Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 11:36   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the info, but is the camp only for today? I might give them a shot as they are closer to my office.
Camp was probably for till last saturday, but I think , due to too many cars, they have extended it. Infact , I went last saturday around 2p.m, but they pleaded helplessness to deliver the car before 8p.m in night for just a hour's work, as they already have 25030 cars at that time for service and check-up , so I decided to reschedule. As today the driver was free for pick up, he came and picked the car.
You can call up 040-64644800 for checking up, if they can schedule the appointment. Or best, I will PM you the driver's number, who picks my car, you can talk to him directly, taking my reference, and see if he can help.

Quote:
As regards smoothness of engine after using System G, yes, it does sound smoother, but I don't see any improvement in FE. In the absence of System G, I found that revving the engine to around 4000 rpm on the ORR for a few minutes does magic to the smoothness. To cite an example, after my return from Ooty, my car has been extremely smooth for the past month.
Yes, mileage improvement, if any, on using system G is small. But system G does help the engine. I have not been on the highway since last one year, therefore decided to use it. I bought this bottle in 2009 from Fortune ford, and still have some left over to use it atleast once or twice more.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:47   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@vnabhi - The mileage you have mentioned in the excel file is not based on the tank fill to tank fill basis right. I could see at one entry you filled 44 ltrs in the tank, I assume its a typo error.
I do agree the engine feels a lot smoother after System G addition during petrol refueling. But I have observed a marginal increase in FE. Maybe my office timings are such that I avoid heavy traffic, hence the noticeable FE increase.
No, it was indeed based on tankful-to-tankful method, except the ones at the top which relate to the first few kms on a new car, when I was not maintaining the sheet.

The capacity of the tank is 45 litres, and I do remember filling it once on a nearly-empty tank
Old 19th July 2012, 12:55   #333

Quote:
Hi Vijay
My updated figures are attached. The FE in city hovers around 11 to 12, if you see from the figures.
===========
Attachment 958672
vnabhi,

Thanks for the spreadsheet. I'm now green with envy after seeing your FE figures. Just kidding!

Will definitely try changing my upshifting pattern to about 2500 - 2800 RPM; but, my driving being in bumper to bumper to traffic for most part might be a factor. I've also decided to try the System-G additive for a few tankfuls. Will update after the experiments! Thanks!

Vijay
Old 19th July 2012, 13:01   #334

^^ Yes, Fiesta's tank capacity is about 45 ltrs; I have routinely filled over 43 ltrs. I'm lazy (but I do wait just to see the trip meter over 400 for every refill!)
Old 19th July 2012, 13:31   #335
BHPian

Off topic - but then this is where most of the Fiesta owners tend to visit (all those fiesta owners who bought Fiestas 3-4 years back and were in the list created by Vnabhi)

My query -

Recently I have started experiencing an unsmooth/shuddery ride when I drive with halfcluth pressed.

Now before you guys start on with that this is not the right way to drive let me explain the situation.

After my ownership of the fiesta, I was not driving much into bumper to bumper traffic and the gear transition was smooth and instant. So I am either on my 5th or on my 2nd but I am at a pace.

Recently I moved for work to the much dreaded Hinjewadi where the traffic is crazy. It moves at snails pace and stops after a few meters.

Now there are situations where I have to release the clutch but then press it back so i dont catch momentum (not sure if I am able to explain it correctly), At times I am unable to release the clutch completly as the distance to move is too less to relase the clutch.

At such moments - I experience the car knock, but knocking on 2nd? I never start my car on 2nd if it gets stationary so if I have braked to a stop, it is thge 1st gear.

But in bumper to bumper it is largly 2nd where I have to pause a little and use my brake,clutch to keep the slow momentum.

Is it normal? or is it something to do with the clutch plates?

I do not experience any issues at all on a normal traffic route where the gear transition is clean.

I know my Odometer reading would help , but honestly I have not looked at it in a while. Let me check it and update on it.

Until then any advice?
Old 19th July 2012, 14:21   #336
Senior - BHPian

I think you are talking about clutch judder. If so, it happens in my car too, especially when I stop on an incline and release handbrake to get the car going. And this I've been experiencing even when the car was new.

The judder is more than on my WagonR at half-clutch, and the handbrake is also harder to engage than the Waggie. Hope this helps.
Old 19th July 2012, 15:03   #337
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are talking about clutch judder. If so, it happens in my car too, especially when I stop on an incline and release handbrake to get the car going. And this I've been experiencing even when the car was new.

The judder is more than on my WagonR at half-clutch, and the handbrake is also harder to engage than the Waggie. Hope this helps.

Thanks! the wagonR relation helped as I never had experienced this in a van, 800 or any other car. BUT then I never had a bumper to bumper daily run.

So everything is normal with the car, its just the driving scenario. Now how can this be avoided? Or I should not be bothered when I get this "judder" when I am trying to half cluth on 1st or 2nd to keep the beast from being released.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:15   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewild View Post
but I do wait just to see the trip meter over 400 for every refill!
Not to poke at you, but once in a blue moon I got this reading when I refuled for a tank full.

I do have experienced the clutch judder some times and not regularly in B2B traffic, maybe once you get used to such traffic the clutch release will be more smoother.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-photo0355.jpg  

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-photo0369.jpg  

Old 19th July 2012, 16:37   #339

Quote:
Not to poke at you, but once in a blue moon I got this reading when I refuled for a tank full.

I do have experienced the clutch judder some times and not regularly in B2B traffic, maybe once you get used to such traffic the clutch release will be more smoother.
^^ That's unbelievable! But, is it in 100% city traffic condition? I have seen similar DTEs in my vehicle during highway runs.

If those are city runs, hats off; you should let Ford know that May be they will post it in their showrooms!

Vijay
intothewild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 17:26   #340
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I''ve got such DTE readings only on highway runs. Normally it shows 510 to 530 on tanking up in city drives.

As regards clutch judder, I think you need to master the technique of releasing the clutch pedal. I use half-clutch only on steep inclines. I've not had that issue in heavy traffic on level roads so far. But long stints in such traffic do hurt my left knee at times, as the clutch is heavier than my Waggie or earlier M 800.
Old 19th July 2012, 17:36   #341
BHPian

the maximum DTE i have managed is 645 on a highway run.
My City DTE ranges from 450-500, but i drive from Kharghar to Ballard Estate in Mumbai daily so me happy with that.

And yes i have routinely experienced the said jerk from day one at half clutch in rush hour traffic. But after a trouble free 3 years and 50,000 kms I understand its normal which riding the clutch.

I am noticing a vibrating steering the last couple of days at low speeds. Any inputs on the reasons ? The character of the car hasnt been affected and neither is the vibration visible at high speeds
Old 19th July 2012, 20:07   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
I am noticing a vibrating steering the last couple of days at low speeds. Any inputs on the reasons ? The character of the car hasnt been affected and neither is the vibration visible at high speeds

You can get your tyre pressure checked, and also wheel balancing and alignment done.

How is the tread on your tyres, and how many kms have they run so far?
Old 20th July 2012, 08:28   #343
BHPian

Mine being a diesel vehicle, i have seen my DTE around 800 KMs during tank up during initial days. But after 6 years, it sticks to 730~750 KMs. Not bad

So far, i have completed around 92k KMs and my BiL has completed around ~96k in Fiesta 1.4. So far its Ok, except regular wear and tear.
Old 20th July 2012, 09:16   #344
BHPian

Quote:
You can get your tyre pressure checked, and also wheel balancing and alignment done.

How is the tread on your tyres, and how many kms have they run so far?
I have been maintaining a constant 32 and have it checked. Also the tyres are 50k old, still running the stocks. the treads are pretty even and i have been made to understand by Wasan Ford they are good for 10000 more.
May be I should take a second opinion.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:25   #345
BHPian

Quote:

Thats crazy- I never got 600+ for my tank full(nozzel sensor saying tank full)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
And yes i have routinely experienced the said jerk from day one at half clutch in rush hour traffic. But after a trouble free 3 years and 50,000 kms I understand its normal which riding the clutch.
Quote:
As regards clutch judder, I think you need to master the technique of releasing the clutch pedal. I use half-clutch only on steep inclines. I've not had that issue in heavy traffic on level roads so far. But long stints in such traffic do hurt my left knee at times, as the clutch is heavier than my Waggie or earlier M 800.

Thanks for confirming the judder thing, I was worried if it is specific to my car. And yes my leg hurts too with clutch use in B2B traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks