Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 10:40   #976
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sure. We might be actually driving to Yercaud. I hope the elevated road from Silk Board to Elec City is now open to traffic in that direction?
Yes, the flyover is now open. What a coincidence. A lot of people I know are going to Yercaud this weekend. Seems like the place will be overcrowded
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 10:41   #977
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,850
Thanked: 3,525 Times
Default re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sure. We might be actually driving to Yercaud. I hope the elevated road from Silk Board to Elec City is now open to traffic in that direction?
Yes - the flyover is now fully open with no construction work when I drove into Bangalore yesterday.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 10:51   #978
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,518
Thanked: 1,464 Times
Default re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Yes, the flyover is now open. What a coincidence. A lot of people I know are going to Yercaud this weekend. Seems like the place will be overcrowded
Thanks, but I am planning next weekend. I'm actually flying down to bring my daughter and her Figo back to Hyderabad. But now my other family members are interested, so they might be driving down. Instead of staying in traffic-infested Bangalore for 2 days, we thought it is better to spend a couple of days in a nearby tourist spot. Hence Yercaud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Yes - the flyover is now fully open with no construction work when I drove into Bangalore yesterday.
Thanks, but i read somewhere that they had closed a part of it in the other direction a few days ago.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 20:06   #979
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,518
Thanked: 1,464 Times
Default re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Below are pictures of the teenager, and lo behold--it still shines like it is new, except a few scratches here and there, thanks to Hyderabad's notorious bikers and autorickshaws.


My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years-fiesta1.jpg

My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years-fiesta2.jpg

My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years-fiesta3.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 08:32   #980
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 52,366
Thanked: 122,785 Times
Default Re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Below are pictures of the teenager
Congratulations on your teenager! That shiny paint belies her age. With that raspy revv-happy engine, pure hydraulic steering & sharp dynamics, she is a legend indeed.

I like to hold onto my cars for long too .

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2019 at 08:33.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 09:47   #981
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Lovely looking car. (Touchwood) I still drool over well maintained Fiestas. I guess the looks have stood the passage of time. Classy and understated looks never become an eyesore.

We do not have such good drivers cars below 10 lakhs anymore :(
krish3 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 10:09   #982
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,518
Thanked: 1,464 Times
Default Re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations on your teenager! That shiny paint belies her age. With that raspy revv-happy engine, pure hydraulic steering & sharp dynamics, she is a legend indeed.

I like to hold onto my cars for long too .
Thank you for your kind words. And yep, I too like to keep my cars for long. My Waggie completed 17 years 8 months already, and is still in a decent condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Lovely looking car. (Touchwood) I still drool over well maintained Fiestas. I guess the looks have stood the passage of time. Classy and understated looks never become an eyesore.

We do not have such good drivers cars below 10 lakhs anymore :(
Thanks. I agree with you on the non-availability of good driver's cars.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 10:35   #983
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 439
Thanked: 1,123 Times
Default Re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Below are pictures of the teenager, and lo behold--it still shines like it is new, except a few scratches here and there, thanks to Hyderabad's notorious bikers and autorickshaws.
Abhi, your car looks fantastic and it does not look like a 12 year old car!
Your thread was one the inspirations for me to buy the global Fiesta. I love my car and like you, hope to keep it for as long as I can. But I do get a thought sometimes, would I be happier if I had bought the previous gen Fiesta (Classic) with that stonker of a petrol engine?

Last edited by Porschefire : 15th March 2019 at 10:36.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 17:13   #984
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,518
Thanked: 1,464 Times
Default Re: My Fiesta 1.6 SXI enters the teenage years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Abhi, your car looks fantastic and it does not look like a 12 year old car!
Your thread was one the inspirations for me to buy the global Fiesta. I love my car and like you, hope to keep it for as long as I can. But I do get a thought sometimes, would I be happier if I had bought the previous gen Fiesta (Classic) with that stonker of a petrol engine?
Thank you so much, @Porshcefire. If I'm not mistaken, you have a paprika red Global Fiesta with the new Aston Martin grill? That looks bloody awesome---total drool maal!

Yes, the 1.6 has more power than the new one, but a remap of your tdci would totally change the ball game. I hope you have that in mind.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family! suman Long-Term Ownership Reviews 370 13th January 2015 16:52
Teenage dream come true! SuperMane Introduce yourself 0 10th December 2014 00:08
NEED Inputs to FINALISE: Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi or Diesel 1.4 TDCi SXi. Specific query sachinchavan Sedans 17 26th September 2012 00:00
Ford Fiesta enters Limca Book of Records!! kdb The Indian Car Scene 49 19th September 2006 15:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks