, Max! She looks beyooooooottttiful!

As I said about a 100 times over the last week, I'm green with envy! Enjoyyyyyy!

Thanks . BTW any idea about ZAK ? He is totally not reacheable in any of his phones. Tried a zillion times .

Boss! congrats!

Black Sports!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 768189)
Thanks . BTW any idea about ZAK ? He is totally not reacheable in any of his phones. Tried a zillion times .

Talking to him now:) Say's hi! and Congrats!

Wow! Congrats Max. The car looks menacing in the 1st pic!!

S-Drives are a very good choice. Hope you are painting the alloys matt black.

Cheers
rev

HOTT! Congrats MaxBhp. Matte black alloys would look killer! Are you going to smoke the lights? And, what mods have you planned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rev_hard (Post 768200)
Wow! Congrats Max. The car looks menacing in the 1st pic!!

S-Drives are a very good choice. Hope you are painting the alloys matt black.

Cheers
rev

Not decided about matt/glossy finish. Tried PS ing the pic and this is how gloss would look like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 768203)
HOTT! Congrats MaxBhp. Matte black alloys would look killer! Are you going to smoke the lights? And, what mods have you planned?

After reading your thread , I can hardly call my alterations as 'mods' . anyway I'll be doing very very very little mod for the time being. Am shifting to Delhi for my higher (thats one funny word)studies.

IMO, Matt finish would look hotttt! Smoking the tail lamps and side indicators would look good too.

Also, try and source the vortex generator strip from somewhere. With the wide tires, this would definitely look like 1 phat boy.

Just my 2 lincolns.

rev

Congrats. The car looks immaculate. For the alloys would suggest hyper black colour.

Also, try considering 205/55-15 S-drives for the tyres. They should suffice rather than 215 which is not really needed plus the rims are not that wide to take the 215's.

Congrats max. It is just "WOW". Black looks damn good. The car seems to be in good condition. Why did the owner want to sell this?

6.75 lakhs is brilliant. Great purchase.

Deadly price for a deadly car!! Congratulations!!

Stick to 205 pls (my two cents)

Congratulations on the new car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 768188)
Changing the footwear to S drive 215 section 55 profile on the stock alloys

What width are them alloys?

Quote:

Painting the alloys black

Matt Black is the way to go.

Quote:

Is he still alive? Or is he a fugitive now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 768206)
Am shifting to Delhi for my higher (thats one funny word)studies.

Aaao thakur aaao! Whereabouts are you going to be in Delhi?

OH ho,Cool one buddie.I liked it.Are you planning an all black treatment.Why not an odd combinations.Anyways congrats on the buy.
ram