Team-BHP - My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/38261-my-ford-fiesta-1-6-sxi-completes-13-7-years-dies-drowning-10.html)

Hello vnabhi
Good to look at your thread. You sound like one happy man :)
I recently bought a used Fiesta of the same color (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...atorq-zxi.html) and am considering getting a spoiler. Do you mind sharing a few pics of the rear so that I can get an idea how it looks? Your garage has just the one pic for the rear currently.

BTW I think it would be nice to have communities on TeamBHP if possible. For eg we could discuss all Fiesta ownership issues at a central place that way. Whatsay people?

BTW vnabhi did you get that dent fixed?

Cheers
RR

Buddha!! good that you bumped up the thread.
Venu sir!! 6 months on and no update yet ?Did you get that dent and scratch repaired?
where and for how much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 1962426)
Hello vnabhi
Good to look at your thread. You sound like one happy man :)
I recently bought a used Fiesta of the same color (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...atorq-zxi.html) and am considering getting a spoiler. Do you mind sharing a few pics of the rear so that I can get an idea how it looks? Your garage has just the one pic for the rear currently.

Congrats on your new Fiesta. There are two types of OE Ford spoilers, sports and the regular. Take a look at this post for more info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1927085
Beware of fake ones that come with LEDs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 1962426)
BTW I think it would be nice to have communities on TeamBHP if possible. For eg we could discuss all Fiesta ownership issues at a central place that way. Whatsay people?
RR

We did have one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-you-here.html

If you manage to read till the last page, you will know what happened to it. :D

@buddha---congrats on your new Paprika Red Fiesta. I will take a few more snaps of the spoiler I have and put it in the garage.

@Fordmanchau---thanks for your concern. Yes, I did get the dent fixed for Rs 2500 at a local painter near my house---the whole bumper was painted for that price.

@Gilead---LOL, I did not know about the fate of that thread till now!!

Thanks Gilead! Unfortunate about the thread, but I guess it does become difficult to trawl through a 120 page thread. The web hosting platform we use doesnt allow for formats apart from threads I suppose. BTW ossum enthu that people kept it going for so long! Cheers

@vnabhi, thanks in advance for the pics!

@vnabhi,

Your thread title says 14000 kms whereas one of your posts title read 18400 kms. Which is correct???? Can you confirm. Whats the present odoplease:.
Was the option of getting the dent fixed locally cheaper than the front bumper from Ford. How much would the front bumper normally cost> Any ideas??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1963295)
@vnabhi,

Your thread title says 14000 kms whereas one of your posts title read 18400 kms. Which is correct???? Can you confirm. Whats the present odoplease:.
Was the option of getting the dent fixed locally cheaper than the front bumper from Ford. How much would the front bumper normally cost> Any ideas??

I guess I should ask the mods to change my title. I have covered around 22500 kms so far, and it would have been around 24 K had I not gone abroad for 3 months.

I am not sure how much a Fiesta's bumper costs, but painting charges at the dealer are a lot more. In this case where i went to a local denter, the denting was hardly 500 to 600 bucks, the rest for painting. He did a pretty good job of it.

The only issue is that the inner ring of the fog lamp had got damaged, therefore if one bends down and peeps into the fog lamp hole (it is deep in the older Fiestas, offering good protection from such bumps), one can see that one side of the fog lamp does not seem to be attached to the socket in the bumper. I am given to understand that one cannot procure that part and would need to change the entire set of fog lamps. It is working fine and not visible, therefore I am not changing it.

I'll be giving my car for servicing next week to Mody Ford, and the issues I've identified are:-
  1. The thud sound from the front right shock absorber over bumps, especially while turning, has re-surfaced. Might need lubrication or replacement. I heard most Fiestas exhibit this sound over a bump while turning----any other guys facing this issue?
  2. The rear left window roller does not operate upwards smoothly---it gets stuck at a point, and needs another lift to the switch. However, when operated from the driver's switch, it goes up smoothly.
  3. Slight rattle, perhaps from the front seats while going over rough patches---something needs to be tightened I guess.
  4. Slight vibration on the driver's window glass when in half-open position over rough patches--I discoverd this recently because the glass is always rolled up in summers.
My extended warranty will be ending in March, 2011, therefore I plan to get another round of servicing done before that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1963935)
The thud sound from the front right shock absorber over bumps, especially while turning, has re-surfaced. Might need lubrication or replacement. I heard most Fiestas exhibit this sound over a bump while turning----any other guys facing this issue?

You sure the sound is coming from the shocks? Most Fiestas make a kadak sound from the steering rack when nasty potholes are taken a certain angle. There is no fix for this, but I am sure any kind of noise from the shock absorber can be fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1963950)
You sure the sound is coming from the shocks? Most Fiestas make a kadak sound from the steering rack when nasty potholes are taken a certain angle. There is no fix for this, but I am sure any kind of noise from the shock absorber can be fixed.

Gosh, it could be from the steering rack. I got confused because it happens in my office parking and also on the way to office when I go over a rough surface with my front right wheel while turning sharply left. I have not got such a surface under my left wheel while turning sharp right, hence I am not sure if it is the shock or the steering.

Thanks for your inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1963935)
I am not sure how much a Fiesta's bumper costs, but painting charges at the dealer are a lot more. In this case where i went to a local denter, the denting was hardly 500 to 600 bucks, the rest for painting. He did a pretty good job of it.

The front bumber including painting costs Rs.3000 plus tax Rs.309/-
Total Rs.3309/- This is the costing from my Dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1963956)
Gosh, it could be from the steering rack. I got confused because it happens in my office parking and also on the way to office when I go over a rough surface with my front right wheel while turning sharply left. I have not got such a surface under my left wheel while turning sharp right, hence I am not sure if it is the shock or the steering.

Thanks for your inputs.

The steering rack sound comes irrespective of the direction in which the wheel is turned. It entirely depends on the pothole and the angle of the tyres. And it's fairly unpredictable as well. I get the sound from a pothole outside my office about 1 in 10 times. No sound 9 out of 10 times though I pretty much run over the pothole the same way everyday. It's not a pleasant sound to hear butsince it's so rare, I am ok with it. Roads here are fairly decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1963962)
The front bumber including painting costs Rs.3000 plus tax Rs.309/-
Total Rs.3309/- This is the costing from my Dealer.

Thanks, that still means I saved around 800 bucks! I also wonder if they have the old bumpers with deeper holes for the fog lamps---the new Fiesta's have their fogs exposed and vulnerable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1963986)
The steering rack sound comes irrespective of the direction in which the wheel is turned. It entirely depends on the pothole and the angle of the tyres. And it's fairly unpredictable as well. I get the sound from a pothole outside my office about 1 in 10 times. No sound 9 out of 10 times though I pretty much run over the pothole the same way everyday. It's not a pleasant sound to hear butsince it's so rare, I am ok with it. Roads here are fairly decent.

I too get it around 30 % of the time, especially when I take the turn a bit fast. Thanks for the pointers, anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1962721)
@Gilead---LOL, I did not know about the fate of that thread till now!!

+
The Thread was locked.
It become 120 pages or so and are in the opinion it has become too big
to refer anything from that thread quickly?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1964123)
+
The Thread was locked.
It become 120 pages or so and are in the opinion it has become too big
to refer anything from that thread quickly?.

Too bad---that was a good ready reckoner for Fiesta owners.

By the way, it looks like you owned an Accent 1.6 GLS earlier---a rare car indeed. My pal had one and I do remember it had good driveability, though not as good as the Fiesta. You are in a better position to compare the two.

Yes, I had an Accent 1.6GLS, bought in 2004 when I was in Chennai. The car ran mostly in chennai roads. That car too in Black colour and I accept a nice car (with ABS but no airbags). I got a single fancy number from government for that car. In early 2008, I brought the car to Kerala and tried to re-register it there but since the formalities involved to re-register was too lengthy and time consuming, I took the car to chennai again and sold there.

Ofcourse, definitely it cannot match our Fiesta!

The main comparison:

Accent / Fiesta:

overall length - 4250mm / 4282mm
width = 1670/1686
Height-1370/1468
wheelbase - 2440/2486
Ground Clearance - 172 / 168

Engine type - 4 cylinder in-line 16-v DOHC/ same
Fuel system - mpfi/sefi
Displacement - 1599/1596
Max Output(ps/rpm) - 102.6/5800 , 101 /6500
Max Torque (kgm/rpm) - 14.4 /4500, 14.9/3400

Brakes - Power assisted ABS / ABS with EBD

Tyres - 175/70R 13, 175/65R 14 (Tubeless).

Overall a very good car!