Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 22:23   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I had -----------snip------------eas?
Were they of this opinion when the car was stationary?
Did you get the top up done and the radiator cleaned? I ask, because I've just collected my car from the mechanic just today, and these were done. A world of difference.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 22:29   #587
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Were they of this opinion when the car was stationary?
Did you get the top up done and the radiator cleaned? I ask, because I've just collected my car from the mechanic just today, and these were done. A world of difference.
Yes, there was a traffic jam near Lumbini Park, and the AC apparently was working fine. I've not topped up the gas, but when I visited that Subros center on Friday, they did spray water around the radiator. The mechanic said the car was low on AC gas, and I was planning to get the Evaporator changed this week.

I do know the AC works much better at position 1, but since MotoringLover owns an i20, I guess he felt the AC was fine on my Fiesta (the i20 has a crappy AC, but they might have improved in later models).

BTW, that was a nice, selective quote by you on my post.

Last edited by vnabhi : 14th June 2015 at 22:32.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 19:33   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Hello all..

After a lot of hunting around for a used 1.6 and no real luck on a well maintained car, I have decided to go ahead and buy a new Fiesta 1.6 Titanium.
Will end up getting the last few available pieces of the car.

Quick question: The car does not come with a USB option is it possible to use the aux port to play music directly from a USB?
Any one who has mod done for this?
Correction: The car has a audio unit that is hijacked from the Figo. So my question stands invalid as it has an usb option.
Waiting for the car to arrive..
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 18:00   #589
Senior - BHPian

Over the past month, I was intently observing the AC performance, and as feared, it did appear to be waning in cooling efficiency. But not to the extent of feeling that it was not working.

So I finally took the plunge yesterday and left my car with Car Cool Garage in Begumpet, near Chiraan Fort, who's the authorized Subros guy. Mr. Prakash, the owner put all my apprehensions at bay and said he'd deliver the car by 4 pm, which he did. The total damage was 7600 INR, including labor. They seem to have done a very good job, as there were not telltale signs of dashboard removal and re-installation.

When I was paying up, he insisted that I take the car for a spin and observe if there were any rattles from the dash, apart from observing the cooling efficiency. Thankfully, everything seemed to be in place.

He also identified the place where the old Evaporator had minor leaks. Per him, even Hyundai , VW, Honda and Skoda are nowadays deploying Evaporators made of thin aluminium, because these produce quick cooling. But they are prone to corrosion, more so in coastal areas. He also returned to old part, pictures of which are below. The part is made by Halla Visteon, which is now apparently made in Korea.

Top left portion had the leak

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150703_004.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150703_006.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150703_007.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150703_008.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150703_005.jpg  

Old 10th August 2015, 12:28   #590
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up this LTO thread for the benefit of IshaanIan, who's booked what is perhaps the last Fiesta 1.6 Duratec on sale.

Wish you many happy miles of motoring, Ishaan.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:54   #591
BHPian

Supposedly the last 1.6 on sale in Bangalore..
Acquired on 20th Aug'15
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-dsc_01582.jpg  

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-dsc_0193.jpg  

Starscream1188 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:57   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Supposedly the last 1.6 on sale in Bangalore..
Acquired on 20th Aug'15
Welcome to the club. What did you do with the Ford alloys.
techiecal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 16:02   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
Welcome to the club. What did you do with the Ford alloys.
Thank You!

Sold the Alloys and the tyres at 16k and 10k respectively..
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 12:31   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You!

Sold the Alloys and the tyres at 16k and 10k respectively..
The car looks hot in those new alloys! Congrats, and welcome to the club!
Old 7th October 2015, 14:24   #595
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I've noticed a drop in FE over the past 2 refills. It is around 10.4 to 11, down by around 1 kmpl. I guess it has something to do with a couple of thick snarls I'd gone through owing to flooded streets, and absence of highway runs.

But I also plan to get the air filter changed, as I suspect that is the culprit. Does anyone know how much Ford charges for an air filter change? It's been 13 months since the last change, and I plan to get a full service done only after another 2 to 3 thousand kms. So for the present, I plan to plonk in a new filter. I have given up my plans to clean the current one, as that is one heck of a task to do on the petrol Fiesta.
Old 7th October 2015, 14:34   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I've noticed a drop in FE over the past 2 refills. It is around 10.4 to 11, down by around 1 kmpl. I guess it has--------SNIP----------rol Fiesta.
Why not just buy one yourself. Itll be about 3-4 hundred at best, probably less. And the airbox opens up very easily. all bolts are visible. Undo the jubilee clips,Drop it in, good to go.
Old 7th October 2015, 14:50   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not just buy one yourself. Itll be about 3-4 hundred at best, probably less. And the airbox opens up very easily. all bolts are visible. Undo the jubilee clips,Drop it in, good to go.
Thanks for the suggestion, but are Ford filters available outside A.S.S. in Hyderabad? That apart, I saw a video on youtube that described it as the worst-designed air filter box in the world, that has deterred me this far.
Old 7th October 2015, 14:57   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but are Ford filters available outside A.S.S. in Hyderabad? That apart, I saw a video on Youtube that described it as the worst-designed air filter box in the world, that has deterred me this far.
I dont know about Hyderabad, but here itsavailable in plenty. Online as well. Check on spareshub.
From What i remember of the airbox, before i bamboozled it, undo the two bolts you can see, undo the jubilee clips on the intake and TB side, lift the box off the two snap-in mounting points on the rear underside of the box, flip it over, there will be 4(?) screws.
drop in the filter, and reverse order.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 13:48   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
undo the two bolts you can see, undo the jubilee clips on the intake and TB side, lift the box off the two snap-in mounting points on the rear underside of the box, flip it over, there will be 4(?) screws.
Sorry for the delayed response. There are 10 screws on the underside, apart from the two bolts on the upperside. I realized this after taking it to Vibrant Ford for a free cleanup service they offered. I also got other items like battery, brake discs, underbody, gear housing, link rods, etc inspected, apart from greasing all joints. Paid Rs 150 in all.

Coming back to the topic, it is indeed a pain to remove all those bolts and screws. However, removing the two hoses and the breather hose is pretty easy.

Here are a few pictures:

The air filter box with the cover removed:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20151009_005.jpg

The engine without the air filter box on top:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20151009_004.jpg
Old 4th November 2015, 10:42   #600
Senior - BHPian

It looks like the air filter cleaning paid off. My latest FE shows a healthy 12.08. It was 10.5 in the previous refill. I'm happy that such a small job led to such a good result. I only wish it was simpler to remove that darned filter, so that I could do it myself every few months!

To keep the engine smooth and free from carbon deposits, I tanked up with BP 97 octane last week: the previous time was around 2 years back. The cost per liter was around 19 INR more, but the benefits of a smooth and clean engine were alluring. The effect on the engine sounds at low speeds was immediately noticeable, but the high revvs still produce that addictive snarl that we all love so much, though slightly muted.

I waiting with bated breath for the run to airport this afternoon via ORR, which will allow me to take the Duratec sigma to high revvs for a longer period of time. This will kind of flush the bad deposits out and keep the engine healthy.

I'm loving every mile crunched on the Red Injun. The odo reads 52306 now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks