Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 22:40   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi Sir,

The Classic Titanium had auto locking. The doors on my car lock when the car crosses 7 km/h.

BTW, does central locking disable the boot release on your car?

Also, the battery of our car's remote key is behaving anaemically. When did you have to replace them on your car?

Neel
Nice to know that the Classic has auto lock feature. I wish mine had it.

Yes, central lock disables the boot release button on the dash. However, it does not do so in my Figo.

My Fiesta's battery was never replaced so far. Even if they did, they might have forgotten to charge for it. And when the car was new, the remote once went into a bucket of water with my trousers. Luckily, i retrieved it in a few minutes.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:22   #662
BHPian

Guys needs your inputs. I am checking out this 1.6S. Mechanically it felt good but exteriors need work as listed below. Agreed car should have been clean but hey its a 1.6S! Was thinking of buying if i get a good deal.

Left mirror assembly broken. The mechanism works so possible to just fix the broken part? May be source from scrap?
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20160506_082241.jpg

The front bumper needs repainting plus it has lowered a bit due to a hit. Can it be fixed without replacing? If replacing then cost?
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20160506_082345.jpg

Front end. Missing fog lamp plus misaligned bumper.
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20160506_082449.jpg

Dust getting inside headlamps. Again can this be cleaned and sealed?
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20160506_082351.jpg

Here is approximate repair costs I am looking it.
1. Repainting front bumper/grill/both fenders and hood: 21000
2. Fog lamp: 4500
3. Headlamp assembly: 9000
4. Mirror assembly: 5000?
5. New bumper: 8000 (plus painting)
5. Remaining denting/painting work: 10000

Last edited by akshay380 : 6th May 2016 at 11:23.
Old 6th May 2016, 11:28   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Who told you these costs?
Repaint can be done at any good paint shop for half that.
Fog's are available online, much cheaper, less than half.
Headlamps, try having them opened, and cleaned, and resealed. Should fix it. Otherwise, yes, theyre expensive. But refurbished ones can had for 5k a pair.
Mirror can be sourced for 2000.
New bumper, not entirely sure, but I've seen a lot of bumper guys work magic even on broken clips.
Fini.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:35   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Who told you these costs?
Repaint can be done at any good paint shop for half that.
Fog's are available online, much cheaper, less than half.
Headlamps, try having them opened, and cleaned, and resealed. Should fix it. Otherwise, yes, theyre expensive. But refurbished ones can had for 5k a pair.
Mirror can be sourced for 2000.
New bumper, not entirely sure, but I've seen a lot of bumper guys work magic even on broken clips.
Fini.
Got the quote from ASS. I am just checking ballpark figure before quoting to the seller. Also do you know cost of ABS sensor?
Also pl check your PM
Old 6th May 2016, 11:43   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Guys needs your inputs. I am checking out this 1.6S. Mechanically it felt good but exteriors need work as listed below. Agreed car should have been clean but hey its a 1.6S! Was thinking of buying if i get a good deal.
Akshay, are you sure this a 1.6S or just a 1.6? Not sure if the 1.6s came without the side skirts and the spoiler..AFAIK it always came with the skirting and the large spoiler.

Coming to the car, The car does not look well kept. You may want to thoroughly evaluate before your purchase.. What is the quoted price?
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:46   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Akshay, are you sure this a 1.6S or just a 1.6? Not sure if the 1.6s came without the side skirts and the spoiler..AFAIK it always came with the skirting and the large spoiler.

Coming to the car, The car does not look well kept. You may want to thoroughly evaluate before your purchase.. What is the quoted price?
Yes its 1.6S. Yes it does not look well kept sadly. I will only proceed if its mechanically clean and if price is good. I will PM you the price.
Old 6th May 2016, 13:10   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanism works so possible to just fix the broken part? May be source from scrap?
Since the part is shared with the Figo, ask someone to check with the ASS for the price for a Figo. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to charge different prices for the same part on different cars. Tata does it. Most probably is will be cheaper if sold as a Figo spare.

Quote:
The front bumper needs repainting plus it has lowered a bit due to a hit. Can it be fixed without replacing? If replacing then cost?
Absolutely no reason to change. Get it fixed.

Quote:
Dust getting inside headlamps. Again can this be cleaned and sealed?
Get it sorted when you open the lamps to fit the HID's

Quote:
Now how did you jump to the conclusion that the car does not have Skirts and a Spoiler?

Quote:
if price is good.
Remember that's all you need to tell the seller. If you talk anything like the stuff mentioned in this thread, he'll know you "want" the car. Remember what I told you. You are an illiterate guy who wants a cheap car to transport goods from the wholesaler to your shop. You thought that the "S" badge meant Sasta. We already know he's desparate to sell the car. Don't let him get a doubt that you are desparate to buy.
pedrolourenco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 13:32   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

Now how did you jump to the conclusion that the car does not have Skirts and a Spoiler?

Simply because I do not see the skirting on the front bumper..
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 13:35   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simply because I do not see the skirting on the front bumper..
Oh. I thought you were referring to the side skirts. And there is no side profile picture posted. But as Akshay has clarified the car is an authentic "S".
Old 6th May 2016, 14:05   #670
BHPian

Quote:

Remember that's all you need to tell the seller. If you talk anything like the stuff mentioned in this thread, he'll know you "want" the car. Remember what I told you. You are an illiterate guy who wants a cheap car to transport goods from the wholesaler to your shop. You thought that the "S" badge meant Sasta. We already know he's desparate to sell the car. Don't let him get a doubt that you are desparate to buy.
This is absolutely hilarious.

What is the price that the car is going for? I am assuming that this car is from Goa. I bought my 'S' in Bangalore a couple of months ago so it would be nice to compare the prices in both states. I would have loved to get my car in this color. but, Panther black is not too bad is it?
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 14:07   #671
BHPian

Thanks all. My queries have been solved. Asking mods to clean the thread as this was OT /

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
This is absolutely hilarious.

What is the price that the car is going for? I am assuming that this car is from Goa. I bought my 'S' in Bangalore a couple of months ago so it would be nice to compare the prices in both states. I would have loved to get my car in this color. but, Panther black is not too bad is it?
I am buying in Pune since not a single S is present in Goa. How much did you pay for it. You may not have private message access so you can mail me at akshay200x at gmail.com

Last edited by Aditya : 7th May 2016 at 10:17. Reason: Back to back posts
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 13:11   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is what I think -

- Check if this is absolutely necessary, if not a smaller bill of 5000 for polishing the entire car would do. Bumpers are being painted anyway.

- should be easily available for 2k

- I changed my pair at about 11K, so one should cost you about 5-6k.
- I personally don't think this can be fixed easily, as leak is due to an impact from the outside.

- You cant just change the broken part, as this is one full assembly - and 3K is what you should be paying I suppose.

- just painting should do

- just an overall protection money, good.

Quote:
Since the part is shared with the Figo, ask someone to check with the ASS for the price for a Figo. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to charge different prices for the same part on different cars. Tata does it. Most probably is will be cheaper if sold as a Figo spare.
Mirror assembly is not common between Fiesta and Figo, they just look similar.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 13:41   #673
BHPian

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I picked up this Black beast, Fiesta 1.6 SXi, Year 2009, ran 60750kms with full service history. Got her detailed from inside while exteriors will be done after some paint touch ups.

The car appears to be very good mechanically. The engine pulls like crazy. I can finally understand what Mayankk or vnabhi meant when they talked about revving her up above 4k.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-fb_img_1463184475827.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_5783.jpg

Really want to thank Pedrolourenco, vnabhi, Aravinda.Anand, Mayankk and Moralfibre for the guidance. Decided to drop the blue 1.6S since it did not have proper documentation and also badly maintained.
akshay380 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 21:29   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I picked up this Black beast, Fiesta 1.6 SXi, Year 2009, ran 60750kms with full service history. Got her detailed from inside while exteriors will be done after some paint touch ups.
Hi there,

Congrats on your latest acquisition, and welcome to the club! She looks extremely neat for her age. Just one suggestion, change the grille to black and it will look much better on this particular shade. Wish you lots if miles and smiles with one gem of a car! Going for this one and not the dilapidated S we saw earlier is going to be beneficial for you in the long run.

BTW, did you post pics of your ride in the Ford Owner's Facebook group?

Regards,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 21:46   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi there,

Congrats on your latest acquisition, and welcome to the club! She looks extremely neat for her age. Just one suggestion, change the grille to black and it will look much better on this particular shade. Wish you lots if miles and smiles with one gem of a car! Going for this one and not the dilapidated S we saw earlier is going to be beneficial for you in the long run.

BTW, did you post pics of your ride in the Ford Owner's Facebook group?

Regards,
Neel
Thanks. Yes that was me. Some more photos are posted in intial ownership thread which will be up soon. Inak definitely painting OVRMs black but facing resistance at home for black grill. Should get it fixed soon
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed