Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 21:19   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Hi Guys, The driver door sticker says that the Tyre pressure to be maintained in 33psi. When i checked the car tyre pressure after first service it is set at 36psi by the service guy. Can you please help me in letting me know what the tyre pressure you all set? I own SX4 Zxi model.
Hi mail4loys,

Currently i am using nitrogen with 33 psi but prior to this i was using normal air with 30 psi. Because most of the time iam the only person driving the car. I had increased it to 33 psi when i travel long with 4 people and some luggage. For normal city use and with less passenger 33 psi is more i guess and more over you will have a bumpy ride in bad roads on 33psi with less passengers.
Old 19th August 2008, 09:28   #62
BHPian

rkbharat & DineshKanna : Thanks for the information, it clarified my doubt!
Old 19th August 2008, 10:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Nice, the ones I got are completely black with the seat centre in red. I also got the Suzuki logo embossed on the seat. But the guy got confused and put the Suzuki "S" and also "SX4" both. The Black and red to my mind at least looks real good since I have a black Zxi.
I was also looking for seat covers for my supreme red SX4 in bangalore. Guys any idea where can i get them. It would be good if someone has idea near Kormangala area.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:14   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I was also looking for seat covers for my supreme red SX4 in bangalore. Guys any idea where can i get them. It would be good if someone has idea near Kormangala area.
There is One Sachins Autoshop on the side road of Bosh. Its near the SAIBABA Temple. They have a good collection of seat covers there.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Can any other SX4 owner try this and see if there is any changes in the throttle respose?

Quote:
Throttle Body Adjustment. They say this works on all drive by wire vehicles and resets parameters WITHOUT Having to disconnect battery!

The Throttle is "Drive By Wire" and adapts to your particular driving
style. Do a TBA Throttle body adaptation.

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.

2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over.

3. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back
to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas
pedal.

5. Wait 2 mins. for a full alignment.

6. Drive the car as you always do.

Depending on your driving style, this may or may not be a big factor. I do a lot of city driving so
I noticed a big change after erasing my history. It is not hard to do this, just follow the instructions -

Key on, pedal down, 5 sec, key off pedal up, wait 2 minutes.

Keep the key in for the entire thing.

If this doesn't work, disconnect your neg. battery cable for 20 minutes. This will re-set the parameters in the drive-by-wire... Unfortunately it will delete your pre-set radio stations, clock etc. as well...
Old 26th August 2008, 09:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Can any other SX4 owner try this and see if there is any changes in the throttle respose?
If possible what is Throttle Body Adjustment? What is the advantage we will get after doing this. Also by gas pedal you meant accelerator
Old 27th August 2008, 20:53   #67
BHPian

@iTNerd: Please enlighten where you got this info from. Seems bit unreal to me. Anyway I will give it a try and let you know if there is any change in the car's response.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If possible what is Throttle Body Adjustment? What is the advantage we will get after doing this. Also by gas pedal you meant accelerator
Quote:
@iTNerd: Please enlighten where you got this info from. Seems bit unreal to me. Anyway I will give it a try and let you know if there is any change in the car's response.
Basically, On drive by wire cars, the computer (ECU) continually monitors driving style/pattern and adjusts the throttle response to the individual car. That means, if you spend a lot of time in city driving where there is frequent stopping, the throttle response will get very sluggish. It can be so sluggish that if you floor the accelerator completely, nothing happens as the throttle response is conrolled by the ECU. if you want to suddenly accelerate around, the car just won't respond to your foot echo! People says, the problem is with the engine. But mind you, the engine is a gem with huge potential. It is just that the control mechanism is electronic (the so called "drive by wire") and that decides how the engine should respond to your call. The trick here is to clear the memory from time to time so that the kind of driving habit you want can be induced into the ECU. Doing so, the particular throttle response will persist until you reset the next time, which in that case, the ECU will again learn and adapt to your drive style henceforth. For most cars that have drive-by-wire, there is a aftermarket remapped ECU or something. But I also know that for most cars, the throttle respond can be resetted by merely pressing the accelerator pedal for few seconds on key-on (not startng the engine, but everything else). So this way, a periodic resetting can make the throtte response of the car much faster and more linear, that is, when you floor the pedal, it just go without much hesitation.

I have already started a thread in the Technical Stuff category - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rive-wire.html . You may continue posting there.

I got this piece of discussion from sx4 fly by wire - SX4 Forums

Last edited by iTNerd : 28th August 2008 at 12:38.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:28   #69
BHPian

Re: SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Basically, On drive by wire cars, the computer (ECU) continually monitors driving style/pattern and adjusts the throttle response to the individual car. That means, if you spend a lot of time in city driving where there is frequent stopping, the throttle response will get very sluggish. It can be so sluggish that if you floor the accelerator completely, nothing happens as the throttle response is conrolled by the ECU. if you want to suddenly accelerate around, the car just won't respond to your foot echo! People says, the problem is with the engine. But mind you, the engine is a gem with huge potential. It is just that the control mechanism is electronic (the so called "drive by wire") and that decides how the engine should respond to your call. The trick here is to clear the memory from time to time so that the kind of driving habit you want can be induced into the ECU. Doing so, the particular throttle response will persist until you reset the next time, which in that case, the ECU will again learn and adapt to your drive style henceforth. For most cars that have drive-by-wire, there is a aftermarket remapped ECU or something. But I also know that for most cars, the throttle respond can be resetted by merely pressing the accelerator pedal for few seconds on key-on (not startng the engine, but everything else). So this way, a periodic resetting can make the throtte response of the car much faster and more linear, that is, when you floor the pedal, it just go without much hesitation.

I have already started a thread in the Technical Stuff category - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rive-wire.html . You may continue posting there.

I got this piece of discussion from sx4 fly by wire - SX4 Forums

Does this hold true on new VVT variants as well ?
Mine is accelerating/throttle response is OK for now - do I still need to follow this?
Old 26th January 2012, 17:31   #70
BHPian

Re: SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Does this hold true on new VVT variants as well ?
Mine is accelerating/throttle response is OK for now - do I still need to follow this?

yes it will work on the vvt model as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks