Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 09:13   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have seen in the past disconnecting the battery resets the ECM (electronic control module) and the parameters used for the DTE calculations. This affects the DTE ranges. Also maybe your running average FE over the last 500 kms maybe fantastic to push the DTE to the new highs.

As a thumb rule after every servicing, I go for a long drive, this pushes the FE and subsequently the DTE during the next refuel. Attached is the DTE FAQ's for your reading.
Thanks. That was a pretty comprehensive article. Where did you source it from?
Old 31st January 2013, 09:26   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. That was a pretty comprehensive article. Where did you source it from?
From Ford themselves, thanks to a complaint to Ford customer care about the heavy fluctuations in DTE. Although the issue was never resolved, have leant to live with it. Was planning to get the Fuel tank level switch inspected during the last servicing but had to opt out due to lack of time since IMO the level switch if smeared with deposits will result in inaccurate readings being fed to the ECM for DTE calculations.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 13:55   #408
Senior - BHPian

Achieved this milestone yesterday, with 2 weeks to go for the Red Injun's 6th birthday. So far it has been a niggle-free, exhilerating ownership experience.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130228_135227.png
Views: 1260
Size:  207.9 KB

Last edited by vnabhi : 28th February 2013 at 13:56.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 17:28   #409
Senior - BHPian

Requesting mods to change the title. The Red Injun's 6th birthday is today. I just can't believe that 6 years have zipped by so fast!

I'm continuing to enjoy every moment with it. The odo is 38200, and I plan to change the tyres next month to Michelin XM2s, as I'd done for the Figo.
Old 15th March 2013, 08:22   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm continuing to enjoy every moment with it. The odo is 38200, and I plan to change the tyres next month to Michelin XM2s, as I'd done for the Figo.
Congratulations Venu sir on owning the Fiesta for 6 years. Yours amongst other Fiesta owners experience had a major influence during my Fiesta buying process.

Wouldnt it be better to replace the tyres after another 2K kms, I feel you can run the car till 40-42K kms before going for the tyre change since you dont crunch so many miles. Michelin XM2 is a great choice.
Old 15th March 2013, 10:22   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations Venu sir on owning the Fiesta for 6 years. Yours amongst other Fiesta owners experience had a major influence during my Fiesta buying process.

Wouldnt it be better to replace the tyres after another 2K kms, I feel you can run the car till 40-42K kms before going for the tyre change since you dont crunch so many miles. Michelin XM2 is a great choice.
Many thanks for your wishes. What you've said makes sense and was at the back of my mind last night.

Only thing tempting me is the new financial year starting next month and my eligibility to claim around 45 K for car maintenance by producing bills. I have tyre replacement on the Fiesta as well as an RD race chip for the Figo on my cards, but in all likelihood, I'll hold back till summer.
Old 15th March 2013, 11:19   #412
BHPian

Congrats Vnabhi!!! My fiesta also needs a change in shoes. Would need to do it before monsoons. All eyes on what you choose. Please keep us posted.
Rastapopoulos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 14:39   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Congrats Vnabhi!!! My fiesta also needs a change in shoes. Would need to do it before monsoons. All eyes on what you choose. Please keep us posted.
Thanks buddy. I'll certainly make a call by May or June latest.

Till then, happy mile munching to you!
Old 28th March 2013, 18:58   #414
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Mody Ford yesterday reminding of my Fiesta's service being due. I was taken aback a little, as I generally get it serviced once a year, or every 6000 kms, whichever is earlier.

I checked my odo and found that the car had barely run for 2000 kms from when it was serviced in October, so I flatly refused. She tried to lure me by saying that there was an offer of free interior cleaning worth Rs 2200 if I get the car serviced by March 31st. Despite that, I said no. I can be flexible on my Km limit of 6k by 1k, but relaxing it by 4K seems too much.

By the way, did anyone get the interiors cleaned? Does it cost as much as Rs 2200?
Old 14th May 2013, 16:05   #415
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for suggestions on fog lamps. The left fog got slightly damaged 3 years ago when there was a dent on the bumper (pic at post 135 on page 9). Ever since then, the left fog kept moving backwards and losing focus as the bracket was broken and it could not be tightened in that socket. Ford said I needed to buy a set of fogs for around 5 k, which I have been resisting so far. The only 'jugaad' was during annual service, they would lift it on a ramp, and manually adjust the fog in the socket. But any serious thud would made it lose position again.

Yesterday, I tried to pull the fog forwards by inserting my hand through the narrow socket, but to my dismay, it moved backwards more and is hanging downward, inaccessible to the naked hand. Only lifting on a ramp will make it possible to reach it. And Ford A.S.S. is not very close, and in the direction opposite to my office.

Meanwhile, I inquired from a nearby accessories shop, and he said he could get me a pair of new fogs for less than 2 K. So my question is does anyone know of a good brand that is as bright as the ones supplied by Ford? I dont want to live with this ordeal any longer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:07   #416
BHPian

What tyres are you running on the car? Any plans to upsize to 195's if you're already not on it? What would be the ideal upsize?
Old 14th May 2013, 16:11   #417
Senior - BHPian

I'm changing in a month to 185/65/14. Most likely it will be the XM2s from Michelin. I am waiting for new stock. I also have the option of Continental Eco Contact 3s, but Michelin is a tried and trusted brand.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:18   #418
BHPian

Quote:
I'm changing in a month to 185/65/14. Most likely it will be the XM2s from Michelin. I am waiting for new stock. I also have the option of Continental Eco Contact 3s, but Michelin is a tried and trusted brand.
Alright. But why not consider 195/60?
I'm running 195/60 on my '06 Verna and it's really helped the stability and handling of an otherwise extremely bouncy car. Including a certain amount of steering feel.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:20   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Alright. But why not consider 195/60?
I'm running 195/60 on my '06 Verna and it's really helped the stability and handling of an otherwise extremely bouncy car. Including a certain amount of steering feel.
I inquired and found out that those were much costlier. A set of 4 would cost around 3200 INR more, and hence my reluctance. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

More info can be seen in the Fiesta tyre change thread.
Old 14th May 2013, 17:04   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for suggestions on fog lamps. The left fog got slightly damaged 3 years ago when there was a dent on the bumper (pic at post 135 on page 9). Ever since then, the left fog kept moving backwards and losing focus as the bracket was broken and it could not be tightened in that socket. Ford said I needed to buy a set of fogs for around 5 k, which I have been resisting so far. The only 'jugaad' was during annual service, they would lift it on a ramp, and manually adjust the fog in the socket. But any serious thud would made it lose position again.

Yesterday, I tried to pull the fog forwards by inserting my hand through the narrow socket, but to my dismay, it moved backwards more and is hanging downward, inaccessible to the naked hand. Only lifting on a ramp will make it possible to reach it. And Ford A.S.S. is not very close, and in the direction opposite to my office.

Meanwhile, I inquired from a nearby accessories shop, and he said he could get me a pair of new fogs for less than 2 K. So my question is does anyone know of a good brand that is as bright as the ones supplied by Ford? I dont want to live with this ordeal any longer.

Thanks in advance.
Re-posting my query as the earlier one got covered up immediately by subsequent posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks