Team-BHP - My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/38261-my-ford-fiesta-1-6-sxi-completes-13-7-years-dies-drowning-9.html)

Hi Venu saab,

You are spot on. The lock must have been in the 'locked' position preventing the boot from closing. Boots and doors need to be 'unlocked' in order to shut.

Cheers,

Hi Venu Sir,
Just read your entire review now. Glad that you have been enjoying your ride and there have been no issues with the car.Very nicely written and very detailed review and your logs of fuel detail is inspiring. I wonder when I'll start with it.
Like you even I have been thinking of writing my review here but its still only 6 months , I guess I can wait for another 6 months to write a detailed review of my ikon.:)

Thanks Ravvs and Manish. I still don't know how it went to 'locked' position, and I don't wanna fiddle with the mechanism to find out.
Manish, you can still write an initial ownership of your Ikon.

Hi Vnabhi,

needed your expert advice on the SSP (scheduled service plan) by Ford. My dealer strongly recomends the SSP. The approx costs are as under:

2 yrs = Rs. 15K
3 yrs = Rs. 35K

firstly, what beats me is that the 3yr SSP is more that twice the 2 yr SSP ??

Just wanted to know whether its worthwhile going for these SSPs. Do you feel the avergae annual maintenance cost could exceed these SSP fees (esp the 3yr one)

thanks !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 (Post 1483311)
Hi Vnabhi,

needed your expert advice on the SSP (scheduled service plan) by Ford. My dealer strongly recomends the SSP. The approx costs are as under:

2 yrs = Rs. 15K
3 yrs = Rs. 35K

firstly, what beats me is that the 3yr SSP is more that twice the 2 yr SSP ??

Just wanted to know whether its worthwhile going for these SSPs. Do you feel the avergae annual maintenance cost could exceed these SSP fees (esp the 3yr one)

thanks !!

Looks like a rip off to me. So far I've spent Rs 12394 on getting my car serviced, as indicated below (note that I've excluded cost of anti-rust, waxoyl, accident repair, sports pedals,etc):-
  1. 1st service--->free
  2. 2nd service---> Rs 1384 (oil change, etc)
  3. 3rd service-->Rs 1476
  4. 1 year service--> Rs 3045
  5. 18 month service-->Rs 2337
  6. July 09 service--> Rs 4003 (incl wheel bal and rotation)
I'd like to know what items are covered in the SSP/ TMP. Prima facie, it looks to me that the dealer is greedy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1483384)
Looks like a rip off to me. So far I've spent Rs 12394 on getting my car serviced, as indicated below (note that I've excluded cost of anti-rust, waxoyl, accident repair, sports pedals,etc):-
  1. 1st service--->free
  2. 2nd service---> Rs 1384 (oil change, etc)
  3. 3rd service-->Rs 1476
  4. 1 year service--> Rs 3045
  5. 18 month service-->Rs 2337
  6. July 09 service--> Rs 4003 (incl wheel bal and rotation)
I'd like to know what items are covered in the SSP/ TMP. Prima facie, it looks to me that the dealer is greedy.

Thanks for sharing the service cost, I know it will differ somewhat for diesel car, but it gives indication for prospective buyers / expecting delivery of car like me and others.

SSP / TMP cost looks higher, eventhough I was not interested as Ford recently have reduced the price of spares / service cost and due to stiff competition from other manufacturers, I don't think they will increase the cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshvin (Post 1486424)
SSP / TMP cost looks higher, eventhough I was not interested as Ford recently have reduced the price of spares / service cost and due to stiff competition from other manufacturers, I don't think they will increase the cost.

Bingo---if they have to survive, they gotta continue to be practical. I wish I'd bought my car now--I'd have saved nearly 50 K :Shockked:.

But on the other hand, I would not have had the privelege of smoking other cars for 2 years!!

When I took my car for tanking up today, I found that the odo was still at 18400----it would certainly have been 2000 more had I taken it on my Goa trip last week. Poor thing got dumped also on the Tirupati trip in June.

I got a call from Mody Ford seeking time to inspect the hydraulic steering system in my car, per instructions from Ford India----I believe some customer in Delhi had an issue with his power steering going kaput.

I said I would take the car over to them on Saturday, but they offered to send someone to inspect the car at my home or office. I agreed and the rep came and inspected the siiver coloured hose pipe behind the engine block. He showed to me that it was almost touching the engine, so he twisted it away and it is now about 3 inches away.

Per him, the power steerring hose pipe in petrol Fiestas is behind the engine block, but in diesel cars it is below it. I believe that owing to movement of the engine, constant scraping of the pipe leads to leaks and loss of power steering efficacy. In my case he said it was fine. He also sat in the car, started the engine, and tested the steering with a single hand---a full left lock followed by right lock two times. He said it was smooth and normal.

It appears Ford India has asked all dealers to inspect the pipe of all Petrol Fiestas and replace free of cost, if needed (costs around 4K). Good move by Ford to take things so seriously.

Perhaps I should start a new thread for the benefit of all petrol Fiesta owners regarding this good move by Ford India, what say?

Good of Ford to do something like this. This is valuable info, maybe you should start a new thread.

Glad to know that Venu. I think Ford is also catching up on service front and this increases the confidence of including ford vehicles in the list when contemplating a new purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1521036)
Glad to know that Venu. I think Ford is also catching up on service front and this increases the confidence of including ford vehicles in the list when contemplating a new purchase.

Yep Avi, you betcha! Looks like most manufacturers are improving, except Skoda, going by the horror stories on this forum.

Yes, there are positive vibes around for Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 1636056)
Yes, there are positive vibes around for Ford.

Yep!! Of late there are many bhpians booking the Fiesta, which would not have been the case had Ford not made amends for their past record.

Yes, even at my place, I am seeing a lot of people going for fiesta,
and i have observed that mostly the ZXI and EXI variants of petrol and diesel are purchased, SXI are purchased less (due to price factor)

Guys,
It's been nearly a month since I've driven the Fiesta, thanks to my foreign assignment of 3 months.
Meantime, my daughter noticed a dent on the front bumper last week (not sure if it was my son or my pal who caused it). Luckily it is on the left side, that had already taken a few scratches 2 years back.

Since I won't be back till end of March, I was wondering if it is worth making a claim. I somehow have an inkling that I can get it done by a local denter/ painter, but I am not sure. Please let me know your thoughts. Here are the pics ---the scratches to the ltop eft of the fog lamp are 2 years old.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-image0722.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-image0723.jpg