Team-BHP - My Dad's Accent Gls - Aug 2001
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Dad's Accent Gls - Aug 2001 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/3784-my-dads-accent-gls-aug-2001-a.html)

hi guys , here is review of my dad's hyundai accent gls which is 3.5 years old.

bought the car from a dealer in new mumbai, got a discount of 27000/- on the car. at that time dint think it was bad. did not fall into the trap of buying accesories from them as i know they charge exorbhitantly.

the car's runs about 44 kms for six days a week from and was driven by me till 2002 then by my dad till diwali 2002 then have a driver who drives the car very well.

the tyres are stock. - R13 175/70

colour of the car - grey.

bought a new JVC deck for the car and the system is good enough for my parents to enjoy their drive from home to office and back listening to their collection of old songs.

as far as the performance of the car is concerned, it hasnt given any major problems till now, be it suspension or engine. the overall ride in my car is quite smooth and except for the small minor problems, i have been quite satisfied customer.

about the safety of the car, i have one incident to share with you all. my dad was driving the car and was waiting at a signal to take a left. a tempo fellow came quite near my dad but my dad thought he might want to go straight. when the signal turned green the tempo fellow suddenly took a left and banged onto the front right driver's side door. thanks to the beam in the door that accent has my dad was saved, the door was so badly smashed that it woudnt open and if it was any other smaller car or for that matter a maruti, it woudnt have sustained such a impact and my dad came out unscathed.

the headlights have started to dim and we are putting the new crystal lights and hope we will have better illumination.

so for all in our family we love our car as it is good enough for all of us.

i have wriiten this review as a lay person so pls forgive if i havent been able to keep upto fellow bhpians mark of wrting top class reviews.

shubbhi :)

Hey. Nice review. Drove my friends 2003 GVS recently. Nice car from Hyundai!

hey nice review, keep it up, hows ur car coming along, is it gonna be black :)

Can you post the pic again, there seems to be some problem with it.

Shan2nu

hey manaa,
that was good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan2nu

Shan2nu

what pic is Shan talking about??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Shan2nu

i think the pic hasnt uploaded properly will try again tommorow, 1st thing in the morning. i have more pics will post them all.

shubbhi

Neat review manaa45. Waiting for the pics. :)

Good review manaa.. Post the pics too!!

here are the pics

Hey nice work you've done with the cam!!

Thats a really well maintained car Shubbi :)

Great review good pics . Really well written pal. The car looks really clean and well kept. How bout some pics of that JVC system of yours

Dippy

Nice review. Nice pictures. Car looks great. And as Dippy says..some pics of music system would be nice.

really good pics manaa...
some deck pics will be appreciated...
i have heard lots of stories abuot accents being flimsy but yours is the first one i
have heard where its safety aspect has been praised
sat in the car quite a few times and liked it but its a bit cramped in the rear

many thanks to u all for appreciating my review. my dad's accent has really worked very well i would swear by the safety aspect of accent.

as far as the pics of the JVC deck are concerned , i will try and post them as soon as possible.

regards

shubbhi