Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 10:58   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
hey all fiesta friends,
going through fiesta posts after a long time, as asked by vnabhi, shall i also go for wheel balancing, i have not got it done till now, my fiesta has covered around 16k
You should get it done ASAP. Was it not done during any of the Fiesta services till date. Either get it done at Ford service or from outside. Most prefarably from outside since Ford is slightly on the higher side as far as WA/WB is concerned.

I really sometimes wonder what happened to the Fiesta owners(abhipuru, shajufx,sanjayc,nairrk etc), I could see very few posts on older Fiesta.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:02   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You should get it done ASAP. Was it not done during any of the Fiesta services till date. Either get it done at Ford service or from outside. Most prefarably from outside since Ford is slightly on the higher side as far as WA/WB is concerned.

I really sometimes wonder what happened to the Fiesta owners(abhipuru, shajufx,sanjayc,nairrk etc), I could see very few posts on older Fiesta.
thanks for the input, i will get it done,
yes that is true, not much posts on fiesta as earlier, even i would like to have all old fiesta owners back to discuss some more interesting things
Old 20th October 2011, 12:38   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not to forget 'cargasm' Frankmehta

Thanks @Unni.ak and @ghodlur for your comments. Nice to see the Fiesta group swing into action again!

@ghodlur---WB/ WA every six months seems to be an overkill. I read somewhere that it is necessary once in 10000 kms. It takes me more than 1.6 years to cover that distance.

@ruchirnt---get it done pronto. I paid Rs 600 for WB/ WA in a reputed tyre shop, where I got my Waggie's tyres changed.

Folks, any suggestions on how to restore the shine in the stock Ford alloys?
Old 20th October 2011, 13:02   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks, any suggestions on how to restore the shine in the stock Ford alloys?
i still use that Jopasu kit which is very handy and useful, the chrome shampoo was quite useful in cleaning it
Old 20th October 2011, 13:07   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i still use that Jopasu kit which is very handy and useful, the chrome shampoo was quite useful in cleaning it
Can you please share the cost of that kit? I might go for it then.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:16   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share the cost of that kit? I might go for it then.
Jopasu Car Care Products India

you can go through this link and find out, they have a shop in ebay too, check it again
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 15:52   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ghodlur---WB/ WA every six months seems to be an overkill. I read somewhere that it is necessary once in 10000 kms. It takes me more than 1.6 years to cover that distance.
Considering the amount of road abuse my Fiesta goes through in Thane/Mumbai every monsoon, I rather prefer to get it done once every six months. Once every 10K is Ford's suggestion as per the manual.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:54   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the amount of road abuse my Fiesta goes through in Thane/Mumbai every monsoon, I rather prefer to get it done once every six months. Once every 10K is Ford's suggestion as per the manual.
Got your point.

Do you carry out a 5-wheel rotation of a 4-wheel one? How many miles have you munched so far? What is the best time to go for new tyres with regard to miles munched?

I am not happy with the stock MRFs, and plan to change them at 35 K on the odo.
Old 21st October 2011, 07:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got your point.

Do you carry out a 5-wheel rotation of a 4-wheel one? How many miles have you munched so far? What is the best time to go for new tyres with regard to miles munched?

I am not happy with the stock MRFs, and plan to change them at 35 K on the odo.
I normally carry out the 5 wheel rotation but since the spare one presently had a couple of punctures. have stuck to 4 wheel rotation. I was plannign to buy a single Michelin tyre since the punctured one was diagnosed as a failure but have kept on hold thinking I will change all 5 tyres at 25K. The present odo is 18K+ (should have been 24K but I was on a 6 month project assignment to UK).

The best time IMO to change tyres would be 30K, if you feel you can take it to 35K then that should be it.
Old 21st October 2011, 19:00   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best time IMO to change tyres would be 30K, if you feel you can take it to 35K then that should be it.

Thanks. I suppose you went for the same profile of tyres (170/65/R 14)?

I am concerned that FE might drop if I go for wider tyres.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:13   #266
Senior - BHPian

Gurus

One quick question: after carrying out my wheel balancing/ alignment and rotation a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that when I turn the steering almost fully to either side while on a sharp turn, it seems over-eager to get into the complete lock position. It does feel different from before, and I need to make sure I don't turn too much and graze a pillar.

Could this be on account of tyres having more tread being placed in the front? However, the car holds itself well at high speeds and there is no wobble.

Any clues will be really helpful.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:16   #267
Senior - BHPian

I got a bit scared a couple of days back, when I started the car after a gap of 4 days. It was a cold morning start. The only thing that alarmed me was that the Engine system warning light (the exclamation mark within a circle on top of the ABS light) did not go off, though other warning lights like ABS, handbrake, engine malfunction, etc went off.

I waited for a few seconds, but it was glowing constantly. So I switched off the engine and re-started again, but the light did not go off. I also found that throttle inputs on the stationary car were not resulting in correspoding revvs from the engine, but somewhat muted.

As I never encountered this before, I switched off and fished out the manual. The manual says one can drive the car if it glows constantly, but speeds would be restricted. It also says not to drive if the light flickers, which was not the case with my car. It also said the light concerns engine system and drive train issues.

I started the car again, and the light disappeared along with the other lights! Phew, what a relief! I drove normally to work and the car was perfect in the entire trip of 15 kms, including some high revvs on 2nd gear. I called the SA of Mody Ford a little later, and he said it could be an issue with fuel not flowing freely becuase the car was not used for few days. He asked me to observe if the light comes on again, and take it to them only if it does.

I did not have the same issue over the past 2 days. The only noticeable difference is a bit of body vibration and the tacho going up to 1250 rpm on early morning starts, but I've had that symptom few times earlier in winters. The vibrations stop soon after the car is in motion, or after the engine warms up.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:20   #268
Senior - BHPian

You need to get the Throttle Body cleaned - that's all. Get it done ASAP

PS: Is your car under EW? That throttle body costs 20-25k IIRC in case you need to replace it. Normally, just cleaning it works the first couple of times around. Had happened once in mine, ages back. Hasn't happened since.

Last edited by suman : 23rd November 2011 at 15:24.
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:51   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You need to get the Throttle Body cleaned - that's all. Get it done ASAP

PS: Is your car under EW? That throttle body costs 20-25k IIRC in case you need to replace it. Normally, just cleaning it works the first couple of times around. Had happened once in mine, ages back. Hasn't happened since.
Thanks for the pointer, buddy! Did you have a similar experience with that warning light, or was it just the vibrations on a cold start?

Alas, my EW got over in March, but I'll get it cleaned the next time I give it for servicing.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:19   #270
Senior - BHPian

The warning light comes on & the engine goes into a "limp" mode - you will be unable to accelerate. I would suggest paying them a visit over the weekend & getting it cleaned instead of waiting for the next service
suman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks