Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 19:53   #871
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Sir,

Firstly, thanks for the detailed cost breakup excel sheet of maintenance.

I would like to know the tachometer reading (RPM) at 80km/hr in the 5th gear. My 1.4 duratec does 80km/hr at 2100 RPM, which I feel is high, stressing out the engine and returning a low FE. I suspect a worn out clutch.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I did not see this request till now. I will check on the tacho and get back to you in a few days---as my daily route does not allow me to speed over 60 kmph. But what I remember is that 100 kmph comes at around 2700 to 2800 on the tacho in 5th gear.

I am still on the original clutch. I thought I had some issues last year, but it got sorted out on its own. If it recurs, i will try bleeding the clutch.

I have not yet got my front struts changed, but plan to get it done soon, as the noise has slightly increased. I guess I will have to change the struts and the link rod.

I did get some bushes and rods changed around 4 years ago. Details will be in my spreadsheet.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 11:28   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks to WD40, almost all of them are almost covered. Never knew that it could be used so effectively.
I needed some thing like this to cleanup a couple of such marks.

Got this on Amazon, there were a couple of cheaper options too, this looked more standard:
WD-40 on Amazon
Old 29th May 2018, 12:10   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I needed some thing like this to cleanup a couple of such marks.

Got this on Amazon, there were a couple of cheaper options too, this looked more standard:
WD-40 on Amazon
That is precisely the one I have, though I bought it in the US. It is a bit bigger though. Wish you good luck.

Meanwhile, I handed over the Red Injun to Vibrant Ford this morning, seeking a check of front suspension noises. I went for a test drive and the SA did notice minor sounds even on slight undulations on the road, that are not visible to the naked eye. He said the sounds were not alarming, but I told him they had increased in decibel level over the past few months, and I do not like such sounds on a silent car.

So I gave them the green signal to check and change the front shocks and link rods, if needed. They estimated that it would take around 3 hours to do the job. But in an hour and a half, I got a call saying the struts were found to be ok, but both link rods had to be changed. They said the car was ready for delivery. They even offered to send it home as soon as they had a driver available. I chose this option, as I did not want to travel in the heat again to the center.

I also asked them to check the horn. Sometimes it sounds with a low beep, instead of the normal sound. But that was rare. They got back saying they had to tighten the horn coupler, but recommended a change soon after the part was available.

I will update the thread after getting my car.
Old 29th May 2018, 19:18   #874
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from my SA around an hour after leaving the car. The issue was identified as worn out stabiizer bars/ link rods on both sides. The shocks were found to be ok. The car was ready for delivery, but I did not want to go again in the hot sun till evening.

They offered to send the car home, and I readily agreed. The bill came to Rs 2552, inclusive of labor and GST. I dropped the driver at the Necklace Road MMTS station, and found out to my delight that the car runs as silently as new. Those annoying sounds were gone.
Vibrant Ford threw in a free wash, and the car was gleaming to glory.

The odo reads around 70350, and I am happy to own this monster, that has been easy on the pocket for the past 11 years.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 11:48   #875
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 2010 EXI TDCI model with me, is there any way to use bluetooth with the stock audio, I understand there is an auxiliary port, not sure if the generic blue tooth adapters can be connected there, also please advise on bulb upgrades, not keen on relays, just plug and play upgrades at the moment.

The car is in my hometown and used less, thinking of getting these wipers
https://www.amazon.in/myTVS-Wiper-bl...d+fiesta+wiper

What is a good diesel additive to use in this car?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 17th June 2018, 00:13   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

I have a 2010 EXI TDCI model with me, is there any way to use bluetooth with the stock audio, I understand there is an auxiliary port, not sure if the generic blue tooth adapters can be connected there, also please advise on bulb upgrades, not keen on relays, just plug and play upgrades at the moment.

The car is in my hometown and used less, thinking of getting these wipers
https://www.amazon.in/myTVS-Wiper-bl...d+fiesta+wiper

What is a good diesel additive to use in this car?

Regards
Shailesh

I've no idea about the stock system that came with your 2010 EXI, but the one in mine does not have an aux port.

For bulb upgrades Osram Nightbreakers are the best, but I am told they do not last more than a year or two. So I am on stock so far.

No idea about those wipers, but I guess you can give it a shot. Please let us know if they are good.

System D is the best additive, but in short supply.
Old 22nd June 2018, 15:28   #877
BHPian

Intending to buy a Fiesta 1.6 S. There’s a 30k km done with an exorbitant pricing and the rest with close to 100k kms in the odo. Would you be able to churn some ques on the long term reliability of these highly used engine.?
Old 22nd June 2018, 18:16   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
Intending to buy a Fiesta 1.6 S. There’s a 30k km done with an exorbitant pricing and the rest with close to 100k kms in the odo. Would you be able to churn some ques on the long term reliability of these highly used engine.?
What is the price being quoted?
30k kms is too less for a 1.6S. Should've been driven more IMO. A lesser used engine is also not a good sign. In fact, sometimes, high mileage examples can be considered better.

I feel around 50-60k would be the sweet spot for a 8-9 year old car. Are you looking for an S specifically? because an Sxi from around the same year would be somewhat cheaper.

As for reliability, you should be fine as long as it has been regularly serviced at authorised service centres. Mine(1.6 SXi) had a coolant leak, soon after I bought it at 50k kms. Was due to the previous owner having used non-Ford coolant. The coolant reservoir had cracked. Had to change the whole coolant circuit. Don't remember the bill now, but wasn't too high.

Hope you get a fine 1.6S.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 18:31   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
What is the price being quoted?
The car is now with its second owner and is willing to settle for 3.7L. This one is the only 1.6S I could find with a lesser running, except the rest which has close to 100k in odo.

Last edited by ampere : 24th June 2018 at 08:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 23rd June 2018, 00:23   #880
BHPian

Quote:
One of my cousins owns a Fiesta 1.6 (2011 model) & that car has done around 140k km. The engine on that car is still punchy as ever & even the rest of the car has held up nicely. Still I wouldn't recommend buying an used car that has done around 100k km, some niggles/problems are bound to occur after the 100k km mark. I believe if you are patient, you will find a low run Fiesta 1.6 within your budget.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 23rd June 2018 at 00:25.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 16:52   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
One of my cousins owns a Fiesta 1.6 (2011 model) & that car has done around 140k km. The engine on that car is still punchy as ever & even the rest of the car has held up nicely. Still I wouldn't recommend buying an used car that has done around 100k km, some niggles/problems are bound to occur after the 100k km mark. I believe if you are patient, you will find a low run Fiesta 1.6 within your budget.
What exactly are you trying to say? If you wouldn't recommend one, you've given a wrong example.
Old 23rd June 2018, 18:26   #882
BHPian

Quote:
The car is now with its second owner and is willing to settle for 3.7L. This one is the only 1.6S I could find with a lesser running, except the rest which has close to 100k in odo.
Avoid it. Don't pay more than 2.5L for a clean 1.6S since a well maintained 1.6 can be had for 2-2.2L max.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 00:25   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Avoid it. Don't pay more than 2.5L for a clean 1.6S since a well maintained 1.6 can be had for 2-2.2L max.
Skipping the car. Primarily for the pricing and a contact who knew the first owner told me that it was sold to the current seller with some aftermarket touches, including a FFE. It contradicts with what the seller has told me, that the modifications were never installed, but can give away those along with the car.

Alas, I’m not probing more and leaving it there. The hunt begins again.
E = mc˛ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 21:39   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
What exactly are you trying to say? If you wouldn't recommend one, you've given a wrong example.
According to me buying an used car that has done around 100k km is not a very wise decision, especially since one can always find a car that has run less. We are also taking about the Fiesta 1.6 which is a petrol powered car with low FE, not many guys with high running would have bought a Fiesta 1.6. Of course there would be exceptions like my cousin, he clocks around 20k km annually in his Fiesta 1.6. Overall I believe finding a low run Fiesta 1.6 shouldn't be a problem.

When I gave the example of my cousin's Fiesta, I meant that a Fiesta can be reliable even past the 100k mark. But that doesn't mean that a car which has done around 100k km won't have any problem, a 100k km run car would be more expensive to maintain than say a car which has done around 60k km. My cousin's Fiesta had to go through a timing belt change, clutch change at around the 100k km mark. That car first required some suspension work at 70k km, as of today almost all the suspension parts have been changed (now odo at 140k km). At least initially a low run car won't possibly need replacement of the above mentioned parts. I hope that I have made my point clear this time .

Last edited by chiranjitp : 24th June 2018 at 21:51.
Old 24th June 2018, 21:51   #885
BHPian

Quote:
timing belt change
clutch change
suspension change
The change interval for those parts also depend on the age of the car and also on how it was driven and maintained.

Quote:
At least initially a low run car won't possibly need replacement of the above mentioned parts.
One of the or most common 'age' where people try to sell the car is when costly replacements like these are due.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks