Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 16:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
great detailed review vnabhi. good that you followed your heart and the car has been able to meet your expectations. how is the ground clearance of the car? does it scrape bumps when loaded? One more thing is how would you rate the car compared to an Ikon 1.6 (The JOSH machine)?
Thanks, BlackPearl. I've scraped a speed-breaker only once, despite driving fully loaded many times. I scraped it because I did not see it till I went over it at 35 kmph. I was actually looking up to spot a water tank, that was a landmark to visit a real estate office on a road I had never travelled on.
Honestly, I've never had a chance to drive the 1.6 Ikon so far, but got to travel in it only once long back.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks, BlackPearl. I've scraped a speed-breaker only once, despite driving fully loaded many times. I scraped it because I did not see it till I went over it at 35 kmph. I was actually looking up to spot a water tank, that was a landmark to visit a real estate office on a road I had never travelled on.
Honestly, I've never had a chance to drive the 1.6 Ikon so far, but got to travel in it only once long back.
The Fiesta does not look that much high, so asked about the ground clearance which a pain in the Baleno. I think the Fiesta's stiffer suspension also helps.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice Report! Congrats!
Fiesta 1.6 is the pick of the segment in my view. Its a brilliant car to drive and the suspension is great.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Hi Guys, i got my Black Beasta 1.6 SXi in Jan 2008 . I got a corporate discount of 16k, car cover, original Lumar tints as freebies. Till now its gone through the 1st service and is due for the 2nd service by this month end or early next month. Till now the maintenance cost is NIL. Also the service guy at Metro Ford made me understand how each service is done and what all is done under each service and what may be the estimated cost of every service.

Looking at this i feel the maintenance cost should not be high (considering that there are no accidents etc - touchwood). Also with regards to peformance of the car i agree with what VNAbhi has mentioned above. You just need to floor the gas pedal and the car zooms off. You need to drive it to believe it. The car is surely value for money..The A.S.S experience will be good if you have a good rapport with the service guys out there.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review mate, you need to eat up some more kilometers though

Good to see one more 1.6 SXI fellow owner having loads of fun
Old 15th April 2008, 13:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Excellent review mate, you need to eat up some more kilometers though

Good to see one more 1.6 SXI fellow owner having loads of fun
I agree that I need to munch more miles, buddy. But I could in no way compete with your usage . Even diesel car owners will turn pale at your odo readings.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
Has any Fiesta owner used an FM Transmitter to connect his mp3 player to the stock 6 cd changer? If so, how is the sound quality?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:09   #23
Team-BHP Support

Vnabhi, good that you finally put up a review.
As for Zenopio's question, i would suggest checking out other long term ownership threads as well for your answer.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Has any Fiesta owner used an FM Transmitter to connect his mp3 player to the stock 6 cd changer? If so, how is the sound quality?
I don't have Fiesta, but I have been using an FM Transmitter to play music from Pen-drives to my Pio. Quality has been good.

One question? How do you find the rear seat comfort on long drives? I found the seat base a shade flat and not angled upwards as in other cars. Does it affect comfort?
Old 30th April 2008, 21:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I don't have Fiesta, but I have been using an FM Transmitter to play music from Pen-drives to my Pio. Quality has been good.

One question? How do you find the rear seat comfort on long drives? I found the seat base a shade flat and not angled upwards as in other cars. Does it affect comfort?
No idea,dude . I sat in the back seat only once in my car, for a limited period. After all, it is a driver's car, so who would sit in the back, unless one has a chauffeur.
I did take my family for a 500 km trip last summer, and they were comfortable throughout the trip, with 2 seated at the back. The arm rest in the centre is a big boon for long journeys.
BTW, what FM transmitter are you using, and how much did it cost? Dhaval and I are keen on one.

Last edited by vnabhi : 30th April 2008 at 21:37.
Old 30th April 2008, 23:41   #26
BHPian

Hi vnabhi it is not worth spending bucks on these transmitter i have tried quite a few from belkin to the cheap chinese one's
Old 1st May 2008, 10:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi vnabhi it is not worth spending bucks on these transmitter i have tried quite a few from belkin to the cheap chinese one's
Thanks Yogi !! Dhaval, please take note of Yogi's experience.
Old 1st May 2008, 11:37   #28
BHPian

awesome review and awesome car.

I agree to you point to point in your decision of buying this car. It is indeed the best amongst the 1.6 lot.

Old 1st May 2008, 12:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi vnabhi it is not worth spending bucks on these transmitter i have tried quite a few from belkin to the cheap Chinese one's
Same here! Got myself one and it has been an on-and-off affair. I rarely used it and after 5 months of ownership, finally ended up giving it my dad, who found it more useful!

But I am sure that there are people who will swear with this toy, especially the ones with IPods.
Old 1st May 2008, 18:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Same here! Got myself one and it has been an on-and-off affair. I rarely used it and after 5 months of ownership, finally ended up giving it my dad, who found it more useful!

But I am sure that there are people who will swear with this toy, especially the ones with IPods.
Thanks. Are better quality fm transmitters available in the US? A pal of mine may be going there.
Man, I really miss my mp3 collection, and would love to listen to them on the awesome 6 cd changer. The stock ICE is one of the best I've heard, and beats many even in the higher segment (of course, it may not suit die-hard music buffs).

Most Viewed