Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th February 2021, 23:00   #1096
BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thank you Shobit. Did you sell your Figo? I remember you checked with me at Kurnool during our meet there about my opinion on the Figo, which I had bought a few months ago. And I think you bought one a few months later.
Oh yes and that is the discussion which put the seal on the decision. I still have her sitting at around 60k. Running it bone stock and love it to bits. Have done multiple Bangalore - Visakhapatnam Non Stop drives in it.

Quote:
@Mashmash---were you in this epic tbhp drive on the Nagpur highway, sometime in 2011? You can spot the Red Injun in the later part of the video.

I just got to see this and am feeling kinda nostalgic.

https://Youtu.be/6-rkIiYiFNU
Yes I guess I was. My god, its been long since leaving Hyderabad.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 16:06   #1097
Senior - BHPian

After months of hesitation, decided to go for a replacement for the Red Injun, and the below car came into our garage last evening. Will put up an ownership thread in a couple of months.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-es-delivery.jpeg

The Diesel Sports version it is!

Thanks in advance for your wishes.
vnabhi is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 19:39   #1098
BHPian

Finally! Congrats sir for getting the Ecosport and wishing you loads of miles with your Ecosport.

Hope, your Ecosport will serve you well and reliable, just like your Red Injun.

And, the colour of your Ecosport looks smashing and this is one of the best colours I like in Ecosport along with black and blue.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 22:39   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Finally! Congrats sir for getting the Ecosport and wishing you loads of miles with your Ecosport.

Hope, your Ecosport will serve you well and reliable, just like your Red Injun.

And, the colour of your Ecosport looks smashing and this is one of the best colours I like in Ecosport along with black and blue.
Thank you for your kind comments. And yes, I plan to keep cars for more than a decade, as was the case with the WagonR and Fiesta.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 01:57   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
After months of hesitation, decided to go for a replacement for the Red Injun, and the below car came into our garage last evening. Will put up an ownership thread in a couple of months.
Thanks in advance for your wishes.
Congratulations sir on your purchase! Wish you many happy miles with the Ecosport!

This was the go-to thread for Fiesta queries on TBHP, almost like an official thread on the Fiesta 1.6. Really loved the way you maintained it, looked immaculate even after all these years. Your thread helped me, and I'm sure many others, with their ownership decision as well any niggles with their Fiestas. It was very saddening to read about it's drowning, more so because of how beautiful it still was at 13yrs old.

I hope the Ecosport serves you as long as, if not more than the Fiesta did. Looking forward to the ownership thread.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 10:56   #1101
BHPian

Hi Sir,

Was extremely sad when I heard about the Red Injun. You and your Fiesta are one of the biggest reasons that I drive a 1.6 now! Didn't have the heart to post on this thread when I heard about the devastating news.

But that's life, I guess! Congrats on the new Ford. Looks great. And thanks, for everything!

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 22:59   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Congratulations sir on your purchase! Wish you many happy miles with the Ecosport!

I hope the Ecosport serves you as long as, if not more than the Fiesta did. Looking forward to the ownership thread.
Thank you for your wishes. Will certainly put up a review after a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi Sir,

Was extremely sad when I heard about the Red Injun. You and your Fiesta are one of the biggest reasons that I drive a 1.6 now! Didn't have the heart to post on this thread when I heard about the devastating news.

But that's life, I guess! Congrats on the new Ford. Looks great. And thanks, for everything!

Neel
Thank you Neel. The only consolation I have is that I get to see the replica of my car in your thread!

Posting a picture of the new ES taken today in Hitech City area---between the new cable bridge and Ikea. This area used to be a rocky, barren area around 6 years ago.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20210313_174704.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 04:57   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
After months of hesitation, decided to go for ...
Congratulations on your new drive , call it coincidence, after my red 1.6 SXi, I also bought an EcoSport. Drove several cars, but couldn't get that Ford feel, and this was only close enough. I chose the AT and have been happy with it, especially on long drives.

Last edited by Chillout : 14th March 2021 at 05:15.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 19:39   #1104
BHPian

Hi Abhi
I bought my pre-loved Paprika Red 1.6 after following your thread for years. It was shocking to read about the sad drowning of Red Injun and even the folks at home were shocked after seeing the pics. Anyway, glad you have a new ride now, though nothing can beat the surge of a downshift from the 1.6 engine. I am planning on a " Post-Covid vaccination" drive to Bangalore and if I do end up doing that, would love you to drive my Red Rackham once.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-pxl_20210123_150315851.portrait-1.jpg  

Yamahead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 23:18   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahead View Post
Hi Abhi
I bought my pre-loved Paprika Red 1.6 after following your thread for years. It was shocking to read about the sad drowning of Red Injun and even the folks at home were shocked after seeing the pics. Anyway, glad you have a new ride now, though nothing can beat the surge of a downshift from the 1.6 engine. I am planning on a " Post-Covid vaccination" drive to Bangalore and if I do end up doing that, would love you to drive my Red Rackham once.
Thank you for the offer---i look forward to doing that.
Old 9th April 2021, 18:02   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! The Ecosport is a fantastic vehicle by itself and will be immensely pleasurable to drive and is a good choice for your red fiesta. Mine is a petrol version in the same brown colour, but I can safely say that it is a fun to drive car and you will keep looking for excuses to go on a drive. Plus it’s quite cheap to service and maintain as compared to say a VW or Hyundai.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 18:29   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congratulations! The Ecosport is a fantastic vehicle by itself and will be immensely pleasurable to drive and is a good choice for your red fiesta. Mine is a petrol version in the same brown colour, but I can safely say that it is a fun to drive car and you will keep looking for excuses to go on a drive. Plus itís quite cheap to service and maintain as compared to say a VW or Hyundai.
Thank you for your wishes. Yes, it is as pleasurable to drive as the Red Injun. For example, I woke up at 6 am today and went for a 100 km spin just to get familiar with the new car. It was not used much for nearly 14 days because many of us fell ill. All are fine now.

I even got used to cruise control on the ORR, and am enjoying it to the hilt. This apart, i found that my newly-installed Fastag from SBI worked perfectly.
And I am loving the refinement of the 1.5 tdci!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 19:36   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I am loving the refinement of the 1.5 tdci!
Agree with the refinement of the engine and NVH levels as well.
Unfortunately, Ford doesn't use synthetic oil for the 1.5 engines and the mineral oil becomes stale quite fast which can be felt after around 3-4k kms after fresh oil is poured.
What I have been doing from the beginning ever since I started using my Aspire diesel, is use oil additives after fresh oil is poured as well as fuel additives every alternate tankful. Adds some amount of smoothness most of the time, especially less noise.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 21:54   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Agree with the refinement of the engine and NVH levels as well.
Unfortunately, Ford doesn't use synthetic oil for the 1.5 engines and the mineral oil becomes stale quite fast which can be felt after around 3-4k kms after fresh oil is poured.
What I have been doing from the beginning ever since I started using my Aspire diesel, is use oil additives after fresh oil is poured as well as fuel additives every alternate tankful. Adds some amount of smoothness most of the time, especially less noise.
Thanks, can you please name those additives? And how often do you use them?

And what are the symptoms of mineral oil become stale---less refinement?
Old 9th April 2021, 22:59   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, can you please name those additives? And how often do you use them?

And what are the symptoms of mineral oil become stale---less refinement?
Yes, by stale I meant, it looses it's initial smoothness. It still has the lubrucation properties, but NVH goes a notch lower.

I have expirememted with different fuel additives, I have documented them on my ownership thread.
The top ones are Cetane X and Liqui Moly Speedtec, both available on Amazon. I use them if there is a highway trip since at around 2-2.5k rpm, the engine feels very refined. If it's city drives, I use Iftex System-D for every tankful. Haven't noticed much of a difference with that though.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed